IGNORED

Distin On The Transfer Window

Louis

"It's not a good feeling when you hope for reinforcements and instead it's just talk about your best players going. But you never know if it's just speculation or it's the truth. All we can do is wait and see what happens in the transfer window but I would rather keep those two players that's for sure.

"It'd be disappointing to lose Steven. You don't want to lose one of your best players but that's football. Everywhere I've been it's been the same.

There's not much we can do, just stay focused and carry on doing what we're doing. I don't think it's a done deal yet, but it's disappointing."

"It's obvious that the league is getting tougher, and every team can get big players. Teams like Sunderland and Birmingham are buying players that three years ago they'd never have dreamed of signing. It's not a secret that we would like to have more players, like every other club, but there's nothing we can do about it. We have to stay focused, and we've got enough quality already to play good games."

http://www.liverpool.../#ixzz1BJkTrxIv

I wonder who the second player is he is referring to.

I didn't even consider that one to be honest, I was thinking more of Heitinga. Baines makes more sense though.

Interesting to see that Distin says he doesn't know who's going where, I'd have thought he'd have been privvy to some inside information.

Thats what i thought personally, because Yak is already a done deal and has gone, but he was speaking about players linked with other clubs and so far i can only recall Pienaar and Neville who have been linked away... and Baines but that was never gonna happen :P

I took it as though he was speaking retrospectively about the squad now be 2 players down ie Yak and Piennar

At least with those 2 gone I can start getting a little bit interested in this transfer window now because it feels odd not paying any attention to it knowing nothing positive is going to happen

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic