IGNORED

Baines

£10m plus Adam Johnson and Onuoha may be a good deal, probably putting Baines in the £30m region. That would give us the money to buy Nzogbia also.

Adebuyor...bad for dressing room.

The only way such a deal will work is if city contribute to the inflated wages the players are on for their contract. Horrible to have to get rid of class to strengthen the team but hey ho, get used to it.

we are getting into desperate measures soon, we need cash from somewhere, maybe Johnson/Milner and Bellamy/Boyata, + the cash, other than that id say no tbh

Have to say Johnson is a far better player than Nzogbia, it could be a blessing in disguise this?

Edited by theprisoner

Said it before, and i'll say it again.. Baines is a vital part of our team and there is no way we should even contemplate selling him. Sell Rodwell, we would get just as much as we would for Baines without loosing a vital player.

My first thought is this exactly, Baines is vital. But I must admit that 10 mil plus 2 of the above mentioned players is a tempting thought.

My first thought is this exactly, Baines is vital. But I must admit that 10 mil plus 2 of the above mentioned players is a tempting thought.

yes he is, but we can't even get the money for a down payment on Nzogbia at the moment, its a shambles, we have the option of getting maybe money and 2 players here, we might not have alot of choice

Why though? the £10m plus City Dead wood? or £20-£25m for Rodwell upfront to get a winger or two and a striker?, dont like Bellamy think he's a twat and wouldnt fit in at all, although i think he's a decent player, but SWP is gash and i dont know wether people are talking about Adam or Micheal Johnson... Adam i would take in a heart beat but i cant really see that happening and Micheal? didnt the lad break is leg and put on 10 stone? what sort of state is he in now? :blink:

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Having a £30m asset like Baines when we need strength elsewhere is a little like putting gold plated taps in an old bathroom where you need a new sink, toilet and bath. I know it is brilliant having such a marquee full back when most clubs are crying out for one but we may well be best cashing in and having a solid left back as oppposed to a world class one with strength in other areas of the pitch where we badly need it.

People may point to how many assists etc he gets us, but I honestly believe it is because he does the job others fail to do. Get players in that can do that job and his value will be less evident in terms of stats. For me - he is the most effective left back in the league due to his ability going forward, maybe not the best defender (strength, arial ability). At city he will have Silva in front of him who will take ownership for beating a man and getting a ball in which will reduce the need for him to bomb on.

If losing baines means we get quality wide men, a steady left back and a centre forward who can get 15-20 goals then I feel it's worth it.

our board haven't mentioned the players we would get back if it is the case..people on here have..nothin do with our board what i said

no mate it was more of a general point tbh, stated article said it would be Adabeyor and Onhuoa, neither of which i think any of us really want

Edited by theprisoner

This signing would be more of a case of them trying to weaken us, rather than strengthen them. They done this to Villa the last 2 seasons(Barry, Milner) and they don't even look like a top half team anymore and made it a lot easier for Young and possibly Downing to leave this summer. We done well to keep everyone last season and it would be a waste of the increased wages if we start selling them now as well as make it more difficult to keep on to our other 'marquee' players

Having a £30m asset like Baines when we need strength elsewhere is a little like putting gold plated taps in an old bathroom where you need a new sink, toilet and bath. I know it is brilliant having such a marquee full back when most clubs are crying out for one but we may well be best cashing in and having a solid left back as oppposed to a world class one with strength in other areas of the pitch where we badly need it.

People may point to how many assists etc he gets us, but I honestly believe it is because he does the job others fail to do. Get players in that can do that job and his value will be less evident in terms of stats. For me - he is the most effective left back in the league due to his ability going forward, maybe not the best defender (strength, arial ability). At city he will have Silva in front of him who will take ownership for beating a man and getting a ball in which will reduce the need for him to bomb on.

If losing baines means we get quality wide men, a steady left back and a centre forward who can get 15-20 goals then I feel it's worth it.

could we get all them for 30m? don't think we could...quality striker will cost at least half that and what kind of steady left back? probably looking at 5m+ for an average one nowadays..i just don't think it's worth losing a player of such quality when we wanna build..also when we have other options to sell

could we get all them for 30m? don't think we could...quality striker will cost at least half that and what kind of steady left back? probably looking at 5m+ for an average one nowadays..i just don't think it's worth losing a player of such quality when we wanna build..also when we have other options to sell

yeah but nobody wants to buy them though(our options to sell) people keep saying about selling Rodwell for £20m+, for starters he aint worth it, and nobody has come in for him, and i doubt they will either, the only possiblity would be Arteta back to Spain, but no offer has been made, just a link so far, wheras city tend to bid for who they say even if they are not succesful, unless there is something we don't know, i really don't see how we can turn this offer down? but i think we should look for cash rather than player + cash

Edited by theprisoner

Probably not to be honest, but i'm trying to be optimistic depsite our pitiful financial position...

The thing is imagine the price Rodwell would be if he actually had a decent season?! At the mo 20mil is being banded about for someone who hasnt reallly had an impact at all, yet should he kick on next season and show us the player he is 'meant' to be, then you could probably add another 10-15mil on to that figure. :blink:

I think Moyes and the board know this and will be prepared to wait and gamble on him progressing, so I doubt he will leave this summer.