IGNORED

Wolves (away)

MikeO

Getting this up to have a quick say because I'm off early in the morning.

No point beating City tonight if we don't follow it up with another three points at Wolves. People (the media) will start talking about us again now....pressure on a bit but Wolves have scored only ten at home all season, only Pompey have got a worse home record.

Just got to make sure we don't take them lightly and we should be OK :) .

Another 2-0 win for me....we're really in the mix now. LOVING IT!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree entirely.

We can not take Wolves lightly, they are on a run now... (They won a game at the weekend :lol: )

Seriously we have to knuckle down and do the job professionally. No slacking or underestimating the opposition.

Will Moyes be banned for the Wolves game or will it take a week to come into force?

I was a little concerned about this game before last night but hopefully beating City will have the team brimming with confidence. If we can stop Jarvis getting in the crosses and Jags and Distin can cope with being chased by Doyle for 90 minutes then we should be OK.

1-0 to us - Saha.

not unless there is a 10 goal swing...goal difference could play a big part in it this year though..and no offence to teams like portsmouth but at home we could easily get a plus 6 if we play like we have been doin! we are about 10 behind the rest but it was 0 4 games again ago so who knows arteta has found a scoring touch if he can get 2 or 3 more along with the striker(s) :-)

Wolves will be up for this, they're looking good for survival and have put together a decent run of results. But if we approach it in the right way, give it 110% like we must do every game left, we'll have way too much to them. 3-1 to us.

I was a little concerned about this game before last night but hopefully beating City will have the team brimming with confidence. If we can stop Jarvis getting in the crosses and Jags and Distin can cope with being chased by Doyle for 90 minutes then we should be OK.

1-0 to us - Saha.

Rather Doyle than that Argentine terrier from yday lol Agree with everyone else though, this must be a follow up from last nights result!

We've the ability and opportunity to win this one and go on a really good run through the end of the season. All we need now is the application. I think we'll do it, but I think it will be tight for 70 minutes or so. Not dissimilar to the Bolton game.

I haven't heard anything about Howard, I assume he's fine?

As many have already said this will be a tough game but we have to win it. Traditionally this season, Wolves are the type of team we have struggled against. They work hard, get men behind the ball and they should be buoyant after their win at West Ham.

We have to play with the same intensity we do at Goodison and get in their faces and get our passing game going. It would be criminal to let this opportunity go and I fear it will be one of those frustrating games.

My bet is either a 1-0 or 2-1 to us with Heitinga getting his first for the club. I cant wait to see his reaction, and I think the crowds reaction would be pretty good to as he is definately a legend in the making...

I expect to see quite hard game. We played fantastic on wedneday, but i doubt we can get same kind of drive on players vs weaker opponent+day less recovering time than them. They also got crucial 3p on tuesday, so they can be very well confidently boosted here. Im ofc still hoping that players find that same emotional focus that vs citeh and we can keep good run going and grab all 3p from second awaygame in a row. We will definitely need to beat these kind of opponents and get better away record for this season. It aint gonna be easy, but even i have my doubts, ill think we can handle this game. Howard might be out(os) so Nash will get play prolly. Hopefully that aint gonna be problem. Jags were again rocksolid himself(and i think i were missing that from our defence a lot), even he had some probs with aggressive and fast Teves.

Do we try and outplay them, and find them getting to every loose ball first because they want it more.If I were Moyes I'd get a massive blow up of the league table printed and stick it up in the changing room, get a broom handle and point it at the rs, then their points total....then our position and points total.Then ask if there are any players present who don't think we can overtake them! If any put their hands up....drop them!

At half time if we are losing.....get the broom handle out again.

Would just like to point out, that whilst I admit to once running a youth football team, I never once hit anyone with a broom handle :unsure:

0-1.

Howard,

Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines,

Osman, Rodwell, Heitinga, Cahill, Pienaar,

Saha

Nash, Hibbert, Yobo, Bilyaletdinov, Yakubu, Gosling, Senderos

fuckin sick of this all the friggin time!! why are our players just so injury prone?!?!?

Edited by marcopaulo