IGNORED

Moutinho

Also in todays Sun:

David Moyes is planning a daring raid to snatch Portugal whizkid Joao Moutinho from under the noses of Manchester United and Arsenal.

The Everton chief has been alerted to the fact that Sporting Lisbon have yet to receive a firm offer for the £16million-rated star.

Now Moyes hopes to seal a quickfire deal for the 21-year-old midfielder, who has told his representatives he is keen to play in the Premier League.

Moyes is heading to the Euros to see Moutinho in the remaining group games after he shone in his nation’s opening 2-0 win over Turkey.

Liverpool are also watching the situation but if no offer comes in from United or the Gunners, Everton have every chance of landing him.

It would see him arrive on Merseyside in a similar deal to the one which brought Manuel Fernandes to Goodison.

Fernandes was loaned to the club for a year with the option of a permanent move should both parties agree.

Moyes has money to spend, without being given a definite figure, and is keen to bring in a “sexy” name to help take his fifth-placed side to the next level.

The prospect of forking out big bucks for Moutinho is no barrier as Everton’s money men know they would be sitting on a massive profit should he then attract Europe’s big guns.

Moyes is already interested in Spurs midfielder Tom Huddlestone and considering Manchester City’s Michael Johnson and USA star Michael Bradley if he misses out.

Meanwhile, Toffees striker Andy Van Der Meyde, 28, is wanted by Austrian outfit Red Bull Salzburg.

Van Der Meyde has made just 14 starts since arriving in 2005 because of injuries and personal problems.

sorry, but not taking a blind bit of notice to an article that claims VDM is still an everton player, least of all when he is refered to as a striker!

also, Moutinho has got a min release clause of E24mill in his new contract he signed in April, right?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

was reading the article on the OS about the lowdown on sporting going into our tie with them on tuesday, and found an interesting tidbit at the bottom of the article. they were talking to journalist and sporting lisbon expert Tom Kundert and the very last line of the article is as reads:

"Everton fans may take special interest in the performance of Sporting midfielder João Moutinho, heavily linked with a move to Goodison Park."

i found it kind of odd that the OS would include that in the article, but maybe its a sign of things to come? personally i thought we'd moved passed him. i know tons of you are gonna be annoyed that i've opened up this can of worms again, but i thought it was definitely relevant seeing as it's in an article on the OS that isn't What the Papers Say. link to the article is below

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/the-lowdown-on-sporting.html

was reading the article on the OS about the lowdown on sporting going into our tie with them on tuesday, and found an interesting tidbit at the bottom of the article. they were talking to journalist and sporting lisbon expert Tom Kundert and the very last line of the article is as reads:

"Everton fans may take special interest in the performance of Sporting midfielder João Moutinho, heavily linked with a move to Goodison Park."

i found it kind of odd that the OS would include that in the article, but maybe its a sign of things to come? personally i thought we'd moved passed him. i know tons of you are gonna be annoyed that i've opened up this can of worms again, but i thought it was definitely relevant seeing as it's in an article on the OS that isn't What the Papers Say. link to the article is below

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/the-lowdown-on-sporting.html

The Moutinho deal is definately back on !

I was just at John Lennon Airport and I saw him arriving with a large entourage of other Portugese blokes who were all dressed in green and white tracksuits, I am assuming they must have been his advisors/agents, must say there were quite a few of them, about 25 I think

:P

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Hahaha. I like the above posts boys, well done :D

I hope he has a stormer though and every other Lisbon player is shite :)

But he will not come to Everton, as much as I would like him to, he could have been the perfect replacement for Arteta (If he had have gone the other year)

• 2 weeks later...

Now that i've seen him first hand, does anyone else think he's inconsistant? He was shite at our place but immense at theirs. Ala Robhino??

If we had the money, i'd take Veloso anyday now. He was class, passing, movement, shooting, vision...he has everything you need. Plus he's a big guy, young and passionate, i'd personally spend the money on him. He can cover CM, CDM, LM, CB and LB...versatile? Moyes man!!

Now that i've seen him first hand, does anyone else think he's inconsistant? He was shite at our place but immense at theirs. Ala Robhino??

