IGNORED

Freddy Adu

He was the next huge thing back then, but that was only what the media wanted him to be. He's still only 20 yrs right now. He is now starting to come into the form that we had all expected out of him. It's just taken longer than what the media had wanted.

He was the next huge thing back then, but that was only what the media wanted him to be. He's still only 20 yrs right now. He is now starting to come into the form that we had all expected out of him. It's just taken longer than what the media had wanted.

20? Try 25 yrs old....

He had alot of pressure on him as a kid, being named as the next wonder kid. Maybe if he gone to Utd of Chel, he'd be that wonderkid, instead he went to Benfica. going to the Dutch league is a big step backwards for him, the Dutch league is alot weaker then it was 10 years ago. The Championship is a better league now.

He had alot of pressure on him as a kid, being named as the next wonder kid. Maybe if he gone to Utd of Chel, he'd be that wonderkid, instead he went to Benfica. going to the Dutch league is a big step backwards for him, the Dutch league is alot weaker then it was 10 years ago. The Championship is a better league now.

Not to sound funny mate but your point contradicts itself if he was that good as a youngster he would have been signed by a bigger club simple as.

If he isnt good enough for the USA squad he isnt good enough for us

It's not that he's not good enough. He's probably our brightest spot in the midfield. He hasn't played much for Benfica so Bradley (being the idiot he is) won't ever give him a chance. Even during the Gold Cup Bradley only gave him one start. Adu should have played every game in the Gold Cup and come on at least once during the Confed. The reason he's not playing for the US is on Bradley's end...not because he hasn't got the skill.

To comment on Charlie Davies, I think only a couple of months since he left Allsvenskan and I doubt he's improved that much. He's got fantastic pace but little strength or "eye for goal" and weak ball skills.. I wouldn't take him for more than 1-1,5 mil.

Adu looked outstanding when 14-15 for the u18 squad but since have failed to really improve in my opinion, granted you don't see him much these days.