IGNORED

Baines

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Garbutt was played the other night as pitch was deemed a little risky, very slippy etc, thats why Jags was also rested apparently.

£20m for Baines? add another £10m and you have the start point. How does Kenwright do the pricing? Given his visibility I doubt very much he has been quoted anything.

Phrased that wrong, yes agree he was prob playing to allow for rest as he was on international duty along with Jags and Cahill (exception being Johny H?).

The point was people cry out and to give youth a chance he does and all of a sudden we are selling dry.png (agree it was only a friendly)

Edited by scouse

• 1 month later...

Interesting to see his family split and support Liverpool even though he plays for us. To be fair, if I had a cousin who played for Liverpool I would want him to do well but could never switch.

If I had a lad who went on to play for Liverpool? blimey that is a tough one, you want everything for your kids but I could not support the shite again (I actually was a fan till 8 years old, my brother took me to a match, first sight of goodison and I was sold, never been to anfield)

I would be the lads agent and work go get the move to everton, imagine that? Your kid playing for everton?! I speak to nugents dad often, it's his dream for nugent to play for us. Not gonna happen now I don't think. Pity, could do with him at the moment.

Interesting to see his family split and support Liverpool even though he plays for us. To be fair, if I had a cousin who played for Liverpool I would want him to do well but could never switch.

If I had a lad who went on to play for Liverpool? blimey that is a tough one, you want everything for your kids but I could not support the shite again (I actually was a fan till 8 years old, my brother took me to a match, first sight of goodison and I was sold, never been to anfield)

I would be the lads agent and work go get the move to everton, imagine that? Your kid playing for everton?! I speak to nugents dad often, it's his dream for nugent to play for us. Not gonna happen now I don't think. Pity, could do with him at the moment.

If your kid got spotted by another club (as if often the way) - They treated him well, made first team, and were heading for champions league, OR he got offered a move to Everton vs another club in CL (even your rivals) - wouldn't you ultimately want your son to go as far as he could in the game?

It would be great if you could combine the two, but if not, I think I'd rather see mine (too late now!) lifting the CL trophy with United than playing for City in winning nothing. And if if he said "dad, will you come and watch me?"... I'd be there for my son.... and I reckon, deep down, you'd be there in a shot too!

If your kid got spotted by another club (as if often the way) - They treated him well, made first team, and were heading for champions league, OR he got offered a move to Everton vs another club in CL (even your rivals) - wouldn't you ultimately want your son to go as far as he could in the game?

It would be great if you could combine the two, but if not, I think I'd rather see mine (too late now!) lifting the CL trophy with United than playing for City in winning nothing. And if if he said "dad, will you come and watch me?"... I'd be there for my son.... and I reckon, deep down, you'd be there in a shot too!

Yes I think I would. Football is importnt I suppose but no way can it ever be as important as family. Scuse me while I stab my brother who is a red.

I don't know if Moyes has given Baines specific instructions, but I'm not too impressed with him so far this season. He looks to be half arsed and isn't getting forward anything like as much as we are used to.

could say that about all the players really....

It's nice to see in the article that he still hasn't given up on doing the CL thing with Everton too. Despite it being well out of reach at the moment.

Be a difficult one for me, if my lad decided to play for Liverpool or Wigan (If he got the chance in RL). I'd hope he played well, and then got a move to better club. lol

• 6 months later...