IGNORED

Fulham (Away)

Finn balor

:unsure:

NOOOOOOO! He may be able to tackle but he has no clue whatsoever about positioning and that's a key attribute of a defensive midfielder.

I hear what your saying Mark but Rodwell is better equiped to play further up the field.

As for Hibberts positioning he does'nt need any, he just has to follow the ball across the field and put the tackles in before it gets to our central defenders.

But i did say it was a desperate measure. :)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Rodwell in our side, we don't need to look any further than him (but he is the only one left tbh).

I thought Rodwell was totally anonymous at the weekend against a very limited Fulham side. He's got to do a lot better than that before he can be seen as the answer in our midfield. We had two defensive midfielders in front of our back four and we still looked dodgy at the back. Distin lost some headers he was easily favourite to win as well, the second goal he should have won the ball in the air and then awful defending from Baines (who has started the season quite slowly imo) who should never have shown Duff onto his favoured left foot and directly in on goal, basic stuff really. We need to compete again, the second half we didn't look interested until we went 2-1 down.

I thought Rodwell was totally anonymous at the weekend against a very limited Fulham side. He's got to do a lot better than that before he can be seen as the answer in our midfield. We had two defensive midfielders in front of our back four and we still looked dodgy at the back. Distin lost some headers he was easily favourite to win as well, the second goal he should have won the ball in the air and then awful defending from Baines (who has started the season quite slowly imo) who should never have shown Duff onto his favoured left foot and directly in on goal, basic stuff really. We need to compete again, the second half we didn't look interested until we went 2-1 down.

I think you are spot on , I was very dissapointed in Rodders especially at the weekend

Abit harsh, especially when the ball largely was hoovering aimlessly over his head. Besides, we shouldn't be placing so much on the kid at his age.

if that was the case its good that he does'nt wear a wig.:D

but i agree with you, most of the time it was was hoofed over his head.

Still think he is better playing further up, with the goals against sigma a good example, nobody else can shoot from more than 5 yards out. ;)