IGNORED

Baines

Guest Nikica

i'd hardly call the last point an attack...it is a general opinion of a lot of people and if i'm right and he assumed that i'm sure it was nothin personal...no need to go all mr blonde about it dude

To be fair, his slurs probably were personal - he's thought I was anti-PL and pro-Europe and top clubs since the Kopite thread where we had the 'Messi, Ronaldo' debate. I'm not of course, but never mind.

Edited by Nikica

i don't reckon so but possibly they were but that's between you and him..but you don't know if they were so i don't see why you should jump and dance about it until you know otherwise..if they were personal then that's a different ball game and then you can go on the defensive..it just makes you appear a bit of a turd if you get uppity

Guest Nikica

i don't reckon so but possibly they were but that's between you and him..but you don't know if they were so i don't see why you should jump and dance about it until you know otherwise..if they were personal then that's a different ball game and then you can go on the defensive..it just makes you appear a bit of a turd if you get uppity

Yeah, true. I've calmed down now anyway. Just felt like everyone was having a go in regards to Baines etc. I know I didn't do myself any favours with the 'would anyone in Europe seriously rate him as world-class' stuff, but ya know.

Guest blueboy122

This is flawed as well. I rate certain players outside of the 'super clubs' as world-class. The fact I don't rate Baines as world-class doesn't mean I think anyone who doesn't play for Barca, Real Madrid, Munich etc can't be world-class.

I reckon your own Fellaini could be world-class soon, for example. I'd rate him above the likes of Real's Khedira and Barcelona's Keita and Mascherano.

You said yourself though when we were saying how good baines is and how much evertonians rate him why arent the like of Barcelona etc looking at him. Not arsed mate to be honest, but you are so fucking annoying you just dismiss people "this is flawed" who are you the prime minister. Its all a debate you think that anyone who has a different opinion to you is stupid and retarded and there argument cant possibly have any truth in it.

Anywau back to the point I was just saying in general that most of Europes fans are like that, all players get the plaudits if they are playing for the bigger sides. Look at the England team for the Euro as an example, Andy Carrol included, Henderson included, Downing included, people just seem t favour players from bigger clubs, but I suppose we are all guilty of that at times. But read my post again mate I never once aimed it at you.

"Its the usual because he is at Everton and not at United, Barca, Munich etc tht he isnt classed as world class. I couldnt care less ab out tags."

So stop crying William Wallis.

Guest Nikica

You said yourself though when we were saying how good baines is and how much evertonians rate him why arent the like of Barcelona etc looking at him. Not arsed mate to be honest, but you are so fucking annoying you just dismiss people "this is flawed" who are you the prime minister. Its all a debate you think that anyone who has a different opinion to you is stupid and retarded and there argument cant possibly have any truth in it.

Anywau back to the point I was just saying in general that most of Europes fans are like that, all players get the plaudits if they are playing for the bigger sides. Look at the England team for the Euro as an example, Andy Carrol included, Henderson included, Downing included, people just seem t favour players from bigger clubs, but I suppose we are all guilty of that at times. But read my post again mate I never once aimed it at you.

"Its the usual because he is at Everton and not at United, Barca, Munich etc tht he isnt classed as world class. I couldnt care less ab out tags."

So stop crying William Wallis.

Fair enough mate, maybe you didn't direct it at me, and if so, I apologise. I agree with you about the Liverpool players, most/all of those mentioned are wank.

With Baines, I just meant that even though a lot of fantastic players play for lesser teams, quite often they are picked up by CL level teams - there was no malice in it. I like Baines a lot I just don't rate him quite as highly as some of you do. I know people who rate Baines far less than I do so it's not like I'm being a cunt and calling him shite etc.

As for the rest of it - you've got me all wrong mate. I am not like that at all, honestly. I said it was 'flawed' because (and I assumed you were talking about me at the time), there's examples which prove that theory incorrect in my case. It isn't meant in a smug manner - it's just the way I speak. I'm used to using terminology like that from writing essays.

Also, there's no need for you to keep harping back to my nationality ('William Wallace' etc). Why do that?

I'm not here for heated arguments mate and I've liked reading some of your posts (when I am not arguing with you). I've calmed down now after the whole debacle and I don't think we need to do this. Why can't we just clear the slate and debate in a friendly manner in future, even when we disagree?

This thread is just stupid!

One little tip Nikica, if you reply to every reply you get, and then someone else replys, and you reply to them, and so on and so on, you find yourself replying to four or five people with pretty much the same answer. It can feel like your being attacked when four or five individuals disagree with you, but if you read it all back you will see its just a different opinon.

