IGNORED

Moutinho

To be honest i cant see us signing Moutinho, hes going to cost around 15 million and i dont think we have that money to spend on one player.

If we where going to buy someone from Sporting id go for Veloso, another left footer, which we are quite short off, good on the deal ball, and very versatile and clever + he would only cost around 12 mill.

But i wouldnt mind that djalo either, looks like hes got some potential, anyone know how old he is?

To be honest i cant see us signing Moutinho, hes going to cost around 15 million and i dont think we have that money to spend on one player.

If we where going to buy someone from Sporting id go for Veloso, another left footer, which we are quite short off, good on the deal ball, and very versatile and clever + he would only cost around 12 mill.

But i wouldnt mind that djalo either, looks like hes got some potential, anyone know how old he is?

Veloso has a 30mil price tag stamped on him apparently as Juventus are interested in him.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/03/03/1815822/juventus-tracking-sporting-cp-star-miguel-veloso-report

• 2 months later...

I would eat the bricks of my house if we got this lad

Just had a look back to page 1 of thread... the statement still stands!!!

I don't actually ever want us to sign him, I just want this thread re-opened every transfer window... got to be a place for it in 'classics' thread if it ever came off!!!

• 2 months later...
On 3 July 2010, Moutinho signed a five-year contract with Sporting rivals F.C. Porto, with the transfer price reaching €11 million (€1M being paid for 50% of the rights to central defender Nuno André Coelho); additionally, Sporting would receive 25% of any transfer occurring during that timeframe, provided it surpassed the previous value.[5][6] Sporting Chairman José Eduardo Bettencourt described Moutinho's conduct as deplorable and called him a "rotten apple", adding: "The deal was done because Sporting wanted it, because it did not want a rotten apple in its orchard, and it did not want someone who was not an example, nor dignified the flag of the club."

can we close this thread at last? :)