IGNORED

No Money, Moyes To Walk?

Hafnia

Replicated here: http://7msport.com/n...109/52523.shtml

David Moyes is considering leaving Everton this summer following a meeting in which he was informed that the club could not even afford to pay for loan signings. The Everton manager is as disenchanted as he has been at Goodison Park, even as his side have begun to find form.

Club chairman Bill Kenwright has been looking for a buyer for Everton but without success so far.

Moyes still hopes to sell striker Yakubu this month which would give him some room for manoeuvre.

There is also the prospect of selling Stephen Pienaar, whose contract expires in the summer, but Everton would not get much more than £2million for the South African at this stage.

Original article author on twitter: http://twitter.com/DWhiteFootball

This is what he has to say:

1. @blueboy68 I hope he stays but the constraints are getting tighter. There needs to be investment or waste the good foundations DM has built. about 2 hours ago via web in reply to blueboy68
  2. @phil_riley No worries, it's an emotional thing football. I know how important DM is to Everton. about 2 hours ago via web in reply to phil_riley
  3. @mvflusk sorry no quotes but source sensitive. DM v frustrated at continued lack of funds. Hope he gets support and stays. about 2 hours ago via web in reply to mvflusk
  4. @MichaellBrew Hi Michael - not ready to walk out but seriously thinking about his future. Not asking much, just to get a loan player in. about 2 hours ago via web in reply to MichaellBrew
  5. @phil_riley Hope he stays too, doing a fantastic job. He's not asking the earth, just a bit of room to bring a player in, even on loan. about 2 hours ago via web in reply to phil_riley
  6. @phil_riley Hi Phil. Source is as good as it can get. He's v frustrated that he can't even get one player in. about 2 hours ago via web in reply to phil_riley

When moyes stated he wouldn't quit I believe that was in response to the state of our season and whether he was the man to get us out of it. Quitting is not on his make up, that I have no qualms about.

However, in being exposed to boo's, disgruntled fans, talk of relegation battles and six pointers, to finally see that he needs to change or be able to change his formation to win games any rejection of loan players is likely to spark off a reaction.

I have said for a while on here that the poor season is maybe what is required to smoke the "money men" out of our club, this may well be the first hand moyes plays.

To get where I want us to be the board needs to be changed, new owners, investors whatever! Only them can we truly assess moyes ability to manage a top premier league team. If he isn't the right man after being given money then goodbye, but we need to put the horse before the cart.

When moyes stated he wouldn't quit I believe that was in response to the state of our season and whether he was the man to get us out of it. Quitting is not on his make up, that I have no qualms about.

However, in being exposed to boo's, disgruntled fans, talk of relegation battles and six pointers, to finally see that he needs to change or be able to change his formation to win games any rejection of loan players is likely to spark off a reaction.

I have said for a while on here that the poor season is maybe what is required to smoke the "money men" out of our club, this may well be the first hand moyes plays.

To get where I want us to be the board needs to be changed, new owners, investors whatever! Only them can we truly assess moyes ability to manage a top premier league team. If he isn't the right man after being given money then goodbye, but we need to put the horse before the cart.

To be fair the vast majority of stick that Moyes has had has come from the internet fans or radio phone ins. Moyes still gets a good reception from the match going fans so I doubt that would be playing on his mind

To be fair the vast majority of stick that Moyes has had has come from the internet fans or radio phone ins. Moyes still gets a good reception from the match going fans so I doubt that would be playing on his mind

Really? The games I have been to I have been surrounded by people who were questioning moyes tactics. You don't have the ability to air your opinions to the manager at a match, however booing a performance or sub as generic as it is can only wound a manager.

The phone ins and Internet forums are a means for the fans to express their opinions clearly, not judge as a token to show their level of support. We all support everton and love them, our opinions as to how and why we are performing may differ. That's the beauty of there being so many of us.

Really? The games I have been to I have been surrounded by people who were questioning moyes tactics. You don't have the ability to air your opinions to the manager at a match, however booing a performance or sub as generic as it is can only wound a manager.

The phone ins and Internet forums are a means for the fans to express their opinions clearly, not judge as a token to show their level of support. We all support everton and love them, our opinions as to how and why we are performing may differ. That's the beauty of there being so many of us.

What I was trying to get at was that the fans are still chanting his name and getting behind him especially away from home

Whilst some may question his tactics/ substitutions I havent heard anyone calling for his head which is why I feel that the match going fans are still loyal to Moyes