IGNORED

50 Best Players.

ESPN made a list of the fifty best players in the world .. I generally agree with it apart from some obvious mistakes (rankings of Essien, Xavi, Luis Fabiano, ...) .. Check out who's number 50 :), a bit ridiculous to see him on that list.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/page/worldcup101-03012010/ce/us/best-players-2010-world-cup?cc=5739&ver=global .

i thought david villa should be a bit higher perhaps higher than gerrard but cant argue with much else above him! robben in there....i dunno i have never really rated him myself seems quick and decent feet but couldnt handle it over here! also think de rossi should be higher too!

ESPN made a list of the fifty best players in the world .. I generally agree with it apart from some obvious mistakes (rankings of Essien, Xavi, Luis Fabiano, ...) .. Check out who's number 50 :), a bit ridiculous to see him on that list.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/page/worldcup101-03012010/ce/us/best-players-2010-world-cup?cc=5739&ver=global .

I think it may be rated as to who will have the biggest impact for their team, which is why Rooney is higher than Kaka IMO. Although in that respect Rooney should be number 1 as I fear we dont have a chance without him!

I actually think Essien should be higher. He is a quality player and quite literally does everthing for Ghana. In the last WC Essien was everywhere, defending, making passes and scoring one of the games he was exceptional. In fact it was probably one of the best individual performances I have ever seen with regards to pure work rate, effort and skill (except Felli against City!).

Tevez is massively behind Torres!? Errr, dont think so!

come on mate theres no question who is the miles better player...tevez just runs round and granted has scored a few goals(about 5 deflections at least that i have seen included) but he hasnt got nowhere the class torres has..

come on mate theres no question who is the miles better player...tevez just runs round and granted has scored a few goals(about 5 deflections at least that i have seen included) but he hasnt got nowhere the class torres has..

I don't think it's about class. It's about the best players. Berbatov has more class than Rooney, but Rooney is the much better player.

but Tevez actually plays football rather than warmin the physio bench lookin like a bitch. If you had to pick between the 2, who would you choose?

your crazy man! Tevez everytime! He has scored 15 in the league league (21 in all comps - 31 games in total) compared to Torres 13 in all comps (23 apps). His workrate is second to none and i bet he sets up a fair few more goals that nancy boy does. Clear cut for me. Oh, and Torres can only play when Gerrard plays with him, for Liverpool at least. Tevez can play with anyone.

As for Berbatov, he is the biggest waste of money ive seen in football boots. A few nice touches but makes the Yak look energetic. like Grarghsies says above, its not about the class or the flair, it is about the best player....

he runs around a lot yeah will give him that as for his goals i have seen at least 4 or 5 deflected goals that could have gone anywhere and his record for united wasn't amazing...torres' has been for the time he has been at liverpool..i know who i would have anyways and that is torres everytime...

he runs around a lot yeah will give him that as for his goals i have seen at least 4 or 5 deflected goals that could have gone anywhere and his record for united wasn't amazing...torres' has been for the time he has been at liverpool..i know who i would have anyways and that is torres everytime...

if you dont shoot you dont score, deflected or not his efforts helped City win games. There was me thinkin you had a little common sense... :P

if i had common sense i wouldnt be an everton fan and let them put me through what they do :lol:

:D i know exactly what you mean mate, but we dont have a choice in being Blue, we just are. Common sense doesnt apply in that case. One of my all time favourite sayings "theres nothing common about sense"... So very, very true!