Lionel Messi (Argentina), Barcelona

Carles Puyol (Spain), Barcelona

Franck Ribery (France), Bayern Munich

Wayne Rooney (England), Manchester United

John Terry (England), Chelsea

Fernando Torres (Spain), Liverpool

David Villa (Spain), Valencia

Xavi (Spain), Barcelona

Barca have 6 players!!! 6!!! Dont understand how Ballack is in there to be honest, but anyway, what are your thoughts? anyone missing?

I do agree with people when they say there's not much thought put into the nominations and that it's almost the same every year, but think about it, there's never going to be a massive difference every year. If we had a massive turnover every year it would seem football would be becoming a joke in terms of who the world's top players are; there's never going to be 23 new players starting to set the world on fire every year. These players who have been nominated (except maybe a select few) have done enough to deserve to be there - Messi will no doubt win the award, second and third I'd say will be contested between Iniesta, Xavi, Gerrard, Torres and Ronaldo.

One thing I was surprised about was I thought Fabregas might have made the cut, but then again he was out for something like 4 months earlier on in the year.

I do agree with people when they say there's not much thought put into the nominations and that it's almost the same every year, but think about it, there's never going to be a massive difference every year. If we had a massive turnover every year it would seem football would be becoming a joke in terms of who the world's top players are; there's never going to be 23 new players starting to set the world on fire every year. These players who have been nominated (except maybe a select few) have done enough to deserve to be there - Messi will no doubt win the award, second and third I'd say will be contested between Iniesta, Xavi, Gerrard, Torres and Ronaldo.

One thing I was surprised about was I thought Fabregas might have made the cut, but then again he was out for something like 4 months earlier on in the year.

no kaka? good mention about iniesta the guy is class and will be the best around in a couple years in the middle of the pitch! no wonder arteta wont get in spanish team with midfielders like him around eh :blink: