1. 1. Realistic Marquee Signing

• N'zogbia
    • Djalo
    • Defour
    • Witsel
    • Piatti
    • Don't be daft we won't be buyin anyone
    • Wes Brown

Source at Finch Farm suggests DM's true budget for the summer...4m + What is sold off.

They're suggesting that Moyes will 'actually' get the whole sum but unfortunately most of the deals to sell players won't likely be completed till AT LEAST halfway through the window. Which puts us on the backfoot already.

Secondly. Don't be suprised if N'Zogbia is at Aston Villa come the near future. With Young about to commit to United and the every speculative suggestion the Downing will be off, Macleish wants a replacement. Couple that with the fact he tried to sign N'Zogbia in the January window whilst at Birmingham, don't be too shocked if it happens. (also include the fact Villa will have at least £17m to play with from the Young deal)

Source at Finch Farm suggests DM's true budget for the summer...4m + What is sold off.

They're suggesting that Moyes will 'actually' get the whole sum but unfortunately most of the deals to sell players won't likely be completed till AT LEAST halfway through the window. Which puts us on the backfoot already.

Secondly. Don't be suprised if N'Zogbia is at Aston Villa come the near future. With Young about to commit to United and the every speculative suggestion the Downing will be off, Macleish wants a replacement. Couple that with the fact he tried to sign N'Zogbia in the January window whilst at Birmingham, don't be too shocked if it happens. (also include the fact Villa will have at least £17m to play with from the Young deal)

WTF!!! 4m is that the best that Kenwright can honestly do? seriously? thats a disgrace imo, an absolute disgrace, epsecially with some of the people we have on our board, i find that an insult to Moyes and the work that he's done and to the fans, the man is just a nob, he's an egotist intent on killing the club, yet he calls himself a blue, god i do hope i never come face to face with BK, it won't be pretty if i do

WTF!!! 4m is that the best that Kenwright can honestly do? seriously? thats a disgrace imo, an absolute disgrace, epsecially with some of the people we have on our board, i find that an insult to Moyes and the work that he's done and to the fans, the man is just a nob, he's an egotist intent on killing the club, yet he calls himself a blue, god i do hope i never come face to face with BK, it won't be pretty if i do

So what you're saying is, it's a disgrace that Kenwright and other members of the board aren't spending their own money on buying players. I can agree that it's a disgrace that Everton as a club and a business can't develop more revenue and a better business model that would fund a transfer kitty.

Have you thought about remortgaging your house and giving it (not investing it but giving it) to Everton towards their transfer budget?? :huh:

So what you're saying is, it's a disgrace that Kenwright and other members of the board aren't spending their own money on buying players. I can agree that it's a disgrace that Everton as a club and a business can't develop more revenue and a better business model that would fund a transfer kitty.

Have you thought about remortgaging your house and giving it (not investing it but giving it) to Everton towards their transfer budget?? :huh:

how come other chairmen and boards put money into their clubs then? but ours wont put a penny into EFC, and yes if i had a few million i would happily give it to EFC, this has all gone on far too long now, and im sick of hearing about how Bill is searching for investment all the time, yet other clubs seem to find it with no problems, even though they might not be the best owners at times, they seem to find them whereas we never do?

how come other chairmen and boards put money into their clubs then? but ours wont put a penny into EFC, and yes if i had a few million i would happily give it to EFC, this has all gone on far too long now, and im sick of hearing about how Bill is searching for investment all the time, yet other clubs seem to find it with no problems, even though they might not be the best owners at times, they seem to find them whereas we never do?

Most chairmen don't put their own money in to bankroll huge transfers (Chelsea and Man City aside).

The Glazers haven't spent any of their own cash and you can bet that all the money being spent across the park is not coming out of personal investments (and they'll be expecting a return, look at their baseball investment).

Look at Coates at Stoke. His business empire must be worth miles more than Bill but they've been very conservative in their approach to transfers, getting slightly less cautious each year as their premiership status nears the safety of mid-table.

My personal opinion is that it is unrealistic to expect/demand people to spend their own money.

I do think though that the club could operate as a business much better than it does.

Sorry Pris, I agree with Sharpy. Kenwright is known to be 'worth' £10m but that includes his assets. You can't blame Kenwright directly for not parting with 40% of his total assets ofr one transfer window, that'd be crazy.

Sharpy's also right in the fact that we should be trying to work money out of business avenues, that potentially we haven't seen yet.

