IGNORED

Southgate Sacked

Inevitable and long overdue.

The only thing that surprised me was him getting the job in the first place....was never going to be (and never will be) a successful manager imo.

Most probably true. It's a shame really as he seems a nice enough bloke and always comes accross well in interviews, an honest manager. Unfortunatly he seems to have little tactical awareness and I can't see him gaining it, still though he is ten times the manager that Roy Keane is.

Most probably true. It's a shame really as he seems a nice enough bloke and always comes accross well in interviews, an honest manager. Unfortunatly he seems to have little tactical awareness and I can't see him gaining it, still though he is ten times the manager that Roy Keane is.

Would have put money on Keane going before Southgate!

Me too actually.

Boro- 4th in League after being stripped off assets and investing little. Strong promotion candidates. 1 point from top of league.

Ipswich- Relegation candidates, no win this year, invested heavily. Bottom of league.

Yes but!.....Put yourself in the shoes of the chairman doing the sacking!...In the privacy of your own office, with only one door in or out, two stories up and no one else around at the time.Would you rather sack mild mannered softly spoken Southgate....or an unshaven, wide eyed, Roy 'nutter' Keane.......When Keane get's sacked it will be in a room full of people, and loads of exits.

Southgate will be back in a job within a couple of months.

apparently gibson was saying he wasnt too happy with the recent performances and the decision was made before the game last night...to be honest im surprised it hasnt happened earlier! dads side of my family apart from my dad are all boro fans being from there and they wernt happy at all him still being there beginning of this season