IGNORED

First Look At Fifa11

Kohen

New features

* Next Gen Gameplay Engine (PC, PS3, Xbox 360): The game engine that is used for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will now be used also on the PC

* FIFA World (PC): This will allow the player to customize their online avatar, compete with players from all over the world and fight for positions on the leaderboard

* Personality+ (PS3, Xbox 360): is a system intended to improve the way that players' individual abilities are reflected in-game, resulting in clearer differentiation between players. Personality+ utilises a database containing 36 attributes and 57 traits for each player, maintained by a worldwide network of 1,700 scouts, editors, and reviewers

* Pro Passing (PS3, Xbox 360): is a new passing system where the gamer's own accuracy with the control pad, as well as the situation and skills of the players on the pitch, determines the accuracy of each pass

* Creation Centre (PS3, Xbox 360): is a new web-based application which allows the user to create material to download to their console and share with their friends. Created teams names, kits and players can be customised and players can be edited in a more in-depth way than before. Create a player by choosing his appearance, accessories and attributes and then create an original team with a distinctive crest and kits, complete with home stadium

* Custom Soundtracks: For the first time in the series the player will be able to create their own personalised soundtrack by importing their favourite music into the game. Customised chants can also be imported and a club's anthems and chants can be set to play during introductions, halftime, after goals, or at the end of matches. The player's virtual pro's name can be chanted in the stadium

* Career Mode (PS3, Xbox 360): Be a Pro Mode and Manager Mode have been merged into the new Career Mode, where the player can choose to be a player, manager, or player-manager for over 15 seasons.[14] Many improvements have been made to Career Mode, one being that when signing new players, the user will have to agree to a transfer fee with the club, as well as other personal demands from the player; the club could also agree a fee with two teams for a player, but the player will discuss personal terms with both clubs before making a decision. The board of a club can decide to give the manager a contract extension or not; this will depend on certain objectives being met, or if they feel that the user have potential as a manager. The manager reputation rating is still in the game and will go up or down depending on your efforts. Regular emails will appear from the coach telling the user about player growth, and if a player is gaining or losing overall rating, the coach will also tell the user about players that are hitting form and will suggest the user include them in the starting line up for the next match, or give them a little more responsibility. On the player growth screen, the user will also get comments from the coach, such as “Has reached his potential," "Isn’t going to grow anymore,” or “Could develop quickly if given game time." A new budget allocator has also been implemented, where the player can adjust the slider to whatever they desire, whether it will be a 80/20 split with £50 million to spend and £200K wage budget, or a 60/40 split, where that may be £40 million to spend and £250K wage budget. This gives some flexibility if the user is trying to buy specific players but doesn't have the wages to cover it, or doesn't need the wages and wants more free cash. There is a limit, however; when doing this, the user will get the notification that this is only available three times, so the player must make their decisions wisely

* Street Football (Wii): Players can now play five vs. five street football, as well as the traditional 11 vs. 11. Each street player has a distinctive style of play with unique abilities to match, and for the first time, play indoors, with many additional customizable features

* Goalkeeper Intelligence (All Platforms): Goalkeepers now have more urgency and better perception of where to intercept loose balls, resulting in a more responsive and powerful rushing system. Goalkeepers are now more agile and can make more impressive saves. New animation warping technology provides game-realistic goalkeeper positioning and momentum, resulting in more varied scoring opportunities

* Be a Goalkeeper (PS3, Xbox 360): EA Sports have released a FIFA 11 trailer with the slogan "We Are 11." The trailer confirms that it will be possible to play as a goalkeeper in FIFA 11, and it will also be possible to play 11 vs. 11 online matches

* Manual Leaderboard (PS3, Xbox 360, PC): It has been confirmed that there will be a separate leaderboard this year for players that use the manual control setup

* Improved Celebrations (PS3, Xbox 360): Celebrations will now use the in-game camera rather than separate cutscenes. It is also confirmed that teammates can now join in celebrations. Also, only more skilled or acrobatic players can perform the more acrobatic celebrations, such as a back flip. FIFA 11 also includes players' signature celebrations, which they can perform with a simple push of a button. For example, if the player scores with Tim Cahill, the player will box the corner flag, and if a player scores with Miroslav Klose he will do a front flip

Yeah if you wanted but don't expect to get to the top, my win percentage is 85% :P

The goalkeeper mode looks really good at there was a video about the new stamina features. Some players get tired out quicker than others, if your losing the game you slow down (chasing the ball, panicing) and if you've got a new signing sometimes he won't start as good as he can be (new club, country, league)

It all sounds very good, can't wait.

