IGNORED

Paul Scharner

I've personally never thought much of him, but the way things are looking now we could use another central defender. Both Yobo and Distin have failed to impress me greatly this season, and whilst Scharner isn't much of an improvement I'd say Moyes would be interested as he is quite a versetile player and probably could do a better job at the back then both of our current CBs (and he'll be quite cheap too, just our type of price range)

Ideally though, if we were to get rid of either Yobo or Distin if their poor form continues, and we wanted a really solid partner for when Jags comes back, I'd be looking at somebody like Ryan Shawcross or Steven Taylor (but then again we have no money)... Maybe perhaps in the future when we have all of our players back, a centre back partnership of Jagielka and Heitinga would be pretty good I'd imagine.

romey hes deffo not garbage as i said hes a squad player midfield/defender...so come on tell me who we can buy for that money proven prem experience someone you would call a top player.

He's garbage in my opinion, squad player or not. Alan Smith is proven in the Premiership too, would you want him? He's another player I wouldn't touch. Titus Bramble has Premiership experience, do you want him? Just because a player has played in the Premiership doesn't make them a good player to sign. Lets not waste any more money like we did with Distin eh?

It's Yobo's fault that Distin has the reaction time of a dead animal? He is so shit at sensing danger it's ridiculous. I don't like Yobo but give him a break. I wouldn't play either one of them alongside Jags because I'd prefer Distin to be fucked off and Yobo only used as cover.

I like the look of N'Zonzi at Blackburn tbh, a much better player than Scharner and younger too.

come back with the player your going to buy for 3 million that was the question...in your opinion..as for distan hes not the problem we all know its yobo when jags comes back he and distan will be ok yobo is to error prone...the problem is its probably to early for our reserve defenders...i think duffy will come good but at present i think hes just too young and inexperienced.

I say put Stubbsy back on the books as a player!

I dont think there are any quality players out there that are the type of player we need (strong, quick, commanding)for that price tag. I dont think Scharner would be bought for 3mil tbh, he plays everywhere for Wigan and I cant imagine they would let him go that easily unless he was near the end of his contract.

Senderos would be about as good as you get for 4/5mil and hes crap. It would suprise me if Moyes looks at Wes Brown, I dont rate him and he doesnt fit the bill but Moyes loves the ex-mancs.

For 5ish mil you might be able to get Wheater, but again he aint great and I cant think of anyone in the English leagues thats good and cheap. Plus if he is cheap then it suggests something is wrong (Romey will point at Distin here, although he wasnt that cheap either!) Shawcross is good, as is Bolton's Cahill but they would be too much. Im not sure about Taylor, he might look good in the Championship but he always made mistakes in the Prem.

I dont really watch the foreign leagues that often anymore so Im not sure if any decent players are knocking about, but there will be one somewhere hopefully a Kolo Toure who was bought for 150k or something silly like that!

Edited by Bailey

Would much rather have Scott Parker, with him Neville and Heitanga to choose from in midfield

Nobody would get near our back four, thats where we are slipping up.

Lee Cattermole is another i would have, both would be paid for by the sale of Fellaini or Yakubu.

why should we be looking to buy another squad defender? We already have Distin and Yobo for that. Once Jags is back, we need to get in the market to find a top class CB. I know we haven't got the money, but with Moyes' eye for championship gems, there is no reason we have to pay more than about 5 million. May as well try and get Naughton (or someone of equal talent/age) from Spurs(or another club with an excess of defenders) on a *free* loan, god knows he won't get any playing time at WHL.

18 million your havn a laugh arnt you hes ok and thats all hes not worth any more than 6/8 million hes a limited grafter...we need a playmaker and a striker...jo and yakubu arnt doing it.

i didnt say he was worth 18m, i said you wouldnt get him for less than that.

Sunderland have a wealthy backer, so dont need the money, and he is their best player.

so why would they sell him for little money? they paid £6m and he has been brilliant for them.

Think you would get both Scott Parker and Lee Cattermole for £18 mill. ;)

probably get parker for 6-8m, cant see him looking to move unless west ham go down. his last two moves were terrible and now hes settled hes playing well again.

Edited by StevO

He's garbage in my opinion, squad player or not. Alan Smith is proven in the Premiership too, would you want him? He's another player I wouldn't touch. Titus Bramble has Premiership experience, do you want him? Just because a player has played in the Premiership doesn't make them a good player to sign. Lets not waste any more money like we did with Distin eh?

yes :)

Plus if he is cheap then it suggests something is wrong (Romey will point at Distin here, although he wasnt that cheap either!)

I wouldn't actually tbh mate. I thought we overpaid for him - 31 and with a year left on his contract - we were robbed.

I meant that you would suggest that something is wrong with him and as I said he wasnt exactly cheap either.

We certainly dont need another back up CB (well maybe for the Spurs game!). If we are going to buy anyone back there then they have to be a starting 11 player (when everyone is fit). Distin was bought as a quick replacement, at what I would say is a fair price. We needed players quickly and he fitted the bill. Anyone else that we could have got in with premiership experience would have cost more, and probably wouldnt have been much better in all honesty. We got screwed over by Man City, Lescott and the board and we didnt have much time to do anything, especially with other clubs sniffing around the players. Having said that Im not sure Dunne or Collins were that much more and they signed close to deadline day.

Edited by Bailey