IGNORED

Carlisle (Home)

Romey 1878

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about getting through at this stage (any stage come to that). Cliché for sure but it was Carlisle's final today....can be very difficult to break teams down under those circumstances.

The crowd should give Carlisle a big round of applauds as they have made a very good match of it.

Quite right. Remember doing the same when a team of Southall, McDonald, Hinchcliffe, Ratcliffe, Watson, McCall, Nevin, Cottee, Sharp, Sheedy and Ebbrell took an age to break down Woking. Only finished 1-0.

And thanks for that Jim ;) .

Thanks for the commentary Jim, nice to hear a bit of what was actually happening in the match. Gamecast can only do so much.

Glad to have won this one, even if we were outplayed. We come away from this match and into the second half of the season with quite a few things going our way...

Coleman has proved his worth and should be sharing starting duties with Tony.

Pienaar is back and even when he doesn't have great games he seems to inspire the others (Namely Felli).

Fellaini is becoming a force in the midfield (hopefully Bily will do the same!)

Timmy scored again.

Vaughn is healthy and doesn't appear to have lost his touch; 2 goals in 2 games!!!

Neville is back and looks to be willing to lash into the back 4. Perhaps he'll whip them into shape.

pienarr was gutted he didnt take the pen because i asked him before the game if he could bag me a couple as he was in my dream team! i did get a good laugh out of him!

My misses summed it up for me, we got there at 10.30 this morning, and saw all the players arriving etc and most of them looked and sounded like they couldnt bother!

Jimmy V was my man of the match by a mile. the rest of the starting line up (bar howard) were terrible and proned to mistakes today. thye took it for granted they were going to win and the score line flattered us greatly.

Seamus colman really is the mustard. He looked so dangerous when he came on and scrared them by running at them!!!!

That was a very uninspiring performance from the lads yesterday. They lacked ideas from start to finish; they'd get the ball then pass backwards, pass sideways, HOOF! But this, IMO, is down to our complete lack of any movement off the ball and I don't even know why it keeps surprising me because it happens every week and it's grating on me big time. Our CB's, or Mo and Phil when dropping deep to receive the ball, would get the ball and look up to see every player infront of them trotting AWAY from them so they were left with the only option of hoof. But the ball just came right back at us because Vaughan had no support upfront with Cahill not putting in a shift. Our defence looked rocky but I put that down to the ineptitude of both full-backs rather than our CB's, they were both shocking yesterday so Heitinga and Neill had to deal with a lot more than they should have needed to.

Vaughan and Fellaini were the only stand-outs for me. Vaughan ran his arse off all day, won header after header, harried their defence and GK all day, and took his goal superbly. He was my MOTM. Fellaini pushed him close though. He had another brilliant game IMO. He gave the ball away a couple of times but he more than made up for those errors. I was convinced he was going to be sent off after that ridiculous yellow card but he showed really good discipline (something we're not used to seeing from him!) and didn't put stupid challenges in but still managed to do his job effectively.

Once again, the ref was shit and must have been on another planet because of the decisions he made.

Howard - Brilliant save from him to push that shot onto the bar at 1-1!

Hibbert - He must look amazing in training.

Neill - A fairly solid performance, although a little slow to react to things at times.

Heitinga - Nothing special but did his job well.

Baines - WTF is wrong with this boy? He was absolutely shite yesterday, more so defensively than anything. He gave their wide man acres of space all afternoon. I hope Moyes tells him to stay away from the corners soon too.

Bily - Earth calling to Bily, you were involved in a football game yesterday, did you know?! Apart from his little knock down he was nowhere to be found.

Neville - I liked the way him applying pressure to their player provided us with the opening for our first goal but I don't think playing the mightly Carlisle called for us to play with not one, but two defensive midfielders :blink:.

Fellaini - He had another brilliant game IMO. He gave the ball away a couple of times but he more than made up for those errors. I was convinced he was going to be sent off after that ridiculous yellow card but he showed really good discipline (something we're not used to seeing from him!) and didn't put stupid challenges in but still managed to do his job effectively. I hope he keeps his recent run of performances up against Arsenal because we're going to need it.

Pienaar - As usual his work rate was immense but his actual performance was poor IMO.

Cahill - I'm glad he popped up with a goal but he looked like he couldn't be arsed being out there.

Vaughan - Vaughan ran his arse off all day, won header after header, harried their defence and GK all day, and took his goal superbly. He was my MOTM.