IGNORED

Norwich City (away)

lilpyrokid951

Planning on making my first trip to see the blues in person for the Norwich game! I'm spending the second half of july in paris with my girlfriend and I figured I could stop off in england on my way home to see my first Everton game! probably gonna stay in london for a few days (get the new jersey from lillywhites of course, since my last one is a few years old), then drive up to Norwich to watch the game and probably stay the night. i know it's very early to get a match day topic started, but I can't help but be excited as I'm finalizing my travel plans!

what do you all know about the opposition? do you think moyes will be playing anything close to his ideal starting lineup at this stage in the preseason?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You can only buy club shirts from the stores in Liverpool or online due to the deal with Kitbag - They are not available anywhere else now.

2. Norwich used to be a half decent side that went into decline, they got promotion last year to the championship (next level down from the prem)

3. It will probably be a decent strength side put out but don't expect too much, lower league sides tend to put in more effort during these friendlies.

Planning on making my first trip to see the blues in person for the Norwich game! I'm spending the second half of july in paris with my girlfriend and I figured I could stop off in england on my way home to see my first Everton game! probably gonna stay in london for a few days (get the new jersey from lillywhites of course, since my last one is a few years old), then drive up to Norwich to watch the game and probably stay the night. i know it's very early to get a match day topic started, but I can't help but be excited as I'm finalizing my travel plans!

what do you all know about the opposition? do you think moyes will be playing anything close to his ideal starting lineup at this stage in the preseason?

Norwich City have a nice little stadium, and the Norwich fans love their football, so there should be a decent crowd and good atmosphere.Paris in July.....followed by a night in Norwich.....you old romantic!

That was the first place I ever saw Everton play (lost 2-1 :( )....the days of Latchford and McKenzie!

I remember sitting in the main stand as a kid, looking at the travelling Evertonians and thinking, that's what I want.

American Evertonian, have a great time.If you and your girlfriend like history, Norwich has a pretty decent castle..........it's not the Eiffel Tower, but then what is!

Only been to Carrow Road once - but what a day. 1 - 0 Van Den Hauwe, anyone?

Not too shabby :D !

I've only been once, a 1-1 draw in '89. It was when I realised I was getting old because I sat right by the Norwich bench and a lad I assumed was a mascot came on as a second half sub :unsure: .

Also was rather pissed, took a wrong turning out of the ground and got completely lost. Took hours to find the station :( .

Or seeing Kev 'The Rat' score one of his two Everton goals, after a lovely 1-2 and a coll finish into the bottom corner, think we won 2-0. B)

Hi Toffee Fans

there´s a buzz in Portugal that oporto is betting João Moutinho from Sporting Portugal, for 14M, and that Everton is betting 15M.

what do you know about it!?

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know how i'm supposed to buy tickets online? general sale was supposed to go on sale at 8 this morning but i can't find any link to purchase tickets

Usually through e-ticketing, on the ticket dropdown list. You have to log in. Might be a bit difficult without a season ticket. You may have to contact by telephone and ask them to send the ticket out to you. We had an allocation of 2,500, and going pretty steady.

So who's making the long jaunt down to Norwich? I've just booked my ticket as I was getting itchy feat and couldn't wait much longer to us play!

already here, although i was coming from paris and not liverpool. i'm staying in the hotel that's literally adjacent to the stadium lol. anyone know what hotel the players are at?

already here, although i was coming from paris and not liverpool. i'm staying in the hotel that's literally adjacent to the stadium lol. anyone know what hotel the players are at?

Welcome to the Mother Country AE :lol: . Your first time? How's it going?

Hi American, if you are in the Holiday Inn, Carrow Road, prepare for another coach load to join you tomorrow, we are staying until Sunday afternoon.

Hi American, if you are in the Holiday Inn, Carrow Road, prepare for another coach load to join you tomorrow, we are staying until Sunday afternoon.

If the coach driver takes the easy route .. M62 - A1 - A47 you should pass about a quarter of a mile away from my house, Have a nice w/end. :D

After reading your post it gave me a good feeling inside about our club and how special it is and our fans, wherever we are in the world. Good luck to you and the missus and i hope you have a wonderful day. P.S 0-2 Micky and Becks to score

yep that's the one. if your room is on the back side of the hotel then you get a view straight down onto the pitch! unfortunately got a room facing away from the ground >:o

shame i'm not staying later but we're driving back to london after the game as my flight back to the US is sunday morning :/

After reading your post it gave me a good feeling inside about our club and how special it is and our fans, wherever we are in the world. Good luck to you and the missus and i hope you have a wonderful day. P.S 0-2 Micky and Becks to score

i've been aching to see the blues play in person ever since i started following them back in 2006 so i'm ecstatic! with my dad being australian and growing up in los angeles, once i found out timmy cahill and tim howard were on the team i started paying attention and been hooked ever since!

unfortunately she flew back home since she'd been in paris for 5 weeks :/. now traveling with my dad though, since he was in europe on business and wants to see tim cahill, being australian and all.