IGNORED

Chelsea Banned From Signing Players For A Year

. . . :o

Looks like Fifa are determined to get the ball rolling on clubs with underhand practises in the transfer market.

I reckon this could be the beginning of stamping down on other things like tapping up youngsters, i.e. Cesc Fabregas.

Now is the time for Moysie to get his complaint in about City..........

Edited by DangerMouse

I'm as surprised at this story as I am the UEFA banning Eduardo one.

It would seem the footballing authorities are finally showing some balls, a pleasure to behold for all of us that love the beautiful game and believe still in the spirit of fair play.

It's such a shame that none of it will hold when the 'big boys' decide to put their foot (or feet?) down.

I rather think the defence arguments will involve hundreds of examples of identical 'crimes' being unpunished and FIFA, UEFA and the worldwide football associations realising this is now a part of the game and sadly cannot and will not be changed without the assistance of the club bosses and the players realising the importance of their own integrity to the fans.

When the clubs start to stamp down on the issues, it will be irradicated. Regardless of what FIFA and UEFA think and do.

I'm as surprised at this story as I am the UEFA banning Eduardo one.

It would seem the footballing authorities are finally showing some balls, a pleasure to behold for all of us that love the beautiful game and believe still in the spirit of fair play.

It's such a shame that none of it will hold when the 'big boys' decide to put their foot (or feet?) down.

I rather think the defence arguments will involve hundreds of examples of identical 'crimes' being unpunished and FIFA, UEFA and the worldwide football associations realising this is now a part of the game and sadly cannot and will not be changed without the assistance of the club bosses and the players realising the importance of their own integrity to the fans.

When the clubs start to stamp down on the issues, it will be irradicated. Regardless of what FIFA and UEFA think and do.

I've just seen on Goal.com that they are looking to appeal and I think you are right in suggesting they probably will use unpunished crimes as a defence. However if they fail in their appeal, I think it will hit them really hard and set a very dangerous precedence for the future.

I've just seen on Goal.com that they are looking to appeal and I think you are right in suggesting they probably will use unpunished crimes as a defence. However if they fail in their appeal, I think it will hit them really hard and set a very dangerous precedence for the future.

The appeal will, I think, will be won and the penalty reduced to a nominal fine that would be almost irrelevant to the Chelsea Tea lady, never mind Abramovich.

FIFA will believe they've saved face. Chelsea will giggle to themslves. Lens will realise they wasted a fortune they probably haven't got on laywers. The laywers will giggle to themslves. Man Shitty, manure, Real Madrid, Arsenal and others will carry on almost exactly as before, giggling to themselves.

Cynical I hear you say?

Anyone care to bet against it?

Edited by nobbyblue

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8236187.stm

If this decision sticks and other clubs are brought into disrepute (Man City/Real Madrid) then this will make the next couple of transfer windows within reach for clubs with smaller budgets.

Different cases.

There's nothing to prevent media arassment, or tapping players. This was a breach of contract on the kid's part.

And another thing, this happened in 2007. It's doubtful anything as recent as this year will be resolved that quickly.

Identical crimes beeing unpunished only matter if they were reported to FIFA and dismissed. Otherwise, if the clubs didn't complain, it's not FIFA's fault.

Like I said, unpunished crimes only have effect if a complaint was made. And another thing, if they use that claim, what stops FIFA from simply saying "Yes, things happened in the past, but they're not gonna happen anymore".

FIFA want the precendent set, they want it there, so that everyone knows that from now on, you'll get punished for things like this.

Could go a long way to making Chelsea stronger!

Adversity.....(The world is against us) may force them to close ranks and show the football world it's maybe not about how much they were going to spend, but about the players that are there now.They have potentialy the best squad at the moment, they can afford to keep them, and maybe they will be forced to bring a youngster through, that could spur them on, players through the ranks sometimes bring out the best in a team.

Remember Leeds the other year, they were deducted points and for a while know one could live with them, they were winning every game until they ran out of momentum.

It could just spur Chelsea on, I can certainly see them winning it this year.

Been too busy today to check on footballing stories and just read this one on various websites...shocked! Now I thought fines etc would be used but UEFA are trying to hit Chelsea hard on this one.

FIFA, not UEFA.

Could go a long way to making Chelsea stronger!

Adversity.....(The world is against us) may force them to close ranks and show the football world it's maybe not about how much they were going to spend, but about the players that are there now.They have potentialy the best squad at the moment, they can afford to keep them, and maybe they will be forced to bring a youngster through, that could spur them on, players through the ranks sometimes bring out the best in a team.

Remember Leeds the other year, they were deducted points and for a while know one could live with them, they were winning every game until they ran out of momentum.

It could just spur Chelsea on, I can certainly see them winning it this year.

That's a good point. But remember, it's 2 transfer seasons. This winter and next summer. Any injured players will have to be replaced from the squad, anyone performing bellow normal will be the same. The tweaking managers do in winter, chelsea won't have, and next season, they'll have to go with the same roster, and come 2011 winter market, we all know clubs don't happily let important players go, so it could ruin their 2010/2011 season, and if anything happens this season, they won't be able to correct it.

Add to that, a lot of their players are reaching the end of their careers, there's a lot of players over 30, Carvalho, Lampard, Drogba, Anelka, Ballack, Deco, plus a few getting closer, like Terry and Cole. Soon it's gonna be time to replace them, and if in fact they can only count on the 2011 summer transfer, that's almost 2 years from now, and potentially a lot of people to replace.

Good I'm glad this happened. They spend far to much money anyways they could go a transfer window or 2 without getting anyone new. I just really hope this doesn't get over turned .

Maybe one day there will be a limit to how much you can spend during a season or maybe for a player. Who knows

From your keyboard to UEFA/FIFA's screens...

Altough I'd be plenty happy if the 6+5 rule came into effect.