IGNORED

Jay Bothroyd

Welcome back :).

I definitely do not want Bothroyd here one bit.

I'm glad you mentioned Burke because he's someone I like the look of.

Nice to be back :)

I agree, even though Bothroyd is on a free it would take too long to get him up to Premier League standard in the manner that we would play him. Let Fulham, or Wigan or Sunderland take him, he'll bag them 7 or 8 goals easy, sod's law against us no doubt, but I can't see him making the leap up because he just doesn't have the right attitude, or the workrate.

Burke on the other hand has those 2 in spades, and he's a quality crosser when he wants to be, perfect to play alongside Cahill and Fellaini. On a free, chris Burke would happily sit on our bench behind Seamus and when we give him opportunities he'll take them. A lot more reliable and i'm actually really pissed off that he left Cardiff, along with Kevin mcNaughton he was consistently one fo Cardiff's best players. Whoever gets him on a free will be rewarded trust me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a fan of Bothroyd and from what I have seen of him I dont think he is that great. To me he looks like a similar player to Vic and we really dont need another one of them. He will only be fit for half the season, fall over at will & could probably score a few at Championship Level. I personally dont think he has the right mentality to be a part of our club and whilst I think Beckford is decent, I would cringe to see them two play up front together.

Never been a fan of Bothroyd and from what I have seen of him I dont think he is that great. To me he looks like a similar player to Vic and we really dont need another one of them. He will only be fit for half the season, fall over at will & could probably score a few at Championship Level. I personally dont think he has the right mentality to be a part of our club and whilst I think Beckford is decent, I would cringe to see them two play up front together.

Vic doesnt scrore, Bothroyd does, and not just a few. His goals to games ratio is nearly 1 in 2 last season, in the Championship granted, but sounds to me like he knows how big the goal is and where it is.

Vic doesnt scrore, Bothroyd does, and not just a few. His goals to games ratio is nearly 1 in 2 last season, in the Championship granted, but sounds to me like he knows how big the goal is and where it is.

He certainly does, and on his day he can score great goals, from all angles, and crucial ones too...but I'm sorry how many of you have watched him at Cardiff consistently, instead of just relying on stats?

He scored 20 goals this season, but almost all of them were before he got injured, then Cardiff went on a dreadful run over December and since he came back from injury he was basically non-existent. He scored an amazing goal against QPR near the end but that simply backs up my point. If we lose Saha and Beckford to injury =, Bothroyd is no replacement. I watched him play at the city stadium, more than a few times, and if we really want somebody to inspect every blade of grass at Goodison until he finds the most comfortable one, couldn't we hire someone cheaper than Bothroyd for it? Like...a gardener?

His attitude on the pitch is entirely dependent on what mood he is in, some games he can go out and win every header, create chances and score beautiful goals. Most of the time, as you'll all find out if we sign him, he'll roll about on the floor, moan at the ref and wander around aimlessly. Seriously, just because he had a 1 in 2 ratio it's no clear indication of what a player is like for 90 minutes a game, over 38 games. in short, he will not take this club forwards, if anything it would be a backwards move. If we want good players on a free, like i said, let's get Burke instead. Again I've watched him play and he is someone who gives 100% at every chance. Burke is like Osman, Bothroyd is like the yak....nuff said ;)

He certainly does, and on his day he can score great goals, from all angles, and crucial ones too...but I'm sorry how many of you have watched him at Cardiff consistently, instead of just relying on stats?

He scored 20 goals this season, but almost all of them were before he got injured, then Cardiff went on a dreadful run over December and since he came back from injury he was basically non-existent. He scored an amazing goal against QPR near the end but that simply backs up my point. If we lose Saha and Beckford to injury =, Bothroyd is no replacement. I watched him play at the city stadium, more than a few times, and if we really want somebody to inspect every blade of grass at Goodison until he finds the most comfortable one, couldn't we hire someone cheaper than Bothroyd for it? Like...a gardener?

His attitude on the pitch is entirely dependent on what mood he is in, some games he can go out and win every header, create chances and score beautiful goals. Most of the time, as you'll all find out if we sign him, he'll roll about on the floor, moan at the ref and wander around aimlessly. Seriously, just because he had a 1 in 2 ratio it's no clear indication of what a player is like for 90 minutes a game, over 38 games. in short, he will not take this club forwards, if anything it would be a backwards move. If we want good players on a free, like i said, let's get Burke instead. Again I've watched him play and he is someone who gives 100% at every chance. Burke is like Osman, Bothroyd is like the yak....nuff said ;)

that is enough for me on a free. Im not saying he should come in and be our star striker but fact is he can score goals so why not take him on, get a few out of him and see how it goes. If it doesnt work out sell him on.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends in what context we sign Bothroyd, we need probably 2 strikers, if Bothroyd comes in as a sub/off the bench type player then fine, no probs with that tbh, but if he's coming in as a starter every week, then im sorry Moysie, but even as a free transfer, thats just not good enough!!