IGNORED

Kevin De Bruyne

BOOM!

The real "BOOM!" can be seen at the one minute mark :).

Talented midfielder. If the rumoured price of £1m is correct then I'd do it. He plays for Churinga's favorite (Belgian) team if his signature is anything to go by, so he'll know him better. Anderlecht are after him though...

EDIT: he was just profiled on the equivalent of MOTD here, scored goal of the week : http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Jupiler_Pro_League/extratime/1.563575 . (Don't know if you need to have a Belgian IP to watch the video though .. like BBC does).

Edited by holystove

I already heared rumours about everton and other clubs wanting him, but it is very very unlikely he will go anywhere. the club obviously wants him to stay, to increas his value, and Kevin himself also talked about staying beeing the best option for him

He's 18, and he's only been a regular for a few months now in the first team. He surely has talent, and if he keeps improving at a normal rate he will outgrow Belgium in few years. But he still has a lot of things to prove. He is constantly beeing compared to Defour (also Racing genk youth product btw) but he has shown more promise on the flank then in the centre for me. and it is just to early to start comparing

He is constantly beeing compared to Defour (also Racing genk youth product btw)

Actually Defour is a youth product from KV Mechelen but was signed by Genk after KV almost went bankrupt (I'm an avid KV fan =) ). And didn't De Bruyne come through the youth program of Ghent rather than Genk? Isn't Genk also known for signing players out of the Standard de Liège academy (Bailly, ..)? :).

Actually Defour is a youth product from KV Mechelen but was signed by Genk after KV almost went bankrupt (I'm an avid KV fan =) ). And didn't De Bruyne come through the youth program of Ghent rather than Genk? Isn't Genk also known for signing players out of the Standard de Liège academy (Bailly, ..)? :).

Wow. Even in English this sentance sounds foreign :huh:

Defour came to Genk at 15 years, and spent only 1,5 years in the youth ranks, ok I'll take your point there :)

But De Bruyne Came to Genk at age of 14 and spent 4 years in the youth ranks, i would most definetly call him a Genk youth product.

About the standard guys,

back in the early years of '00 Standard dind't have their famous academy, youth didn't have a very good prospect of getting to the first team, and just 25 miles away there was a club on the rise with a very young squad and a good name when it came to working with Youth. players Like Bailly and Poco were not going to get the same chances in standard as they have gotten in Genk. I'm 100% convinced that their time at Genk made them better players :).

And besides those 2, there aren't alot of other players i can think of that made the move from Standard to Genk. And it goes both ways, as you must know :)

Sorry for boring the rest of you toffeetalkers, just ignore us :P

Defour came to Genk at 15 years, and spent only 1,5 years in the youth ranks, ok I'll take your point there :)

But De Bruyne Came to Genk at age of 14 and spent 4 years in the youth ranks, i would most definetly call him a Genk youth product.

About the standard guys,

back in the early years of '00 Standard dind't have their famous academy, youth didn't have a very good prospect of getting to the first team, and just 25 miles away there was a club on the rise with a very young squad and a good name when it came to working with Youth. players Like Bailly and Poco were not going to get the same chances in standard as they have gotten in Genk. I'm 100% convinced that their time at Genk made them better players :).

And besides those 2, there aren't alot of other players i can think of that made the move from Standard to Genk. And it goes both ways, as you must know :)

Sorry for boring the rest of you toffeetalkers, just ignore us :P

Fair enough. Just wanted to claim Defour as a KV product :).

And Rooney wouldn't be leaving us for less than £50million... ;). When the money's put on the table clubs change their mind.

In genk they know that keeping him for another season means generating more money. whatever clubs are willing to pay now, they will most certainly be willing to pay in a year from now, and very likely even more.

so i really think he isn't going anywhere.

In genk they know that keeping him for another season means generating more money. whatever clubs are willing to pay now, they will most certainly be willing to pay in a year from now, and very likely even more.

so i really think he isn't going anywhere.

And IF he does leave, it'll be for Anderlecht .. A little too soon for him to go to another league (except maybe the dutch league).

And IF he does leave, it'll be for Anderlecht .. A little too soon for him to go to another league (except maybe the dutch league).

a smart lad would definitely come to everton over anderlecht with our recent track record with playing kids like vaughan, anichebe, gosling, rodwell and coleman's had a look in. james wallace makes our bench quite often. there's certainly room to break through here and it's better to move when you're young in a sense it's easier to be the player the club want you to be, easier to mould. ontop of that he's be able to learn fro mthe likes of pienaar (hopefully), arteta, fellaini to keep him company...different class to anderlecht. maybe moving to a club like AZ or Ajax i'd accept but anderlecht would be a bad career move IMO, he's better off either leaving and making a 'proper' move or stayin where he is.

a smart lad would definitely come to everton over anderlecht with our recent track record with playing kids like vaughan, anichebe, gosling, rodwell and coleman's had a look in. james wallace makes our bench quite often. there's certainly room to break through here and it's better to move when you're young in a sense it's easier to be the player the club want you to be, easier to mould. ontop of that he's be able to learn fro mthe likes of pienaar (hopefully), arteta, fellaini to keep him company...different class to anderlecht. maybe moving to a club like AZ or Ajax i'd accept but anderlecht would be a bad career move IMO, he's better off either leaving and making a 'proper' move or stayin where he is.

Couple of things .. You're right that football wise he'd be better off at Everton, I think he prefers Anderlecht on a personal level (staying near his home) .. Secondly, he's got nothing in common with Fellaini that would make them seek each others company :), culturally speaking you're either Flemish or Walloon - there is no Belgian identity (not that I think that is a problem) .. Finally, I don't see what the difference is between AZ, Ajax and Anderlecht; Ajax might have a better youth program but De Bruyne would play first team football for those clubs and right now Anderlecht are the better team.

Couple of things .. You're right that football wise he'd be better off at Everton, I think he prefers Anderlecht on a personal level (staying near his home) .. Secondly, he's got nothing in common with Fellaini that would make them seek each others company :), culturally speaking you're either Flemish or Walloon - there is no Belgian identity (not that I think that is a problem) .. Finally, I don't see what the difference is between AZ, Ajax and Anderlecht; Ajax might have a better youth program but De Bruyne would play first team football for those clubs and right now Anderlecht are the better team.

i'd definitely move to ajax over anderlecht. i'm not suggestings that he'd want fellaini's company as such but having another belgian may ease settling,bit ofhelp with the language and culture, you never know either they may both like strip clubs or something.

He's says he doesn't know but on the other hand he's looknig to play in a better competition and he has family in the UK.

he's ofcourse aiming for a better comp, but that doesn't mean he wants to leave this summer. and he also says he wants to play games in the first place, wich is why i believe he'll stay for another year, but you never know ofcourse.

btw he played a good game this evening: a goal and assist in a 2-2 draw, man of the match for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...