IGNORED

Baines

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you may well laugh but i heard this rumour about 5/6 weeks ago i was just hoping it wasnt true baines at the moment is our best player....the fee i was told was 15 million...if you look at it realisticly its liverpools weakest position they just dont have a left back on thier books...baines didnt go to bayern because his wife didnt want to move.i heard they offered him 150 grand a week we cant come close to that.

Liverpool were going to offer him 150k? Doesnt that smell slightly of BS?

so then his point is... pointless.... or am i missing something?

I think his point is that it's not money that's going to influence Baines but the location of the club that's after him. And with Liverpool being local to him it's a more likely move.

I'd bet any money that he doesn't sign for the shite.

I think his point is that it's not money that's going to influence Baines but the location of the club that's after him. And with Liverpool being local to him it's a more likely move.

I'd bet any money that he doesn't sign for the shite.

Thought he was a boyhood blue anyway?

Anyway, cant see it happening either, 10m is an insult for one of the best LBs in the world, plus he signed a new 5year deal last summer didnt he?

my point is if he baines gets offered silly money and we get 15 million he will go and we cant stop him.the players have the power to move on.

misread it before mate. I dont think its true in this case, even 15m is an insult. 18m for Johnson, 15m for Baines?!

I'd let him go at the right price... and I've done an equation to work out that price...

£19m (the price they paid for johnson) x productivity (the difference between goals/assists between baines and johnson this season) + an extra 10% (because it's Liverpoo) = fair price.

If anyone would like to work that out you can forward it to Kenny with kind regards!!! ;)

I'd let him go at the right price... and I've done an equation to work out that price...

£19m (the price they paid for johnson) x productivity (the difference between goals/assists between baines and johnson this season) + an extra 10% (because it's Liverpoo) = fair price.

If anyone would like to work that out you can forward it to Kenny with kind regards!!! ;)

19x11(two goals each, eleven assists to zero)=209+10%=229.9.

£229.9m please Ken.

"....they may have to give serious consideration to a £10 million bid."

When they've managed to pick themselves up off the floor and stopped crying with laughter :rolleyes: .

19x11(two goals each, eleven assists to zero)=209+10%=229.9.

£229.9m please Ken.

"....they may have to give serious consideration to a £10 million bid."

When they've managed to pick themselves up off the floor and stopped crying with laughter :rolleyes: .

Thanks Mike - that still sounds cheap so they may have to put some add-ons into the deal!!!

Totally shameless invention...

"Reports from the player suggest he does not want to join Everton’s fierce rivals Liverpool, but Tottenham is a more interesting proposition."

Baines on the phone to Caught Offside to keep them updated obviously :rolleyes: .

We're easy pickings for any side with our finances as they are, so get used to these stories mate.

its the lazy bullshit journalism, based purely on the writers observations. Its not news, it fiction most of the time. I wouldnt be surprised if they write this crap to set themselves up for a follow up article!

http://www.sport.co...._they_come.aspx

Subtle tapping up again.

I hate this man.

As much as I can understand your hatred of him, this time he just sounds like he's praising Baines. Theres no mention of "i'd luv to 'ave 'im in maar teeem" or anything like that. Maybe its so subtle it cant be seen Mark :P

What I cant get past is so many people thinking, still, that Cole is the best LB in the world!? Hes just not! Not even Englands best left back anymore!