IGNORED

Tt Book Club

Anyone ever read a Labyrinth? A book that doesnt start & doesnt finish?

Can be a bit daunting 1st time..but eventually it clicks & you go arghhh I see the point of all this.

I found using a penicl to amrk where ahd been was handy.

A good read of this type but a while back was Sven Lindqvists "A History Of Bombing".

Basically it is what the title says. but is a

chronologically presented rather than in terms of relevance, so one could read the forward, jump straight in to chapter 216 , then back to chp 23 so on & so on.

By the way a riveting book as well & another that implicates us as much as the perceived bad guys, evils etc.

Also gives some insight ( though not aimed @) current world problem areas & provides telling reason whyw e are perceived as we are ins uch countries around the world.

Things like the initial bombing treaty where those that could wrote the rules to suit themsleves ( Usual suspects, US, USa etc) the fine print read that Civility was to be banned form any type of aerial bombing.

The loop hole? Well most of Africa & the Middle east were considered Barbarian & the perfect palce for us to practice.

Iraq was a very popular Bombing pad in the early parts of this century. Funny that.

Othe intereseting tid bits include Franco & his determenation ( before any treaty)

to wipe out cattalonia. In this instance the laws of the time stated that well, you couldnt basically bomb your own...hmmm what to do...I no we will pay the Germans to do it...SO they did.

This incident lead to one of it's local poor assed art studnet's by the name of Pablo to paint a piece that is unoiversally ehralded raltive to the suffering of the people.

The piece is known as "Guernica" & for many years it stood in the Ny museum of Mod Art...oh yeh & that Pablo Fellas surname was Picasso.

Bravo to all you learn-ed people, probs the last book i read was Tom Browns Schooldays, way back in my own schooldays. Dont get time to sit around reading, theres so much going on in the outside world, and with your head stuck in a book your missing it all.............get out and enjoy your life, you only get the one.

By the way a riveting book as well & another that implicates us as much as the perceived bad guys, evils etc.

Also gives some insight ( though not aimed @) current world problem areas & provides telling reason whyw e are perceived as we are ins uch countries around the world.

Steady Pat...I hope you're not suggesting we should actually give some thought as to why the "evil doers" do evil!? That's a fairly extremist view...better to just kill them all, it's a big job given that for every one you kill another two sign up but hey...image is everything.

(Oh oh :unsure: getting political..better shut up)

Im not going their mike, not sure if youre being fesicous or we simply have way differing views of the world.

1 mans Revolutionary is another man's Terrorist whilst another mans extremism is anothers moderation.......... :D:D:D

Im not going their mike, not sure if youre being fesicous or we simply have way differing views of the world.

1 mans Revolutionary is another man's Terrorist  whilst another mans extremism is anothers moderation.......... :D   :D   :D

I agree with you entirely Pat, think we have very similar views from what I can see...I was being heavily ironic. Damn I keep being misunderstood :) .

Edited by mikeo

Bravo to all you learn-ed people, probs the last book i read was Tom Browns Schooldays, way back in my own schooldays.  Dont get time to sit around reading, theres so much going on in the outside world,  and with your head stuck in a book your missing it all.............get out and enjoy your life, you only get the one.

Funny you should mention that mate, I read it in a book called "Don't sit around reading books when you could be out enjoying the outside world", didn't rate it much.

I have a new obsession "MY NEW SHED", it is the bee's knee's - photo to follow.

ATB

Mac

Have this weird visualisation of Tara, Mac & Shed sat in marriage Counseling together.

With of course the councellor asking Tara..So Whats the Problem? with Mac & Shed gazing in to each others eyes looking bemused............ :P:P:P

Shed is now looking good, I have carpeted it, Tara painted it (muttering a little too much for my liking).

As for the councilling Pat, sheds have needs, wants and desires too, we could hold the sessions inside the shed.

ATB

Mac

Listen Mac..done a bit of counselling in my time...trained a year at Bridgwater College and then Bristol Uni and I'm available at extremely competitive rates. Can I suggest Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It's a common approach used by counsellors and other professional psychologists to help ease emotional distress by recognising and treating the underlying psychological problems. It's proven to be an effective method of treatment for a variety of problems, including anxiety disorders, depression disorders, stress, anger, coping with loss and shed envy. It is possible for the therapy to take place on a one-to-one basis, with family members or even as a group depending on the issue, the size of the shed, and how the individual feels most comfortable.

And remember Tara...A shed is for life, not just for Christmas.. B)

Edited by mikeo

Listen Mac..done a bit of counselling in my time...trained a year at Bridgwater College and then Bristol Uni and I'm available at extremely competitive rates. Can I suggest Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It's a common approach used by counsellors and other professional psychologists to help ease emotional distress by recognising and treating the underlying psychological problems. It's proven to be an effective method of treatment for a variety of problems, including anxiety disorders, depression disorders, stress, anger, coping with loss and shed envy. It is possible for the therapy to take place on a one-to-one basis, with family members or even as a group depending on the issue, the size of the shed, and how the individual feels most comfortable.

And remember Tara...A shed is for life, not just for Christmas.. B)

Ive just done cognitive behaviour therapy in psychology

Speaking of CBT, I am shortly due to go to a very nice place in Scotland for a week, in order to deal with my PTSD and various other problems involved with the 1st Gulf War.

I am going to place for bomb happy nutters and am not looking forward to it at all.

11th to the 18th of June, Tara may need some kind words this is a big thing for us, hope you can all help.

ATB

Mac

Don't know a whole lot about PTSD Mac but I hope you get what you want/need from the week. This sort of thing can be very helpful in my experience, but not always easy. Ooh the stories I could tell, I'll send you a first edition of my book when it comes out. Any small thing that we can do to help Tara I'm sure we will.

Afterthought...if it's a nice place check out the availability for the end of next season so that we could have a retreat for traumatised TTers if the blues have another roller-coaster year :lol:

Don't know a whole lot about PTSD Mac but I hope you get what you want/need from the week. This sort of thing can be very helpful in my experience, but not always easy. Ooh the stories I could tell, I'll send you a first edition of my book when it comes out. Any small thing that we can do to help Tara I'm sure we will.

Afterthought...if it's a nice place check out the availability for the end of next season so that we could have a retreat for traumatised TTers if the blues have another roller-coaster year :lol:

:lol: i think most of us would sign up if weve spent £8.6million on a striker and still do shit