IGNORED

Moutinho

Guest efctaxi
he is by far the best midfielder in the world, in fact, he is better than kendall ball and harvey all together. ;)

Are you serious Steve or are you pulling my chain ?

How do you conclude his number 1 status when you look at the competition ? Genuine question btw , not a knock .

Looks like he's anticipating a move........ somewhere at least

http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Footba...ure/gnid-52504/

Talk about lost in translation...

I don't know if it's on purpose, though it certainly appears that way, but this report manipulates the translation of what he said into what they want him to say. His words were what players normally say, regarding these situations.

When asked about if he was gonna stay for next season, his reply was that nobody can garantee something like that, and that at the end of the season, that's the time when you study and decide those things. Pretty straightforward answer, in my oppinion. He doesn't say that he'll leave, but of course he can't garantee that he'll stay.

The way reporters keep milking for these things, it's sickening. He renewed his contract for one more year, 2014 now, his release clause dropped, but he wavered a couple of clauses on it, meaning Sporting get pretty much the same, and since he was the highest payed player in the squad, I don't imagine that went down, so it's not like he's beeing underpayed.

So if he leaves, he leaves, and if he stays, he'll keep doing what he does, his job. Can't ask for more, really, we're just as fed up as you guys with the press always pushing these stories, trying to fan the flames where no flames exist. And this thing about manipulating the translations is low. Instead of giving a clear report on what was discussed, it says what they want it to say.

You've gotta love the press don't you? I thought they would have got bored with this one and moved on by now! They are really dragging it through the mud now. If he does end up in England he is really going to have to shine because the press have harped on about him so much that the anticipation to see how he adapts to the English game is going to be very high. We all know he has talent but that does not always mean that you will succed in EPL.

You've gotta love the press don't you? I thought they would have got bored with this one and moved on by now! They are really dragging it through the mud now. If he does end up in England he is really going to have to shine because the press have harped on about him so much that the anticipation to see how he adapts to the English game is going to be very high. We all know he has talent but that does not always mean that you will succed in EPL.

Well, when there's nothing to talk about, they still have to talk about something...

You carnt really blame this on miss quoting Sporting...

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/19838..._Moutinho_.aspx

He cart really spell it out any more..... hes clearly expecting something to happen......

Lets just hope its to the Blues

Yes, I can. 1st, it's the same report again, since he hasn't spoken since that last time, 2nd, I heard what he said, it's on the other post:

When asked about if he was gonna stay for next season, his reply was that nobody can garantee something like that, and that at the end of the season, that's the time when you study and decide those things. Pretty straightforward answer, in my oppinion. He doesn't say that he'll leave, but of course he can't garantee that he'll stay.

I think I've said it enough here that I don't mind him leaving, we can get a replacement fast enough, altough it's easier to replace Veloso, João going isn't a severe blow. Nevertheless, the way newsies keep pouding on this dead horse is amazing. Papers here had him as garanteed to leave at least 4 different times, and quite a few other players too.

If he leaves, he leaves, and if he stays, he stays. I'm not worried either way, I just remember what you guys went through last summer, and I don't want to see you get all fired up because the newsies keep fanning the flames on this. But don't worry, if solid info comes out, I'll let you guys know ;)

Do u think he can cut it in the prem? I think he looks a proper old school everton player.Technically brilliant, a leader and in the right team could be world class. What a team this could be next season:

1. Howard.

2.Neville 4.Lescott 5.Jagielka 3. Baines

6.Rodwell

8.Moutinihio 10.Arteta

7.Felliani 11.Cahill/Pienaar

The Yak/Love

Do u think he can cut it in the prem? I think he looks a proper old school everton player.Technically brilliant, a leader and in the right team could be world class. What a team this could be next season:

1. Howard.

2.Neville 4.Lescott 5.Jagielka 3. Baines

6.Rodwell

8.Moutinihio 10.Arteta

7.Felliani 11.Cahill/Pienaar

The Yak/Love

I'd love both of them players here, but I think we'd need about 25-30million to get them both. Not sure we could afford it.

Do u think he can cut it in the prem? I think he looks a proper old school everton player.Technically brilliant, a leader and in the right team could be world class.

I do. Would he be able to do at the PL what he does here, meaning be an influential part of his team? I don't know. His advantage is beeing a workhorse, running the full 90 minutes, retrieving possessions, bringing the ball up the pitch, etc.

But could he perform at the same level in a completely different League, with a different level of intensity? I don't know... I think so, but can't say for sure.

Guest efctaxi
In a statement today Robert Elstone said that we definitely wont be breaking our transfer record so I think we can safely say that Moutinho will not be coming to Goodison, well not to play for Everton anyway!

Would love to have seen him playing for us but I guess its not to be, looks like the Arshavin saga all over again

Nope , he said something slightly different . :D

"ROBERT ELSTONE has revealed Everton are already taking steps to avoid the mistakes of last summer – but admits it is unlikely David Moyes will be able to shatter the club’s transfer record for a fifth successive year."

Having said that , I will be very surprised if we wrap all our funds around him , with other positions in need of addressing .

Edited by efctaxi

Nope , he said something slightly different . :D

"ROBERT ELSTONE has revealed Everton are already taking steps to avoid the mistakes of last summer – but admits it is unlikely David Moyes will be able to shatter the club’s transfer record for a fifth successive year."

Having said that , I will be very surprised if we wrap all our funds around him , with other positions in need of addressing .

Agreed mate we need upto four more players so DM would be stretched even if he had £20 to spend.......................it is going to be a long hard summer and I would be amazed if we spent all we have in one shop

Agreed mate we need upto four more players so DM would be stretched even if he had £20 to spend.......................it is going to be a long hard summer and I would be amazed if we spent all we have in one shop

According to the Sunday People this morning we have agreed personal terms with Moutinho but had an £8M bid turned down because they are asking for £14M so they reckon a deal could be done for £12M

Cant see why the price would have dropped so much myself but hey would be nice if true

According to the Sunday People this morning we have agreed personal terms with Moutinho but had an £8M bid turned down because they are asking for £14M so they reckon a deal could be done for £12M

Cant see why the price would have dropped so much myself but hey would be nice if true

That can't be right, he just signed a new deal with a 20 million Euros release clause, so if we talk in pounds I reckon they'll be wanting 16-18 million depending on conversion.

Lets face it, Moutinho will not be signing for us.

I would like to be wrong but im with you 100% on that we more then likely will have next to nothing to spend this summer and this guy would eat what funds we would have and we all know we have far more need for cover/replacements in other area's.

That can't be right, he just signed a new deal with a 20 million Euros release clause, so if we talk in pounds I reckon they'll be wanting 16-18 million depending on conversion.

22,5... ;)

It's roughly 20 million pounds.

Lets face it, Moutinho will not be signing for us.

I'd tend to agree, especially since Veloso's contract wasn't renegotiated, so it appears he's the next canditate to leave, not Moutinho. If Moutinho goes, it'll be for the release fee, while that probably won't happen with Veloso.

But I cannot say for sure, since we have an election next month, so anything is possible, really...