Should we merge this with the video games thread?

Just to clarify we will be sponsored by Chang in the game won't we? On the trailer we don't have a sponsor and neither do the likes of Lyon and Real who were in the trailer. I'm guessing that they can't promote alcohol/gambling on their website but they can in their games. If for some reason our sponsor is not in the game I will be miffed to say the least.

• 1 month later...

Have played Fifa games for years and 11 is amazing... However since they've removed the ability to edit players for offline mode I've been forced to actually improve at the game for Everton manager mode, rather than just skill up our stars a bit (EA has greatly underrrated a few players)... But after a season or two I can turn up the difficulty again and have some fun games.

In my Fifa 09 manager mode I think I've got Seamus Coleman at 91 OVR scoring 10 goals a season from RM.

I played the new Fifa Online for awhile but was turned off by the difference in management of the team vs the offline manager mode in the other games. Will play again though after the Fifa 11 obsession wears off a bit, I do need to continue going to work most of my day anyway, eh

Not being funny but who has everyone been drawn against in the domestic cups? Let me tell you my story

Carling Cup; Round 3 Chelsea, Round 4 Liverpool, Round 5 Man United, Round 6 Arsenal, Round 7 Fulham

FA Cup; Round 3 Chelsea

New season's Carling Cup; Round 3 Chelsea

SERIOUSLY, WUT.

Not being funny but who has everyone been drawn against in the domestic cups? Let me tell you my story

Carling Cup; Round 3 Chelsea, Round 4 Liverpool, Round 5 Man United, Round 6 Arsenal, Round 7 Fulham

FA Cup; Round 3 Chelsea

New season's Carling Cup; Round 3 Chelsea

SERIOUSLY, WUT.

Glad someone else noticed. That really fucked me off, no rotation in the cups at all inc Champions league! that among many other flaws,got me to take it back.

Yes, i did the unthinkable but i love manager mode and 11's sucks. being a goalie is boring as foook so im stickin with 10, with updated rostas :)

Not sounding big headed but I was really good at Live last season, my win ration was something like 80% and on this game I'm having a lot of trouble online. I know 'ping' passing has been taken out but I swear I never used it. The players in 11 seem a lot slower than in 10 and just don't seem to be able to run past defenders aswell, which is highly annoying. So it seems that to win a game you have to knock it 20 yars and run after it...

And I'm a goalkeeper myself so I was excited for the feature but it is boring as fuck. You only get about 2-3 saves to make and it's piss easy with all the assisstance turned off. After one 'FIFA' week against Bayerm Munich I got bored and simmed the rest of the season for the achievement.

Tad dissapointed, might even have a go of PES this year? The demo is awesome btw :)

Oh and this might be me spazzing up but don't the Top 4 qualify for the Champions League each year in England? Because I finished 4th in the league (after I forfeted the last game so Liverpool coulden't become champions) and this year I'm in the Europa League :S is is just me of have FIFA cocked up with the entry levels for each cup?

Edited by dark

• 3 months later...

is everyone still loving this now theyve had it for a while? I finally ordered it (after being told for months i was getting it for Christmas, turns out noone got it) and wondering if its still liked by everyone! Ive not played a fifa since '00 (except 09 on the DS, but that is shite) so im a bit nervous, all sounds very complicated to me

• 1 month later...

Is it true you can download Goodison and Z-Cars to the PS3?

I think im getting the hand of things now. Signed Charlie Adam and Lukaku and even upped the difficulty to Professional again! Still cant get the hang of tricks, corners or heading (that used to be so easy) but its turning out to be great fun!

• 4 weeks later...

thats seriously fuckin annoying. An update/sync has wiped half my squad (i have numbers instead of names with bizarre ratings from -12 to 168), I can just about field 11 players but only 7 turn up on the pitch and then the game freezes mid-match. Anyone had this problem?