IGNORED

Im Not An Alcoholic...!

Pat

And you are entitled to it, and i see where your coming from.

But if he only plays 3 or 4 games for us up to January, people will just look at his past 4 seasons record and give him a wide birth, we will be stuck with him.

If he stays until january he will have been paid ONE MILLION POUNDS (20k a week) by this Club, and he has given the Club nothing in return, and that should not continue.

January to May, Dont you think five months is long enough to get yourself fit. :blink::blink:

Far as i'm concerned he,s a waster, and he should be gone this transfer window..............If anybody will take him. :angry:

Edited by toffeelicker

Hmmmm, well if an employee of mine was an alcoholic (or similar drug addiction) I am afraid he/she wouldn't be an employee of mine anymore.

31026[/snapback]

Not grounds for dismissal. It's an illness and recognised as such by the World Health Organisation..would you sack someone because they got cancer?

Edited by mikeo

We are talking in terms of a business here...if they are not fit to do their job why should I be paying them?  If they have a sickness entitlement in their contract then I would obviously honour it...but businesses don't succeed by being all touchy feely with their employees, a business is there to make money.

31033[/snapback]

Businesses do succeed by being touvhy feely at the right times

Yes, they are their to make money, but they get the best out of employees by helping them when needed, then the employee pays them back in hard work and doesn't fook off to the competition for being treated like poo by their selfish, in-adequate and out-of-date management.

If they have a sickness entitlement in their contract then I would obviously honour it...but businesses don't succeed by being all touchy feely with their employees.

I agree....... he's made a million pounds out of us while he's been here, so if he has got Drink related problems, he should sign into Tony Adams rehabilitation clinic and get it sorted.

Edited by toffeelicker

If they have a sickness entitlement in their contract then I would obviously honour it...but businesses don't succeed by being all touchy feely with their employees.

I agree....... he's made a million pounds out of us while he's been here, so if he has got Drink related problems, he should sign into Tony Adams rehabilitation clinic and get it sorted.

31066[/snapback]

He has probably already been in there - hence the blag injury (perhaps?)

Surely the point is: regardless of whether he likes a drink or not (and I'm sure he's not the only player out there who does) if he continues to be unable to play an active part in the club because of this or any other reason then the gaffer needs to decide if he's worth keeping. I personally have a lot of faith in Davey M so if he feels he is worth keeping then I support him.

Personally though, I haven't seen anything from him to make me think "we really need this player".