IGNORED

Heitinga To Man City

I was just about to post the same link. What's happening? Is media just trying to mess around with us as always, or is Heitinga the one messing? it's really disrupting!! I'd hate to see another start of the season in turmoil... :(

stop overreacting everyone. He is being consistant; he wants to win, he wants to be the best and play at the highest level. IF he cannot achieve that with Everton, he will look elsewhere, anywhere, to achieve it. Fair enough. He has also said he has 4 years at Everton and is an Everton player, so all this determination and energy is going to be going into our team. For now at least. If we do not start competing and winning medals soon, maybe 2 more seasons, he will be looking to go. But as long as he gives his all between now and the day he leaves (and one of the reasons we all love him is because he does and we know he will continue to do so), leave him be...

Edited by galacticaracnid

stop overreacting everyone. He is being consistant; he wants to win, he wants to be the best and play at the highest level. IF he cannot achieve that with Everton, he will look elsewhere, anywhere, to achieve it. Fair enough. He has also said he has 4 years at Everton and is an Everton player, so all this determination and energy is going to be going into our team.

I've never said anything about not being ambitious. It's the hinting at other, "bigger" clubs that frustrates me. He's an honest lad, if all this has really come from his mouth, and I'll praise him for that. But perhaps he should focus more on reaching his ambitions and goals in Everton, and not talk about leaving our club. It's quite simple. Journalist asks: "If you had a chance, would you play for a bigger club?". He could answer, and perhaps should have, with honesty: "Yes. BUT. my focus and loyalty lie with Everton at the moment, and I hope to reach those goals with the club." Instead, media (and perhaps himself) is saying that his ambitions lie elsewhere. THAT is what disturbs me. Much talk about people going could distract the other players in the squad. I really hope they're not paying attention to it at all. We all know what happened to our squad during the Lescott-saga last year (+ of course our numbers of injuries)...

Hey, I know it's the Silly Season, and I know how Silly Season always tears Everton FC apart. But let's hope for once things will stay calm and quiet. With Mucha and Beckford already in, things have worked fine this far. At least on players joining us..

Edited by Inca85

From what I've heard Johnny is being asked things like "would you move to Liverpool?" and "would you move to Ajax again?".

Fairly leading questions I'm sure you'll agree, but they make nice headlines.

Not overly worried here.

I've never said anything about being ambitious. It's the hinting at other, "bigger" clubs that frustrates me. He's an honest lad, if all this has really come from his mouth, and I'll praise him for that. But perhaps he should focus more on reaching his ambitions and goals in Everton, and not talk about leaving our club. It's quite simple. Journalist asks: "If you had a chance, would you play for a bigger club?". He could answer, and perhaps should have, with honesty: "Yes. BUT. my focus and loyalty lie with Everton at the moment, and I hope to reach those goals with the club." Instead, media (and perhaps himself) is saying that his ambitions lie elsewhere. THAT is what disturbs me. Much talk about people going could distract the other players in the squad. I really hope they're not paying attention to it at all. We all know what happened to our squad during the Lescott-saga last year (+ of course our numbers of injuries)...

Hey, I know it's the Silly Season, and I know how Silly Season always tears Everton FC apart. But let's hope for once things will stay calm and quiet. With Mucha and Beckford already in, things have worked fine this far. At least on players joining us..

Taken from the link above:

“At this moment I am still contracted to Everton for another four years without a clause in my contract.

“I am focusing on Everton right now and enjoying life there.”

This is all media manipulation in their questioning and choosing what they want to print - ie not the full story. Wasnt having a go mate, but im trying to calm people from getting carried away.

From what I've heard Johnny is being asked things like "would you move to Liverpool?" and "would you move to Ajax again?".

Fairly leading questions I'm sure you'll agree, but they make nice headlines.

Not overly worried here.

spot on G, even NSNO as pointed that out in the begining of the article:

Seemingly being asked some pretty leading questions in the Dutch media this summer

The dutch are known for the directness, almost to the point of (and quite often being) rude. Nothing in this at all....

Taken from the link above:

This is all media manipulation in their questioning and choosing what they want to print - ie not the full story. Wasnt having a go mate, but im trying to calm people from getting carried away.

Okay, I'll believe you on that ;)

From the moment he left Ajax he always said that he's coming back one day.

And he is a honest and smart guy, he knows Barcelona is above his limits and Liverpool are our rivals..

Plus, this whole "saga" was started by a Dutch newspaper who are famous for their gossip and not-true articles.

Don't worry, be happy :D

And he is a honest and smart guy, he knows Barcelona is above his limits and Liverpool are our rivals..

Plus, this whole "saga" was started by a Dutch newspaper who are famous for their gossip and not-true articles.

One of us, one of us....

glad to hear a Dutch fan with a little more knowledge of this helping out.

cheers dutchguy.

Thanks for the information, makes me at ease :)

You're welcome :)

Right now it's perfect for me, Heitinga playing at my favourite foreign club and returning one day to my favourite club in the world :D

Dude, did you ever had the nickname Trousers? I know its a long shot but i knew an avid Ajax fan who supported Everton when i lived in Holland, just wondering if its you....

I really hope this is media bull-shit and he stays! City havn't achieved anything we haven't in recent seasons so it's only the money factor players go for. It has proved that most players who leave us dont do well except one player and he is a exception.. Wayne Rooney, but lets face it was is always going to be special. The likes of barmby, xavier, kroldrup, jeffers, lescott, have all seen their careers fall by the way side. They eitther into lower leagues of sit on the bench for ages and get offloaded. Lets face it, this is probably media bull-shit which we are all used to at this time of the year..... Jonny has only been here touching on a season, he is only just getting to grips with the league and cementing his place in our tight-knit squad. I wouldn't begrudge him moving on in 2 years if we haven't grown as a team and challenging for honours but we are on the brink of doing that! If we have no disruptions for the start of the season and get a few quality players in to add to beckford and mucha, who knows what we can do... just look at the end of last season. Glad we have nailed rodders and cahill down to new contracts, lets hope peanuts follows suit and we continue to grow as a quality squad not just a excellent 11. IMWT

Dude, did you ever had the nickname Trousers? I know its a long shot but i knew an avid Ajax fan who supported Everton when i lived in Holland, just wondering if its you....

Nope, i have a nickname, but there are no trousers involved ;)

Where did you lived in Holland btw?

Nope, i have a nickname, but there are no trousers involved ;)

Where did you lived in Holland btw?

my apartment was in Bussum, but spent most of my free time drinkin in Dam square at fellows (the irish pub) or in Hilversum. my sister used to work in the irish place (the one that was dating the dutch guy!) so i always got a discount on the guinnesss. was still 8E a pint though!

Edited by galacticaracnid

my apartment was in Bussum, but spent most of my free time drinkin in Dam square at fellows (the irish pub) or in Hilversum. my sister used to work in the irish place (the one that was dating the dutch guy!) so i always got a discount on the guinnesss. was still 8E a pint though!

The Irirsh pub in Amsterdam is awesome, been there a couple of times.

And your sister has a excellent taste ;)