IGNORED

Wolves (away)

MikeO

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fourteen shots on target (according to the beeb) against one for Wolves....plus eight off :( .

Twenty-two attempts and not one went in?! Was out of range of internet, radio and TV. Quite glad.

Those stats dont surprise me one bit , I thought we totally outplayed them in the first half especially.

We played some great football but it was just one of those days.If we had played until midnight we probably still wouldnt have scored

I know it's each to their own in terms of opinions but I can't believe some of the negative comments being made. We where playing a team on their biggest crest of a wave of the season, on a ground where both Chelsea and Utd struggled (yes I know both won), Liverpool struggled to a dour draw (yes I know their crap)yet we actually played them off the park and created chance after chance. I could understand the pessimism if we got turned over and created sod all but that didn't happen. We could argue all day that it's all about putting the ball in the bag of the net, well I know that but let's put things into perspective. It wasn't a bad performance, it wasn't a disastrous result and we have six big games still to play to get something out of the season.

Yeah Beard, youre right. It wasnt bad perfomance overally, just frustrating cause no goal made from poor finishing. I think 3rd game in week was just enought to take something off from focus and we couldnt get good shots at all, except Sahas thunderball on top of bar :( And im bit confused that, why in the world, when we are totally dominating 80 percent of the game, Yak comes in, Saha off. Definitely should had gone to 442 and Ossie off, he were ok on first half, but lost it this time at second half. Poor shooting overally, Ossie had couple first half, Timmy had couple, Peanuts had also a couple of clean chances.

I know it's each to their own in terms of opinions but I can't believe some of the negative comments being made. We where playing a team on their biggest crest of a wave of the season, on a ground where both Chelsea and Utd struggled (yes I know both won), Liverpool struggled to a dour draw (yes I know their crap)yet we actually played them off the park and created chance after chance. I could understand the pessimism if we got turned over and created sod all but that didn't happen. We could argue all day that it's all about putting the ball in the bag of the net, well I know that but let's put things into perspective. It wasn't a bad performance, it wasn't a disastrous result and we have six big games still to play to get something out of the season.

I agree completely. Contrary to what some people were predicting this was always going to be a tough game especially with Arteta out (however we didnt really miss him that much). I dont mind the lads putting in 100% and it just not quite happening and we draw or lose but it bugs me when they dont turn up like they did against Brum, RS and sporting etc even if we win those games like West Ham and Pompey earlier in the season.

not disappointed at the performance except for upfront...if you cant put the ball in then it doesnt matter if you created 1 or 50 chances! its not good enough...rest of the play doesnt matter as far as im concerned if we cant score..

Valid point...

Although I didnt think we missed Arteta too much yesterday I still think Moyes should look to play Pienaar in the middle when he isnt available. He is wasted on the wing sometimes and its not as if he cant play there as he has done it a few times and been brilliant. We have at least a couple of others who can play on the wings (Billy/Gosling/Vic as well as Osman-ish) and in games where we need to break down a defence he will be much more influential through the middle than he is out wide (like Arteta and Osman).

Another managerial query I have about yesterdays game was who was actually playing along side Saha/Yak up front? To me it looked as if we had Cahill playing the Arteta role and Rodwell playing in the Cahill role for large chunks of the game. If we really are going to challenge these euro spots Moyes has to realise that Cahill is possibly the worst central midfielder at the club and when he drop deeper than his supporting striker role it directly affects the dynamic of the team. When Cahill drops deep we only have one upfront, and as good as he is Saha can only do so much on his own which means the opposition will generally get the ball back a lot quicker than they should. His passing and decision making also isnt as good as the others in midfield and 'generally' he will play an average pass or miss an opportunity to play a much more decisive pass. I love Timmy Cahill but he MUST stay up top and hassle centre backs and full backs and win the headers from the pointless hoofs that come from our back four.

biggest annoyance on subs front for me and think its been mentioned was taking saha off and puttin yak on...sticking with 4-5-1...and we didnt miss arteta on the creative front but he has scored a few goals lately and could have stuck in a free kick or one of the many shots we had! i think its highlighted the fact we need a new striker or the old yak back..

I'm with Beard here...

They gave 100% but they were fuckin cream crackered from Thursday nights game against Arabia City, was very frustrating (& I watched it all) BUT lets be honest people we can, nay WILL still do this its just THE EVERTON WAY,surely we all know that by now ;-)

COYB

it was wednesday night...3 days later! for that money they should be able play 2 games a week without gettin too tired...im not complainin about the overall performance we played some nice football again and without arteta...just the shooting was the poorest i have seen in a long time..osman especially! he showed why he is so frustrating to us all