IGNORED

New stadium.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A MERSEYSIDE council has told a developer - we do not want Everton FC's new stadium.

It means the Blues are unlikely to leave Goodison Park for a site close to Switch Island in Aintree even if a suggested move to Kirkby falls through.

Peel Holdings is working on a plan to build the Blues a new ground on green-belt land between the M57 and Brewery Lane in Melling.

It is an alternative to the proposal to build a 55,000-seater stadium in Kirkby town centre, revealed by the ECHO last week.

Peel, which owns John Lennon airport and Mersey Docks and Harbour Company, has held talks with the club and Sefton council about developing the land.

A MERSEYSIDE council has told a developer - we do not want Everton FC's new stadium.

It means the Blues are unlikely to leave Goodison Park for a site close to Switch Island in Aintree even if a suggested move to Kirkby falls through.

Peel Holdings is working on a plan to build the Blues a new ground on green-belt land between the M57 and Brewery Lane in Melling.

It is an alternative to the proposal to build a 55,000-seater stadium in Kirkby town centre, revealed by the ECHO last week.

Peel, which owns John Lennon airport and Mersey Docks and Harbour Company, has held talks with the club and Sefton council about developing the land.

33398[/snapback]

There could only be one name for a new stadium. Goodison Park........or maybe 'New Goodison'. As for its situation, the complainants are probably those who live within a stone's throw of the existing Goodison. For so many of us, a move to Knowlsley won't really phase us and hopefully car parking can be better organised. ;)

Spot on mate, parking is a big issue for a lot of people and to get that sorted would be a boost.

Only concern is perhaps a loss of atmosphere about 1/2 hour before the game, I enjoy the last walk around Goodison with a nice pint nestling in the old pasta pouch warming the cockles.

ATB

Mac

There could only be one name for a new stadium. Goodison Park........or maybe 'New Goodison'.  As for its situation, the complainants are probably those who live within a stone's throw of the existing Goodison. For so many of us, a move to Knowlsley won't really phase us and hopefully car parking can be better organised. ;)

33552[/snapback]

i dont think it should be called Goodison in any way at all; its not going to be in Goodison, it is not the same stadium, why would it have the same name? If we do move it should have a new name

How about "The Jail" or "Celltic Park" or "Tower Stadium" or "Gaol Park" or my personal fave

"Kiss our big blue hairy arses, because we don't give a f*ck what you call our stadium, because we are Everton and we know where we come from and we know where we need to be again Park"

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

:mellow: I ope we get it, our main stands so embarrassing! I was sitting there one game and a post/pole thing blocked the gwladys street end goal and another one was blockin half the park end goal! :o good job me ticket was free ay ;) Edited by Jamo11

im all for having a dixie and labone stands, but id like to keep a gwladys street, so all the singers are kept together.

Tower Park i quite like at the mo

34489[/snapback]

Steve, I'm thinking the two main stands "Dean/Labone".

The two ends "Goodison/Stanley"

The whole thing "The Tower"

I love you all, except Fozz.

ATB

Mac

id still have a main stand, a stand after labone and dixie, and i really want a gwlady.

i think it would be cool if we had the toffee tower built into one of the corners, like on the megastore

34809[/snapback]

Would like to replace, Stanley end with Gwladys, so sorry.

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22

Umm i'm thinking of calling the new stadium the pie in the sky stadium..not catchy enough? well how about the 12th of never road end?

The hell freezing over when its complete exec boxes..

The i'll show my arse if this comes off corner flag..

Ahh i know the "lets tell the fans we've got a new stadium in the works plan becuase season tickets sales were a bit slow when this news came out" stadium..yes thats it,thats what it should be called.

Umm i'm thinking of calling the new stadium the pie in the sky stadium..not catchy enough? well how about the 12th of never road end?

Ahh i know the "lets tell the fans we've got a new stadium in the works plan becuase season tickets sales were a bit slow when this news came out" stadium..yes thats it,thats what it should be called.

34822[/snapback]

:D glad your back foz and as happy as ever :lol:;)

34822[/snapback]

Some quality grumpiness there Fozz, God it good to have you back.

ATB

Mac

Guest Reg Reagan
St Helens are looking at getting a 30,000 seater stadium so why would we share with them? They have already made all the plans and ive seen what the stadium will look like, theres no chance we will share with them

25147[/snapback]

as a season ticket holder for st helens... knowsley road is a bit of a run down place

we are still discussing about whether we will be relocating somewhere up around knowsley and we are looking at a 30,000 seated stadium...

now what puzzles me is why are we relocating out of liverpool and somewhere up aorund kirkby? i dont Everton to be that sort of team to leave its tradition behind and go for some money... its just wrong

the only teams that i can think of that have done this are Arsenal and liverpool which whom both sold their souls to the devil and why did they have to leave their tradition behind for money?

as a season ticket holder for st helens... knowsley road is a bit of a run down place

we are still discussing about whether we will be relocating somewhere up around knowsley and we are looking at a 30,000 seated stadium...

now what puzzles me is why are we relocating out of liverpool and somewhere up aorund kirkby? i dont Everton to be that sort of team to leave its tradition behind and go for some money... its just wrong

the only teams that i can think of that have done this are Arsenal and liverpool which whom both sold their souls to the devil and why did they have to leave their tradition behind for money?

35088[/snapback]

:mellow: greed ;)

35088[/snapback]

Reg thats bollocks mate, Arsenal are moving no more than a mile away from Highbury, to a superb state of the art venue. And when have Liverpool moved?

If Everton were to move to Kirkby, its 4 miles for god sake. and Kirkby may be under Knowsley council, but its still Liverpool all the same. and its not just for money, Goodison is run down, just as Knowsley Road is