IGNORED

Baines

If we did sell Baines and replaced him with a lb that ended up with the forward prowess of Tony Hibbert then we'd be relegated is that really worth 20-25 million quid? I dont fcuking think so.

I still dont believe if we lost one player we would be relegated even if he played like Hibbo! The funds even if not the full funds would be used to plug the gap in goals/assists and buy a striker and/or midfielder with pace which you would hope would compensate for the loss of Baines. I still believe that if we got 20 mill plus Bridge and brought in nobody we would not be relegated, however I am sure that Moyes would stipulate that if that deal mentioned was on the table that he would have some if not all the funds to invest in the squad. We can agree to disagree on this one and as I keep reiterating I am not for minute saying lets sell, I am merely stating that if it did go ahead it would not be the doom and gloom that people are making out.

£10million to replace the current best LB in Europe... you'd really be happy with that?

No, we get Bridge and 20 mill thats the deal we are discussing, not 10 mill to replace him. As I have said I am not for the deal, but we need to raise money an manage our debt somehow and if this is what we have to do then so beit it would not lead to us being relegated is all I am saying.

baines has about 8 years left at the top level, bridge has not been a top level performer for about three years.

to replace what baines gives us we need an up and coming left back and two wingers, all of proven quality.

will not happen.

on the other hand if baines comes out and says he wants to leave to further his career, he would have my best wishes. a play of his quality should not have to be stuck at a sell to buy club.

im even upset that i wouldnt blame him for wanting to go if he did.

• 2 weeks later...

25m is getting closer, that buys 1 leg... Still never going to happen though :)

Yep then 25 for his other leg then we have to take into account his boots! Theres a lot of bad feeling between them and us even Neville gave Mancini a gobfull after the game at Goodison so with any luck Baines wont want to go there anyway!

I don't think we'd turn down £25million tbh.

I just dont see him leaving even if we did accept, which i dont think we will. Nearly half our goals went through him this season, god knows how many with Pienaar to link up with and thats worth more than the cash. At least, long term....

I just dont see him leaving even if we did accept, which i dont think we will. Nearly half our goals went through him this season, god knows how many with Pienaar to link up with and thats worth more than the cash. At least, long term....

I really think we would accept that though you know, but I'm hoping he wouldn't want to go.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blueboy122

To be honest if they came in with £20 million plus wayne bridge it would have to be accepted, wayne bridge is a really good player in my opinion and with him as the direct replacment and 20 million to spend what a great deal that could be, I would also say to leighton, we dont want to lose you however that offer is to good to turn down and go fill your boots at man city have a great retirement!

Id haggle for 12 million plus Adam Johnson and Wayne Bridge and play the pair of them down the left. We then have money for a strike and can play Pip and Arteta/Coleman down the right. That said i love Leighton Baines and would also be delighted if he stayed.

Edited by smeghead1

To be honest if they came in with £20 million plus wayne bridge it would have to be accepted, wayne bridge is a really good player in my opinion and with him as the direct replacment and 20 million to spend what a great deal that could be, I would also say to leighton, we dont want to lose you however that offer is to good to turn down and go fill your boots at man city have a great retirement!

Seriously? He has no real qualities for me He is slow as fuck and reads the game as well as Dave spells, I wouldn't want to sell Baines if I did it would be for a stupid amount of money and thats in today's overinflated market aswell.

He's a core player who without this and the last couple of seasons we would have been fucked without, Thanks but no thanks you can keep the clingon.

i think the only club willing to spend £25 million is City and i might be totally wrong but Baines doesnt seem the type of lad to go for the money because i imagine he must be on near 50 grand a week. If City come in and offer daft money and he wants to go he would go with my blessing. I wouldnt have wayne bridge anywhere near goodison. I seriously rate Boyette and would take him. Johnson would probably be in our wage bracket at the moment but i think he is destined for an Arsenal or Chelsea. Milner would be nice but on too much wages.So i'd take Boyette and £22 mill. Get Djalo, Gerviniho, Klose, Ba, and that Celtic left back.

Wenger has turned himself into a thrifty pensioner, years of needed penny pinching and getting class buys for a fraction of their worth has conditioned him to doing it on the cheap. Now with his super duper house he is trying to furnish it on the cheap. I used to like him, he's become a bit of a joke now, must be frustrating being a gooner, 4 class players off a team that could challenge barca if only he would spend cash. (benzema, reina, Schneider, gary Cahill)

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-City-Everton-news-Leighton-Baines-target-in-part-exchange-deal-around-10m-and-two-players-potentially-Emmanuel-Adebayor-Craig-Bellamy-Nedum-Onuoha-Shaun-Wright-Phillips-Wayne-Bridge-article753986.html

Apparently ready to offer £10mil plus our choice of two of their players. What do you guys think? I wouldn't mind having two from Adebayor, Johnson, Boyata or Onuoha and we'd still have the extra cash to spend on some other players depending on who we get from them.

Edit: Throw Kolarov into that list as well. Him plus Adebayor, spend the cash on N'Zogbia and I'd be a happy man.

Edited by American Evertonian

Any swap deal would need to involve milner and/or a.johnson for it to be a good deal for us - the players that will be offered will be 2 from SWP/Bellamy/Bridge/Boyata/M.Johnson plus £10m or 1 from Santa Cruz/Jo/Onhuora plus £10m - I would be v.pissed off if it's either of the later scenario's but to be honest if we got a deal say Milner/Johnson plus Bellamy/Boyata/money then I would be tempted.