If we had the money, i'd take Veloso anyday now. He was class, passing, movement, shooting, vision...he has everything you need. Plus he's a big guy, young and passionate, i'd personally spend the money on him. He can cover CM, CDM, LM, CB and LB...versatile? Moyes man!!

I dont think its fair to call him inconsistant after watching him twice!

I agree though he was pretty anaonymous at Goodison but I saw enough of him in the second leg when he played through the middle to see what a talent he is. Obviously Veloso looked a good player but I dont think Moyse really needs to be looking for versatile players anymore as the squad is full of players who can fill several positions already.

Personally I wouldnt mind either of them but given the choice I would still go for Moutinho but the chances of us getting either are pretty slim

I dont think its fair to call him inconsistant after watching him twice!

I agree though he was pretty anaonymous at Goodison but I saw enough of him in the second leg when he played through the middle to see what a talent he is. Obviously Veloso looked a good player but I dont think Moyse really needs to be looking for versatile players anymore as the squad is full of players who can fill several positions already.

Personally I wouldnt mind either of them but given the choice I would still go for Moutinho but the chances of us getting either are pretty slim

Dunc, i can assure you i have seen him more than twice!! But in the flesh (at the games) i have seen him twice. What you see on TV is different to what you see in real life; i.e. what the players do off the ball, their movement and reactions to situations.

Others on here will know ive sung Moutinho's praises for a while now, but thats through TV viewing and not actualy as a spectator? So i was singing based on what i'd seen then, seeing him first hand made me think about what i saw before (of him) as a player. That was my concern.

IMO Veloso off the ball did as much as on it, over two legs and thats why i suggested him and said what i said.

Dunc, i can assure you i have seen him more than twice!! But in the flesh (at the games) i have seen him twice. What you see on TV is different to what you see in real life; i.e. what the players do off the ball, their movement and reactions to situations.

Others on here will know ive sung Moutinho's praises for a while now, but thats through TV viewing and not actualy as a spectator? So i was singing based on what i'd seen then, seeing him first hand made me think about what i saw before (of him) as a player. That was my concern.

IMO Veloso off the ball did as much as on it, over two legs and thats why i suggested him and said what i said.

I agree with you that you dont get the full picture watching a game on the box but that only backs up what I was saying.

You have only actually seen him twice he had one great game and one poor game so you cant really say he is inconsistant based on 2 games especially if you have rated him from the games you saw on the telly.

I also agree that Veloso looked a quality player I just thougtn the way that Moutinho dictated the game in the second leg made him the stand out performer for me. That was why Moyse resorted to sticking Ossie on him to man mark him

I agree with you that you dont get the full picture watching a game on the box but that only backs up what I was saying.

You have only actually seen him twice he had one great game and one poor game so you cant really say he is inconsistant based on 2 games especially if you have rated him from the games you saw on the telly.

I also agree that Veloso looked a quality player I just thougtn the way that Moutinho dictated the game in the second leg made him the stand out performer for me. That was why Moyse resorted to sticking Ossie on him to man mark him

Fair enough dude. I meant he seemed inconsistant in the two games, thats all.

I agree with the people who say get this thread closed until I saw this.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8696_6002040,00.html

can he really believe we have the money to get him. To be honest the only way I would like to see him come in is a straight affordable transfer but to be honest a CM of any type is not what we need right now. We have DM in felli with rodders hiets nev covering. We have creative in areta with piernar/rodders covering and we have attacking midfield in cahill and bily and piernar. Do we need anymore cover in CM.

IN addition we need a right or left winger with peanuts playing on the other side. If landon is that player then fair enough. Left back cover and a striker are priorities

I agree with the people who say get this thread closed until I saw this.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8696_6002040,00.html

can he really believe we have the money to get him. To be honest the only way I would like to see him come in is a straight affordable transfer but to be honest a CM of any type is not what we need right now. We have DM in felli with rodders hiets nev covering. We have creative in areta with piernar/rodders covering and we have attacking midfield in cahill and bily and piernar. Do we need anymore cover in CM.

IN addition we need a right or left winger with peanuts playing on the other side. If landon is that player then fair enough. Left back cover and a striker are priorities

Link doesnt work!