My view, enough top managers in the game have commented on him being one of the best around, i trust the opinion of professionals.

Now, everybody get along nicely before I start waving cards around like Howard Webb on crack!

yellow CARD.PNGRed card.pngRed card.pngyellow CARD.PNGRed card.pngyellow CARD.PNGRed card.pngRed card.pngyellow CARD.PNGyellow CARD.PNGRed card.pngRed card.png

Edited by StevO

Guest Nikica

This thread is just stupid!

One little tip Nikica, if you reply to every reply you get, and then someone else replys, and you reply to them, and so on and so on, you find yourself replying to four or five people with pretty much the same answer. It can feel like your being attacked when four or five individuals disagree with you, but if you read it all back you will see its just a different opinon.

My view, enough top managers in the game have commented on him being one of the best around, i trust the opinion of professionals.

Fair point, but Pele (arguably the best player ever) is world-famous for having ridiculous opinions. Also, most of those views on Baines come from within England...not internationally.

I'm not having a go at Baines, I am just saying if you are going to take professional opinion at face value every time you might as well shut down every football forum on the internet, and outlaw football discussion in pubs.

These same 'professionals' voted Kyle Walker as having a better season than Sergio Aguero. That's players, not managers, but the point still stands.

Besides, people in football are notoriously diplomatic and complimentary.

Edited by Nikica

Guest blueboy122

Fair enough mate, maybe you didn't direct it at me, and if so, I apologise. I agree with you about the Liverpool players, most/all of those mentioned are wank.

With Baines, I just meant that even though a lot of fantastic players play for lesser teams, quite often they are picked up by CL level teams - there was no malice in it. I like Baines a lot I just don't rate him quite as highly as some of you do. I know people who rate Baines far less than I do so it's not like I'm being a cunt and calling him shite etc.

As for the rest of it - you've got me all wrong mate. I am not like that at all, honestly. I said it was 'flawed' because (and I assumed you were talking about me at the time), there's examples which prove that theory incorrect in my case. It isn't meant in a smug manner - it's just the way I speak. I'm used to using terminology like that from writing essays.

Also, there's no need for you to keep harping back to my nationality ('William Wallace' etc). Why do that?

I'm not here for heated arguments mate and I've liked reading some of your posts (when I am not arguing with you). I've calmed down now after the whole debacle and I don't think we need to do this. Why can't we just clear the slate and debate in a friendly manner in future, even when we disagree?

Fair Enough. It just seems like your anti England so much and everyone who plays in England thats why I mention Wallace as he was anti England also as history and Mel Gibsons shows us. Its just the way it comes across in your posts thats all. No worries.

Guest blueboy122

Fair point, but Pele (arguably the best player ever) is world-famous for having ridiculous opinions. Also, most of those views on Baines come from within England...not internationally.

I'm not having a go at Baines, I am just saying if you are going to take professional opinion at face value every time you might as well shut down every football forum on the internet, and outlaw football discussion in pubs.

These same 'professionals' voted Kyle Walker as having a better season than Sergio Aguero. That's players, not managers, but the point still stands.

Besides, people in football are notoriously diplomatic and complimentary.

Kyle Walker probably has had a better season that Aguero, if its based on personal acheievments, he is a young lad coming through, ceminted his place in the spurs first team and would have probably been first choice Right back in the Euro's if he wasnt injured. Maybe because the bar is so high for players like Aguero then getting 20 goals or what ever he got wasnt good enough for him to have a better season than someone who has personally acheieved more. Why is it every thread goes way off topic with you haha.

Edited by blueboy122

Guest Nikica

Fair Enough. It just seems like your anti England so much and everyone who plays in England thats why I mention Wallace as he was anti England also as history and Mel Gibsons shows us. Its just the way it comes across in your posts thats all. No worries.

I'm not anti-English mate. I admit I don't want them to do well at football, but that's due to the media and the players who play for them etc.

I watch the PL every week and some of my favourite players play there. Aguero is one of my favourite players for instance. At the same time, I think there's a lot wrong with the English game, in the same way as I think there's a lot wrong with the Spanish and Italian games.

Oh, and Braveheart is a joke of a film. Good watch but not to be taken seriously on a historical level.

Edited by Nikica

Guest blueboy122

To be fair I dont like the England team but I love the premier league. I will be supporting Ireland or another under dogs this summer.

Guest Nikica

Kyle Walker probably has had a better season that Aguero, if its based on personal acheievments, he is a young lad coming through, ceminted his place in the spurs first team and would have probably been first choice Right back in the Euro's if he wasnt injured. Maybe because the bar is so high for players like Aguero then getting 20 goals or what ever he got wasnt good enough for him to have a better season than someone who has personally acheieved more. Why is it every thread goes way off topic with you haha.

