IGNORED

"we'll Come Out Fighting"

Romey 1878

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/22/-we-ll-come-out-fighting-

I won't be holding my breath, it's been done to death already this season. I said it in another thread; our players are very good at talking but games are won with actions. It's about time they shut their mouths and started grafting on the pitch. Where it matters.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/22/-we-ll-come-out-fighting-

I won't be holding my breath, it's been done to death already this season. I said it in another thread; our players are very good at talking but games are won with actions. It's about time they shut their mouths and started grafting on the pitch. Where it matters.

I agree fully.... stop the jibber-jabba on the website and start performing!

I think everyone is panicking for no reason to be honest. We've just been unlucky. The villa performance was great all that was missing was goals. Man U was a good performance too. OK Newcastle was shite & Ill admit I didnt see last nights but we have a good squad a good manager and great fans. Lets back the team and show them we have a bit of faith in them. It goes a long way.

If were in this istuation after 10 games then starting sh1ting it!

To be fair, they're probably all contractually obliged to talk to journalists, especially the ones working or the website. So what are they supposed to say? "Yeah, we've been crap, and I think we'll probably be crap next game, too." It's just a interview stereotype to say "The season starts here" etc., just like scoring two in a 3-2 defeat and saying you'd rather not have scored at all if the team could have won etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't read so much into it.

Edited by tonyhibbertshairline

To be fair, they're probably all contractually obliged to talk to journalists, especially the ones working or the website. So what are they supposed to say? "Yeah, we've been crap, and I think we'll probably be crap next game, too." It's just a interview stereotype to say "The season starts here" etc., just like scoring two in a 3-2 defeat and saying you'd rather not have scored at all if the team could have won etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't read so much into it.

It'd just be nice that if, after giving these interviews, they actually went out there and did what they said they'd do.

C'mon Moyes we expect u to leave all bad decisions aside and properly regroup our team motivate them and plz win against fulham so dat we could salvage some pride in this history relished great side of ours!!! i hope if u fail to turn on the ppl who praised u so much for champs league spot deservedly earned the same ones will be saying "Moyes has run out of ideas and he is no more than shiteee" So kindly all support moyes for the cause of everton and let us pray we win!!!!

I am from india and new to this forumn and i have loved everton for the last 8 years wen i got a chance of following them only in tv not on pitch- i hope so i can achieve dat in two more years!!

Blue is my color and even my blood is blue!!!!!

C'mon Moyes we expect u to leave all bad decisions aside and properly regroup our team motivate them and plz win against fulham so dat we could salvage some pride in this history relished great side of ours!!! i hope if u fail to turn on the ppl who praised u so much for champs league spot deservedly earned the same ones will be saying "Moyes has run out of ideas and he is no more than shiteee" So kindly all support moyes for the cause of everton and let us pray we win!!!!

I am from india and new to this forumn and i have loved everton for the last 8 years wen i got a chance of following them only in tv not on pitch- i hope so i can achieve dat in two more years!!

Blue is my color and even my blood is blue!!!!!

Welcome mate, and great decision following the mighty blues!

An yeah romey i hate reading those stories... Phil says yak will improve... baines thinks beckford will score soon... that type of shit does my head in. Meaningless crap!

Fulham away? fuck sake it dont get any easier for us :(

Welcome to the forum, it's the best of it's kind imho.

I too would like to see action, I don't think Moyes would resign but who knows... it's not like he's been given a large budget and then failed..

Maybe unrest from Pienaar and perhaps something to do with Gosling's exit??? even so, it should affect performances...

I'd like to see Johnny in place of Distin next match, if not then Johnny benched... we need to play Bily, he's not going to miraculously start pulling performances out of his arse without lots of game time to increase confidence... to me he seemed a lot thinner in the face when he came on against Newcastle, hopefully that means he's trying hard to increase his fitness.. Can we see Magaye subbed on this weekend??? 2 strikers???? Be interested to see if we bring anyone in this January...

to be fair, the article with Neville in the Echo was spot on, he said the things I've been waiting to hear all season. It's not about trying to be Spain and trying to pass teams into submission, we need to realise our limitations and actually go for the jugular. I don't want long ball stuff but we need to get men into the box and actual throw some balls and bodies into the box. I like what he said this time and I think he means it, it appears that too many players (and fans like me) were too obsessed with how good we could be and where we may finish the season rather than playing each match on it's own merits. Let's just concentrate on giving 100%, the rest will take care of itself.

Some players (and the manager) need to take a look at themselves and Anichebe needs to get fit. I think this could be a turning point in our season, Everton are brilliant at bouncing back, it's pretty much the only time you know what Everton team will turn up. Fulham better watch out at the weekend. We need Cahill back and we need to get after them from the first whistle and no more poncing about on the halfway line.

We won't get a win at Craven Cottage, our record there is not good, and they're no mugs, (remember they got to the Europa League final just a few months ago).

I also think we'll go there and put in a good performance, however, unless Schwarzer is feeling generous, and wants to let in a few for us, we certainly won't score more than one, and we'll definitely let at least one in our end, so I'm going for another disappointing draw: 1-1

The whole thing about us performing best under Moyes when we've got our backs to the wall and are underdogs is getting very very tiresome - why do we have to be utter shite before we get good again? We have to face facts - Moyes does not prepare his players properly in pre-season, with a fully fit squad he doesnt know what his best 11 is and when things are going badly he is utterly inept tactically, he has no plan B. Coming out fighting is all well and good - I want them to start looking like a well-drilled unit that can do the basics of defending adeptly, keeping possession and creating and finishing chances, all in the same game, for a full 90 minutes. And considering how long most of this squad has been together, there really is no excuse for how poor they've been so far this season.