IGNORED

Total Clear Out

With us standing still over the last couple of seasons due to expenditure and most of the first eleven are approaching their late twenties i have come to realise we need to make drastic changes to our squad. If we have to sell to buy and Davey is guarenteed the dough what would you do? Heres my ideas please reply:

P.s obviously valuations are a guess :)

Sell:

Yakubu- £4 mill

Vaughan_£1.5 mill

Yobo £ 4-5 mill

Rodwell £20 mill

Vic-£4 mill

Bily - £6-8 mill (Russia only)

Heitenga-£8-10 mil

Theres nearly £50 mill or therabouts in sales.

Buys:

McCarthy(Wigan) £7-8 mill (replacement for Rodders)

Hoillett(Blackburn) Free or tribunal

Defoe- £14 mill i know on big wages but sell heitenga frees up BIG wedge to make defoe goin top earner

Larson-(birmingham) free

Bellamy (City) Loan pay half wages

Jennings(Tranmere) £500,000

Jelavic (Rangers) good goalscorer for Rapid Vienna and now Rangers £7-8 mill

Boyette (City) £4-5 mill can play right back or mostly centre half

Gradel (Leeds) £5 mill

Obertan (Utd) 5 mill

With us standing still over the last couple of seasons due to expenditure and most of the first eleven are approaching their late twenties i have come to realise we need to make drastic changes to our squad. If we have to sell to buy and Davey is guarenteed the dough what would you do? Heres my ideas please reply:

Sell:

Yakubu- £4 mill

Vaughan_£1.5 mill

Yobo £ 4-5 mill

Rodwell £20 mill

Vic-£4 mill

Heitenga-£8-10 mil

Buys:

Defoe- £14 mill i know on big wages but sell heitenga frees up BIG wedge to make defoe goin top earner

Larson-(birmingham) free

Gradel (Leeds) £5 mill

Obertan (Utd) 5 mill

Lol If you can find any clubs out there that would pay anywhere near £50M for that lot then you are in the wrong game, you really do need to be a football agent!

Lol If you can find any clubs out there that would pay anywhere near £50M for that lot then you are in the wrong game, you really do need to be a football agent!

Which of the valuations are wrong then? They all look pretty reasonable to me (conservative estimate for Jack imo, so it could be considerably more).

Well, we won't get anything near £4million a piece for Yakubu or Anichebe.

This

I also cant see us getting anywhere near £8M for Bily or £10M for Johhny and I think Yobo is probably £3 - 4M

That said Kenwright generally has done pretty well in the past for getting good money for players we dont want so who knows

Sell:

Yakubu- £4 mill

Vaughan_£1.5 mill

Yobo £ 4-5 mill

Rodwell £20 mill

Vic-£4 mill

Heitenga-£8-10 mil

Any fee we do receive we would also get a small % less because none of these player are actually requesting to leave so we would be required to pay them a 'loyalty bonus'. I'm not sure if that's to do with fee received or remaining contract?

Yak will go for more like £2m it seems, Vaughan maybe around that, Yobo won't be far off, Rodwell probably won't be sold unless he was to push through a move, Vic won't be sold unfortunately, I can see a Russian team giving us about that for Bily and I think we've missed the boat in getting that fee for Johnny and could actually see him staying.

There are some quality free transfers available this summer - I would be happy if the sale of Yobo/Yak accomodated Klose/Upson/Torres (spanish full-back) on frees and any other sales revenues (maybe Bily/Vaughan and even Heitinga) were used for signings/loans of 2 wingers and another striker.

On the striker subject - it's a massive shame we didn't gamble on Ba on-loan with a view to sign for £6.9m (if we could have raised it!!!)

i think 50 mill is a bit high he is my thoughts:

Yakubu- £3 mill

Vaughan_£850k

Yobo £ 4 mill

Rodwell £25 mill

Vic-£2 mill

Bily - £6 mill (Russia only)

Heitenga-£7 mil

The question is tho how much of the 45 mill or so will Moyes get if those players should leave?

On the striker subject - it's a massive shame we didn't gamble on Ba on-loan with a view to sign for £6.9m (if we could have raised it!!!)

Agreed and i bet Sunderland?? are kicking themselves that the deal fell through aswell... given he failed a medical id say the last thing on Moyes mind was bring in a potentially injured striker to add to our list.

Wonder what his price will be if West Ham dont sign him?

Agreed and i bet Sunderland?? are kicking themselves that the deal fell through aswell... given he failed a medical id say the last thing on Moyes mind was bring in a potentially injured striker to add to our list.

Wonder what his price will be if West Ham dont sign him?

It was Stoke he failed the medical at, but your point still stands, I'm sure they're kicking themselves too even though they're more than safe.

Sell:

Yakubu- £4 mill

Vaughan_£1.5 mill

Yobo £ 4-5 mill

Rodwell £20 mill

Vic-£4 mill

Heitenga-£8-10 mil

Buys:

Larson-(birmingham) free

Gradel (Leeds) £5 mill

Obertan (Utd) 5 mill

Let's not forget that we have some of the most promising youngsters coming through, at the age where they will be ready to take over once the older players are nearing too old. Garbutt, Bidwell, Barkley to name a few with the likes of Rodwell and Fellaini (no I didn't mistype the last name) it looks promising.

Anyway, £4m for Yobo? Really? £2m at the most, same goes for Vic.

Bellamy is too old and Obertan just doesn't look like part at all. Most Man Utd fans hate him.

Isnt Yobo's fee already agreed? Sure i read it was 4 million altho the loan was worth 1 so thats 3 to make it permanent. Also hasnt Yakubu stated that he now wants to leave? Would that remove any loyalty payment?

Edited by smeghead1

When it comes to strikers, I'd say Vossen should be considered (altough i don't want him to leave yet lol). there have been Everton scouts to a few Genk games of late, and they saw some great goals (his 3 latest):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhlwfLKMZI&t=0m43s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re8cO9zHa40&t=4m26s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re8cO9zHa40&t=4m27s

Edited by Churinga

When it comes to strikers, I'd say Vossen should be considered (altough i don't want him to leave yet lol). there have been Everton scouts to a few Genk games of late, and they saw some great goals (his 3 latest):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhlwfLKMZI&t=0m43s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re8cO9zHa40&t=4m26s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re8cO9zHa40&t=4m27s

Vossen sure has been looking great again. So have two other Belgian players we've been linked with in the past: Kevin De Bruyne and Axel Witsel (who scored a screamer against Club Brugge yesterday, but it seems like that goal hasn't yet been uploaded to youtube).

Id sell arteta. If we got £12- 15 million. The lad at QPR seems to have the same kind of game or Charlie Adam for around £8 mill could be the answer.

Spurs and the Rshite are after Adam and Tarabatt at QPR is wanted by Chelsea so your dreaming if you think you'd get either for 8 million. Doubt Arteta would be sold anyway hes Moyes golden boy and i think its unfair to want rid after 1 bad season.

Guest blueboy122

That Taarabt is fucking shite mate, you stick a man on him and hes garbage falls over his own feet! Ive always liked that lad from spurs that mexican kid dos santos? And i would also like manny fernandes to come back on loan next season!