IGNORED

Fulham (Away)

Finn balor

What the fuck was that second half about? They were fucking wank! Theyve got a young goalie playing which we never tested and possibly the worst player in the prem ive ever seen in Pantsil but did we test them? We should have brought Bily on for Neville and played Pioneer in the middle where he would have had a field day! Fuckin spineless! Nobody in midfield to put their foot on the ball and dictate!!!!!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

championship here we come.

Lol what odds will you give me that we stay up?

We have probably already blown any chance of qualifying for Europe through our league position( but I knew that by the end of July anyway!) but we will not be going down!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

we were poor second half and Fulham fully deserved something out of the game for their second half performance.

I was suprised with Fellaini coming on for Jo. I'd have thought maybe Neville off for Fellaini for a more attacking but not reckless move and Yak for Jo.

No one I could comment majorly possitively on, Distin, first time i've seen him play, thought he was good enough. Piennar was also his usual self, gets stuck in there attacking as ever. Jo was ok but still did nothing special.

A bit worrying how average we were considering Blackburn who i'd previously considered as easy beats suddenly found form yesterday. let's hope we can come out pick up some goals

Lol what odds will you give me that we stay up?

We have probably already blown any chance of qualifying for Europe through our league position( but I knew that by the end of July anyway!) but we will not be going down!

We do he same every season , start bad.

what makes me laugh is how you guys are getting so upset, we always get beat at Fulham, we shouldn't but we do, they always get a lucky like they did today, We never win there, they never win at our place.They never win in Merseyside. Seems odd but that the way it goes.

We desperately need some playmaking in the middle of the field to bring some attack. Arteta can't come back soon enough. Pienaar has done what he can, but no one else is really doing anything. Why can't Moyes play Bily?

You can have all the playmaking in the world but Jo is crap! Looks like a lanky retard playing his first ever game.

We do he same every season , start bad.

what makes me laugh is how you guys are getting so upset, we always get beat at Fulham, we shouldn't but we do, they always get a lucky like they did today, We never win there, they never win at our place.They never win in Merseyside. Seems odd but that the way it goes.

That makes it all better then :rolleyes: .

We do tend to start slow. Check points through 4 games though, this is our worst start ever...yes EVER.

Well actually 04/05 was worse...we had three points but had lost three Euro games. We followed that up by losing the next five league games and going out of the Carling Cup at home to 'Boro.

You can have all the playmaking in the world but Jo is crap! Looks like a lanky retard playing his first ever game.

That is totally out of order, and just shows (I do apologise, but this has to be said) how stupid you are being! Jo isn't Pele, but even Pele wouldn't score with the style of footie Moyes employs. Jo, Beattie, and Yakubu strengths are balls to feet and quality crosses into the danger areas. Cahill, Big Dunc, and Bent strengths are the long ball game hence why all were suited to Moyes 'anti' football. Any idiot (well obviously not) can see last season when Jo was given decent service, he scored. He will never score with aimless moon balls to him, sorry to his general direction as there so poor the balls it's doesn't even get to his head! Which makes Heitinga playing in the middle even more strange!

I really don't think Moyes knows our best 11?

Correct, he hasn't got a clue! His mind blanks out at the thought of dropping his beloved Hibbert and Osman, add Neville to that also. Moyes ethos of hard work over skill is rubbish!

Moyes has been an outstanding manager and I'm sure he will get it right again. But he is definitely too cautious in his tactical approach, especially with the squad he now has and when we are playing against inferior opposition. I think he wants us to play a more positive game this season and time will tell - but that is the next stage in the progress of this team. We know we are well organised and now we need to be able to dictate the pace of games against weaker teams.

He has signed Bilyaletdinov and Heitinga to give us more options and with Yakubu coming back to fitness all three will be integrated into the team over the next few weeks. Ultimately we have to change from a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2 if we are going to make progress from the type of team we were last season to have any chance of competing at the next level up. But our problem is that we don't have a strong enough centre midfield yet when we play the big boys, so 4-5-1 is likely to be our preferred option in those games.

But if we do go to 4-4-2 with any two of Yakubu/Saha/Jo up front what do we do in midfield? Cahill is a very average player but how do you leave out a goalscoring midfielder? If you drop him your front two have got to deliver the goods. Rodwell looks like he could take over from Neville in the defensive midfielder role but Moyes won't overplay him and Neville's leadership qualities are hard to replace. Fellaini doesn't look good enough, will Billy step up to the plate and will he play in centre mid or on the left, with Pienaar moving out to the right in place of Osman?

At the back where will Heitinga play? He's small of stature so right back looks the obvious slot so Hibbert drops to the bench. I don't like the look of Yobo and Distin and I think we are still vulnerable there, so can't rule out Heitinga playing at centre half either.

In summary, I think Moyes knows what he is trying to achieve but is too cautious about moving from his tried and tested methods to one which is less certain but could help us compete with the top 4 within the next couple of seasons. Games like yesterday showed that we haven't got the personnel to just sit back on a lead and soak up pressure, we have to take control of those type of games and finish teams off.

Fortune favours the brave Mr.Moyes, it's time to be bold.

Just checked - he's actually 5' 11" apparently. Next to Distin and Bilyaletdinov in the photo when they signed he looked very small!! Also stood next to Moyes yesterday when he was coming on as sub.

If he can jump like Cahill he may be ok at centre half then!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/new-signings-unveiled.html

Edited by Wirral Wizard

Captain Ferguson 10, are you in fact a red supporter. ? I'm baffled as to how negative one person can be, the Board, the Manager, the Players, nothing escapes your critism and if you have ever said anything positive i must have missed it.

Have you ever been to Goodison to see a match,? did the catering staff put enough sugar in your coffee. ??

For the life of me i cant see how you could possibly be an Evertonian.

Heitinga will probably be selected now Nev is out, hibbert will stay right back

Billy should have come on for Nev, let rodwell sit back a bit more defensively.

We just didnt have any ideas to get passed fulham in the second half.

I'd much rather he drop Hibbert and put Heitinga at right back and bring a midfielder in to replace Neville in the middle of the park. The game seemed far too fast for Heitinga in midfield, so it'd be better for him to bed in and get used to the pace of the Premiership at RB before making that move to midfield, if at all.

Interesting thinking there Bill. Think it might work, especially since the likes of Rodwell could impose himself further up the pitch and then possibly pull the full-backs up with him.

Edit: Of course, this would be a short term measure, as you intimated with the desperate times line eh?

Edited by Calico

Dont suppose we could have Heitanga at fullback and Hibbert patrolling in front of the back 4 doing the Carsley/Neville job, its not as ridiculous as it sounds cos Hibbert is probably the best tackler we've got at the club.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures. ;)

:unsure:

NOOOOOOO! He may be able to tackle but he has no clue whatsoever about positioning and that's a key attribute of a defensive midfielder.