IGNORED

Carlisle (Home)

Romey 1878

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a strong team but also use it as an opp to give a couple a run-out e.g. nev, vaughan, donovan (if available).

I'd be happy with...

...............Howard..............

Coleman...Heitinga...Neill...Baines

Osman...Fellaini...Neville...Billy

.........Vaughan...Donovan........

I wouldn't risk cahill anyway, give pienaars knee a rest and let seamus have a run-out. I think howard, heit and neill need games together to build their communication and billy needs a good game!

i agree with that team but don't think he will rest piennar.

I also don't see Donovan starting, bench if he's ready I'd say and Yak will start (unless he's left already for Africa)

Would be nice to see Vaughan start, not sure if that will happen or not.

Hopefully with this lesser opposition Bily can help the team play the football that he wants us to be playing!

Id like to see Donovan start and preferably behind the striker or out wide and rest Billy and Pienaar.

My team would look something like this:

Howard

Coleman Neill Heitinga Baines

Neville Felli

Osman Baxter

Donovan

Vaughan

Therefore its a fairly strong starting line-up with a couple of youngsters in there to keep a couple of the others fresh. If Donovan doesn't start then Id like to see Billy start as the attacking midfielder. Id also have Duffy on the bench and if Distin is fit then maybe play him alongside Heitinga and see what happens?

Just to be different and 4-0 with Vaughan getting a hat-trick and Heitinga getting his first for the club :D

The odds on vaughan getting a hatrick if he starts would be massive, worth a pound? haha

I would go with C1982'S lineup. Think thats a nice blend and resting players also. This game shouldnt be taken lightly, its a cup comp, we again need a good run in, and as previously stated, no repeat of oldham, god that was a horrible game! My mate bought me a ticket for this, out of the blue, as i was going to miss it, but going now, so i want a good perfomance from our lads

A scrappy game that will go the same way as it did last season with Macclesfield. The lower league side will go out all guns blazing and we'll have to be switched on to overcome this, I think that we will after all we are far better than our opposition. I see us winning this game either 1 or 2-0.

Baxter to score the first.

Possibly a second coming from Vaughan/Billy

~I've been to a few Carlisle games home and away in the last few seasons with having a mate in work who supports them (and in turn he's been to Goodison a few times with me including the Dan Gosling derby last season). I don't think they're capable of causing an upset but this is the FA cup and as I'm supposed to be out with 6 of them after the game I'd settle for a scrappy 1 0 win (otherwise I'll be going home ill straight after the match).

Beware of history..........I remember smugly thinking we were going to take these to the cleaners when 2 - 0 last time they came to GP, we lost. I would field Coleman and Duffy along with Agard and Vaughan resting Saha, Pip needs games so he should start and tbh Bily needs an easier match..............that said we will also need a very strong bench.....just in case, complacency is a terrible thing

Gettin a bit worried now. Gonna be Vaughan up front on his own by the look of it which I don't think suits him. Their centre halfs are big and good in the air but slow so his pace may suit but we need a target man. Hopefully Tim will be fit to start.

Gettin a bit worried now. Gonna be Vaughan up front on his own by the look of it which I don't think suits him. Their centre halfs are big and good in the air but slow so his pace may suit but we need a target man. Hopefully Tim will be fit to start.

I actually think Vaughan would do alright up top on his own. Hes quick and strong and his movement is pretty decent. As long as someone can get up close to him sharpish so he doesnt have to hold on to the ball for too long then I think he could do a good job.

Plus I also wouldnt want to risk Cahill. He has been under performing and a rest would probably do him some good. Having said that Im not too sure who I would play alongside Vaughan as Felli is doing a good job playing more defensively.

All I want is to see a bit of Donovan and Vaughan and obviously a win. 3-0, a Donovan, Osman, Pienaar

Donovan's not in the aquad...

Howard, Nash, Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Vaughan, Cahill, Neville, Pienaar, Osman, Neill, Fellaini, Rodwell, Coleman, Duffy, Agard, Baxter, Akpan, Mustafi.

Donovan's not in the aquad...

Howard, Nash, Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Vaughan, Cahill, Neville, Pienaar, Osman, Neill, Fellaini, Rodwell, Coleman, Duffy, Agard, Baxter, Akpan, Mustafi.

.....................Howard...................

..Coleman.....Heitenga....Neill.......Baines..

.............Fellaini......Rodwell............

......Pienaar.........................Billy...

................Vaughan...Baxter..............

I would like to see something like this ^ I think it would be unfair on the supporters charging full price and then to play all reserves.

I would like to see something like this ^ I think it would be unfair on the supporters charging full price and then to play all reserves.

I like the look of that line up, i second it.

Is this game on tv? Doesnt look like it. BBC is streaming audio, but not to the U.S.

Any ideas?

Yeh I cant really fault that team! Maybe Osman on a wing if he wants to rest Billy or Pienaar, and maybe Duffy on at H/T if we get a few goals up (wishful thinking I know!).

Everton Side to Face Carlisle United:

Howard,

Hibbert, Baines, Neill, Heitinga,

Billy, Neville, Pienaar, Felli

Cahill, Vaughan.

SUBS: Nash, Coleman, Duffy, Forshaw, Agard, Baxter, Mustafi.

Im very surprised Coleman isnt starting and Im also fairly surprised Cahill is. It is great to see Vaughan leading the line and I hope he does well.

COYB!