IGNORED

Djibril Cisse

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05/19/everton-considering-shock-8m-move-for-former-liverpool-striker-moyes-wants-djibril-cisse/

What does everyone think of this? I'm unsure as to whether it'd be a good signing or not tbh.

Wouldnt mind him for that price , a bit of pace up front and a proven finisher in the Prem

i always quite liked him personally can be class when he wants..big, strong, decent in the air and quite quick..can't see the link it wont work though how much are they saying?

£8M

David Moyes could be ready to line up an audacious move to bring former Liverpool striker Djibril Cissé back to the Premier League. The French international has had an incredibly successful first season in Greece with Panathinaikos, where his 29 goals helped his side to the domestic title.

The 28 year old has been in sparkling form and has found his way back into the French international fold and cemented a place in Raymond Domenech’s World Cup squad despite having not scored for his country in over five years.

Everton boss Moyes is looking for new attacking options and would like to bring Cisse may to Merseyside and hopes that a bid of around £8m would be enough to snap up the former Anfield man. The Goodison Park manager appears to have lost patience with Yakubu and is hoping to find a strike partner for Louis Saha.

£5m gets you nothing nowadays, especially upfront.

£8m is a good price for someone scoring 29 goals in a top division.

Since when has the Greek league been a top division?

Beckford scored 31 and is free! Granted, League one isnt top notch, but take the top 2 teams out of the Greek lead and i bet its the same!

Cisse is playing in the top division of the Greek League...hence top division. Not a top European division.

That makes all the difference then. Lets go and sign players from the top division in Bulgaria and Estonia too. That Top 4 spot will be well within our grasp.

Cisse has scored goals in the Prem and all accross Europe and is also a France international . Beckford has scored away at Bradford

hmmmmm Think I will stick with Cisse!

tis a fair point. My biggest problem is that its 8mill for an ex-kopite.

• 1 year later...