It hasn't went off-topic because of me - I am replying to something the other lad said i.e. bringing professional opinion into it.

Richards is better than Walker imo. As for Walker v Aguero: the award is supposed to go to the young player who had the better season, not the most improved young player. As it is Aguero should be considered too old for the award anyway, but he isn't. so should have won for me (and many others).

Walker isn't that good imo. Just a product of media hype.

I don't see how Walker achieved more personally either - Aguero was one of the best players in the title-winning side and scored the goal which won said title. Walker did fuck all really, just the London-centric press talking him up. Getting into the England team is hardly a big achievement - look at the state of their squad.

Although, I accept that the awards were voted for ages before the season ends (which is fucking silly).

Edited by Nikica

I swear I give up on this thread!

I cant get this reading time back you know lads?! Fair enough i'm on work time, but I could be doing something productive, instead i;ve read three pages of crap, and at the end of it we have got no where.

This thread is a perfect example of why the human race hasnt found a cure for the common cold, because we are a bunch of egotistics who cant be wrong. Instead of moving onto something new and more productive we persist with the same shit.

I'm bored now, so i'll go and sit in traffic for an hour instead, its more interesting than half of this crap!

Dont get mad at me, just speaking my mind.

I don't see how Walker achieved more personally either - Aguero was one of the best players in the title-winning side and scored the goal which won said title. Walker did fuck all really, just the London-centric press talking him up. Getting into the England team is hardly a big achievement - look at the state of their squad.

Aguero was expected to be good, and was good.

Walker had no expectation of being good, yet he was good too.

In comparisson, one of them did what they were expected to do, the other did better.

I think thats why.

Another example, no one is surprised when Rooney scores 15 goals a season, he is expected to, its probably a bad season for him. but Grant Holt scores 15, hes done damn well.

Its all about expectation levels.

Now, the M6 has my name all over it!

Guest Nikica

Aguero was expected to be good, and was good.

Walker had no expectation of being good, yet he was good too.

In comparisson, one of them did what they were expected to do, the other did better.

I think thats why.

Another example, no one is surprised when Rooney scores 15 goals a season, he is expected to, its probably a bad season for him. but Grant Holt scores 15, hes done damn well.

Its all about expectation levels.

Now, the M6 has my name all over it!

Deleted.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

was he really talking down to you? i didn't see it myself...think you're bein a little over-sensitive

Deleted.

Edited by Nikica

maybe it's cos aguero was nominated for player of the year and the people who voted thought it would be bad to vote for him for both cos he surely can't have been that far off? personally i don't think you should be allowed to be nominated for both...as for the slyness i really don't think so and personally think you're bein worse with your reaction...callin him a prick and his posts cuntish are out of order...you believe he slyly had a go at you...pm him and tell him you don't like it...don't slag him

Guest Nikica

maybe it's cos aguero was nominated for player of the year and the people who voted thought it would be bad to vote for him for both cos he surely can't have been that far off? personally i don't think you should be allowed to be nominated for both...as for the slyness i really don't think so and personally think you're bein worse with your reaction...callin him a prick and his posts cuntish are out of order...you believe he slyly had a go at you...pm him and tell him you don't like it...don't slag him

deleted.

Edited by Nikica

like steve said just read though pages of shite,

heard baines come back onto the pitch with his kids at the last game when everyone had gone back down the tunnel wasnt there at this point (assuming he was saying goodbye) so I dont no how true it is but I would much rather baines went than johnny/fellani even if he is one of our best.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Guest Nikica

Aye, to be fair you're right Blue4Ever. I apologise for my part in all the pettiness.

I have also deleted my comments to Stevo, so as to save any arguments. I can't be bothered with them and I probably did overreact. (I wasn't abusive towards him, other than once implying his one of his posts was cuntish, I just replied in the same tone as I originally felt he had replied to me).

Apologies and hopefully the thread can get back on track now. Mods should probably just delete all the shite from the last few pages and leave the relevant posts in. I don't want to argue with people so would rather leave it there now.

Edited by Nikica

Would be gutted if Baines was to go regardless of ammount, but obviously the higher the fee the better.

I do find some of the ridiculous £5m rumours a joke though and wuite clearly made up to get some interest and controversy.

I'm not sure though if what the papers print actually is libelous, as it's branded as gossip/rumour not fact.

Not too bothered about anything posted, nikica sent me a pm and all is cool.

Most people know I'm just taking the piss when I rant, but it can be hard to see that without knowing my style. No harm done anywhere.

From my iPhone