IGNORED

Europa Or Not Europa For Next Season...

Matt

so if pompy are out of the europa.....7th now available...if the red shite do win the it..does that mean 8th is available..or is there any other way 8th slot can come into effect...

Titleholder

2.06 Unless the UEFA Cup titleholder qualifies for the UEFA Champions League

through its domestic championship, it is guaranteed a place in the group

stage of the UEFA Europa League. If the titleholder does qualify for the

UEFA Europa League through its domestic competitions, the number of

places to which its national association is entitled in the UEFA Europa

League does not change. If the UEFA Cup titleholder does not qualify for

either the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League through its

domestic competitions, its participation in the UEFA Europa League is not at

the expense of the contingent of its association.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/UEFACup/84/52/89/845289_DOWNLOAD.pdf

So if Liverpool win it and finish seventh with us eighth we won't qualify.

If Liverpool win it and finish eighth with us seventh we both qualify.

wasnt sure where to put this but just to show how far we have come:

"Everton holds the record for the longest run without scoring in the Premiership. They went seven consecutive games without a goal in the 1994/95 season."

now we're talking about European qualification... something to smile about even if we dont qualify!

Well, we've no chance of catching Villa now - mathematically impossible. Vila just beat Brum 1-0. To be honest, Brum were unlucky not to have taken anything out of that game.

Our hope now lies with Burnley, Chelsea and Hull doing us favours against the RS. They (RS) need only 4points from those three games to guarantee a top 7 finish - I reckon they'll get 6.

We could theoretically catch City, but they'd need to lose their remaining three games by an average of about 5 goals.

This is all based on the assumption that we win all our remaining games. If Burnley pull of a surprise today I may change my mind, but realistically, I think we'll be "concentrating on the league" next season

Guest rusty747

One game at a time. We can only concentrate on our matches. 3 points at Stoke next week (we'll need to play much better than we did today), a Chelski win at Liverpool and at least the RS will be feeling us breathing down their necks on the final day of the season. Long shot? Sure as hell is but I ain't giving it up just yet. COYB

Well with Villa and the RS winning today this question is now irrelevant! (As I don't think the RS will lose both games left)However that said I think it couldf be a blessing in disguise. I'll miss the European nights but won't miss Sunday games and hopefully will mean better performances in the league.

Edited by barryj