IGNORED

2011 - Year Of Change...

c1982

I believe there is going to be a massive upheavel (is that a word?! :blink: ) during this month and continuing during the summer...

Players potentially leaving:

Heitinga - seems obvious if a decent bid came in he's gone

Yakubu - same as JH

Pienaar - I don't think Moyes could reject a decent cash/ player exchange bid

Saha - if a bid from France comes in I imagine moyes wouldn't stand in the way

Vaughan - already been subject of a couple of bids just some valuation differences

Bily - would Moyes be able to reject a bid from a Russian team

Vic - hasn't signed a new contract yet

Yobo - out on-loan -> permanent?

...there's probably arguements for other players to! (I haven't even mentioned our luxary players - felli, rodwell, jags, baines - would these stay if above names were sold?!)

My worry is that Moyes has always had quite a small but settled squad in his time - it's clear that this is not a settled squad because there are too many question marks over the futures of too many players.

Are others worried/excited by this?

I would be excited because if we could clear out some of that top list then there are good players available who I believe would improve us e.g. jarvis - £4m, djallo - £3.5m, bentley - ?, krajancer - ? - but this is Everton so I'm dreaming!

I know it's all if's, but's and purely speculation but I've never remembered a time of change like this, in Moyes' era anyway.

Thoughts?

Edited by c1982

C1982, most of what you have written could happen although when a team is down the bottom players do not hold their market value as people realise there will be a desperation to sell. This coming year has to be one of change, we supporters have had our balloons burst too many times by this present squad. They may well stuff Spuds in the week but it will not change my mind about the shambles we have witnessed so far this season. The transfer window is open, who is expecting us to make any signings, planned any loan deals before the last day of the bloody window. If the club had a clue some, not all of course as that would be wanting too much, deals would be getting finalised as I write, some attempt to shore up the squad has been needed for some time even if it means bring Joey back from Turkey. However I forget this is Everton, everything done on the seat of their pants, not a plan in site, no doubt management are scouring the newspaper gossip columns in the same fashion we do the only diffidence being we'd get something done :blink::(

I put this on the Stoke matchday thread but i think it would be better suited here, just to re-iterate what c1982 has said.

Against the good sides like Chelsea, Man Utd, and Arsenal you can get away with saying we played well but just couldnt score, but when you lose to teams like Blackburn, Villa, Newcastle, West Brom, and Stoke, excuses are futile and it seems like a case of clutching at straws.

We cant even beat Wolves, Fulham, Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham, teams we would expect to beat every time if its our intention to finish in the top Six.

So i dont go along with this lame excuse, we have too many players who dont seem that interested in playing for the club, and others who are badly out of form. David Moyes has seriously lost the plot and has somehow upset them.

We need a massive clear out with all the strikers going for a start, Pienaar will be going, so then we have to look at Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, and Arteta.

We will have to have a complete makeover, if not in January then deffo in the Summer.

I put this on the Stoke matchday thread but i think it would be better suited here, just to re-iterate what c1982 has said.

Against the good sides like Chelsea, Man Utd, and Arsenal you can get away with saying we played well but just couldnt score, but when you lose to teams like Blackburn, Villa, Newcastle, West Brom, and Stoke, excuses are futile and it seems like a case of clutching at straws.

We cant even beat Wolves, Fulham, Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham, teams we would expect to beat every time if its our intention to finish in the top Six.

So i dont go along with this lame excuse, we have too many players who dont seem that interested in playing for the club, and others who are badly out of form. David Moyes has seriously lost the plot and has somehow upset them.

We need a massive clear out with all the strikers going for a start, Pienaar will be going, so then we have to look at Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, and Arteta.

We will have to have a complete makeover, if not in January then deffo in the Summer.

Even though we are playing poorly (understatement) I think a complete clear out in January would be suicidal. Expecting that many players to come in and gel quickly just doesnt happen.

I do agree with you that those who dont look interested in playing should go, just maybe in the summer. I dont doubt that they all have quality but if for whatever reason they arent motivated to play then its either them or the manager.

Would your complete makeover include Moyes? Coz this side was being tipped for top four this season, many of the players we're now talking about shipping out were outstanding second half of last season, can we stick with a manager that underachieves this badly with so much talent available?

I agree, a total overhall at this point would be crazy ( I am not saying it isnt needed, but lets leave that till the summer) and I believe we need at least 3 players in to give the squad a much needed boost. That said I believe we will lose the same amount player out on a perm basis leaving us with a smaller squad come the summer just in time for the total overhall....