IGNORED

Blackpool Team Vs Villa

No, what's ridiculous is that this is being investigated.

The PL/FA/whoever are effectively saying those players who came in are not good enough to play in this league. If that's the case then Blackpool should not have been allowed to register those players as part of their squad at the beginning of the season. But they were allowed to be registered so wtf is the problem with Holloway actually using that squad?

If Blackpool had won or even got a draw would there be all this shite? No chance.

maybe so but the squad is there to cover injuries and maybe rotate a few at a time..must say i wouldn't be happy if we made 10 unforced changes at any point in the season

No, the squad is there for a manager to choose from as he sees fit. If he wants to rotate 10 players then so be it. It's his choice, it's his team. It's not the FA's/PL's place to judge whether those changes were warranted or necessary, they allowed all of the clubs to submit a squad at the start of the season and that's that. It's not like Blackpool rolled over and died for Villa, they played their hearts out just like their players did against us. That's all you can ask for.

The amount of times Man United, Chelsea etc do it and no one bats an eyelid. But a so called lesser team like Blackpool or Wolves do it and there's uproar. That's more disrespectful than what Holloway did against Villa. That's saying that Man United's fringe players have more of a right to play than Blackpool's fringe players. Fuck that.

This whole thing has pissed me right off. Not you Marco, the situation.

i see what you're sayin but i'm just sayin i wouldn't be happy if we made 10 changes for a game...there are squad players and there are starters in my eyes and the whole squad isn't goin to be made up of starting 11 standard players..bigger teams have more quality in depth than the so called lesser teams do it's not sayin they have more of a right at all..i also can't remember man utd or chelsea making 10 changes for one game to be honest

..i also can't remember man utd or chelsea making 10 changes for one game to be honest

In principle I don't see that it matters if it's ten changes or two.

Either you're allowed to rest players (for the long term good of the team) or you're not.....and teams do it all the time.

Either you're allowed to rest players (for the long term good of the team) or you're not.....and teams do it all the time.

This.

If Coleman and Yakubu come back in for our game tomorrow does that mean we were being disrespectful to Bolton by prioritising our game against Arsenal? No it doesn't. Managers are there to do the best for the club, and if that involves resting players or changing the starting line-up entirely then that's his perogative.

If Blackpool get absolutely smashed today with their so called proper starting team and Holloway decides to completely change the side for the game after to the side that lost against Villa to give them a kick up the arse will they be investigated again? Or will people think he was justified doing the same thing that time? It's a crock of shit and I would just love to see the authorities try and investigate a top club for doing it. It wouldn't happen.

He has 25 players to play. So let him play them. I agree with Mark and Mike, he's the boss, he has a squad and he's using it. 10 or 2...why should the PL care? If anything, they should be congratulating him on fully utilising the WHOLE squad.

At the end of the day, as many have mentioned, if they had won, people would be raving about the versitility of his squad but they 'barely' lost and now its being investigated!? If United and Chelsea did do it, it would benefit every other than themselves, so whats the problem?

Will stick with 'Wiggy' on this!!

No, the squad is there for a manager to choose from as he sees fit. If he wants to rotate 10 players then so be it. It's his choice, it's his team. It's not the FA's/PL's place to judge whether those changes were warranted or necessary, they allowed all of the clubs to submit a squad at the start of the season and that's that. It's not like Blackpool rolled over and died for Villa, they played their hearts out just like their players did against us. That's all you can ask for.

The amount of times Man United, Chelsea etc do it and no one bats an eyelid. But a so called lesser team like Blackpool or Wolves do it and there's uproar. That's more disrespectful than what Holloway did against Villa. That's saying that Man United's fringe players have more of a right to play than Blackpool's fringe players. Fuck that.

Spot on.

guess i'm on my own on this one then...as i have said 2 or 3 players fine but changing a whole squad can mess with tactics and all sorts...you dont have 22 starters in a squad and i would be pissed off if we changed 10 players for one match that's what i'm sayin..you have squad players to come in and do the job when starters can't

as i have said 2 or 3 players fine but changing a whole squad can mess with tactics and all sorts...

But they're his tactics to mess with Marco, that's the point. He's not intentionally going to change things so that they lose, he wants to stay up! But he did what he obviously felt what was for the good of the club, he shouldn't be criticised for that.

Remember our FA Cup semi-final against Man United? They put out a team of fringe players and I can't recall it even being mentioned, certainly not in the press. It's just crap.

It shouldn't matter whether it's the cup or the league, if you're going to be annoyed about something then you should be annoyed about it no matter what.

Holloway's responsibility isn't to the likes of us and any other team though, it's to Blackpool Football Club. He took a risk and it backfired. It shouldn't be seen as anything other than that.

He has 25 players to play. So let him play them. I agree with Mark and Mike, he's the boss, he has a squad and he's using it. 10 or 2...why should the PL care? If anything, they should be congratulating him on fully utilising the WHOLE squad.

At the end of the day, as many have mentioned, if they had won, people would be raving about the versitility of his squad but they 'barely' lost and now its being investigated!? If United and Chelsea did do it, it would benefit every other than themselves, so whats the problem?

Im with you guys on this. There is simply no point in having the 25 man squad otherwise. If he had played most of his youth side I would agree with you Marco and I understand what your saying in principle on this but I personally dont think it can happen with so many games and so many competitions.

they're out of the league cup..fa cup ain't started yet..i would understand rotating between 20 players over 3/4 games but not over 2..i get what peopel are saying but to me it's not on..and again as i've said if we changed 10 players for one game i'd be well pissed off

I'm of the same thinking as you Marco, as i firmly believe that every manager should field his strongest 11, I also believe that those supporters who travel to away games and end up watching a reserve team are being cheated.

But unless there is an FA law to say they cant do it i dont see how they can make a fuss, the FA are tits of the highest calibre and should get sorted out before they try to impose themselves on the running of other teams.