IMO the Chang deal (although our largest ever) was not even 20% of what the shite just got from Standard Charter over a longer period. Also their new kit manufacturer ('12-13 season) is UnderArmour and they're paying a fortune. Ok we haven't got the 'attractive' club label like Tottenham or 'RS' but we deffinitely need to be working some better deals for the club.

As soon as we start looking at pulling some serious pound into the club, we're not gonna have big summer spendings. And the only reason clubs around us are doing so is because they've sold off their biggest assets (players). We haven't.

Edited by tenaciousj

The way i see it is, why should Everton disclose their war-chest? It's only going to bump up the price! Teams will hold us to ransom (if for example) if we made it open that we had £15m to spend, you can bet your bottom dollar that Wigan would try and squeeze every last penny if we actually went for Zog.

If we allow other teams to beleive we have nothing, then hopefully they won't feel the need to barter too much knowing we're already in a bad state.

I'm not saying that this is the reason why we don't state funds to the public/fans but it wouldn't suprise me at all if it was.

I'm not going to get massively excited this summer. At worst we sign someone like Bothroyd. Not a great signing I know but its somebody to fall back on if the starting strikers (Saha and Beckford) get injured. We know our midefield can score goals, and they usually do when our backs are against the wall.

I'd be happy with a few more, promising kids. Albeit some genuinely talented ones from obscure parts of the world. like that Japanese kid, he looks smart, scouting reports sound good too. Ok they won't have a great impact on the first team straight away, but i'm sure out of necessity (when the enevitable injury curse hits) they'll get some game time.

Our team pretty much has the same core as 3/4 years ago, DM realises they're not getting younger hence the aquisitions of Vellios, Silva, Gueye, Seamus, Garbutt, Mustafi. We've got some very very promising kids in our squad and this year we may have to test them , see which ones can really push on and stake a claim.

As i say, no point getting too worked up about it. or blaming the board. or Kenwright. or the maintainance guy. What will happen, will happen.

Whether that be tomorrow. Next week. or at the end of the window.

I don't like this situation either btw, but it's best we chill. Enjoy the summer and hope we can make one or two signings.

Sorry Pris, I agree with Sharpy. Kenwright is known to be 'worth' £10m but that includes his assets. You can't blame Kenwright directly for not parting with 40% of his total assets ofr one transfer window, that'd be crazy.

Sharpy's also right in the fact that we should be trying to work money out of business avenues, that potentially we haven't seen yet.

IMO the Chang deal (although our largest ever) was not even 20% of what the shite just got from Standard Charter over a longer period. Also their new kit manufacturer ('12-13 season) is UnderArmour and they're paying a fortune. Ok we haven't got the 'attractive' club label like Tottenham or 'RS' but we deffinitely need to be working some better deals for the club.

As soon as we start looking at pulling some serious pound into the club, we're not gonna have big summer spendings. And the only reason clubs around us are doing so is because they've sold off their biggest assets (players). We haven't.

yeah i do understand what both of you are saying, and at the end of the day its just an opinion, but surely if we are operating so badly as a business then that is just confirming that Kenwright is not fit to run the club? its a business at the end of the day and they have to make money, which we are not doing, and the people running our business don't seem to know how to make it a succesful business, so to me, they are unfit to run the club. it is possible to operate in this way, i mean look at Barca, they don't have huge pots of cash, but they are miles infront of everyone else because they know how to operate properly.

My mums side of the family have associations with the club going right back to the days of St Domingo's and it just drives me INSANE to see whats happening at the moment, we have our best manager in ages and it seems the chairman just likes the idea of being a chairman without having to do any work or putting any effort into it!!!

Exactly dude, as has no doubt been said many many times we are (I believe) lucky that Moyes just does't walk away, when the likes of Villa come knocking granted they are in a bit of a situ players coming going (bit of a mess etc) but they must've told Moyes, whoever then finally 'Eck that he had some money to play with and that would be a total novelty to Moyes, thing is I think we (EfC Supporters) are just fed up of absolutely NOTHING ever happening but imagine what Moyes thinks!?

I think we are all just totally sick of these non entity transfer windows, just bring the season on sign Afrojack up for a couple of more and keep this squad together & with the kids coming through there is cause for optimism, its just embarrassing how we are perceived in the press with regard to wonga and unfortunately we cant get away from the press / internet and it just seams that every window its other teams attempting to strengthen with some money just not really us!!

PS - I couldn't agree more as a business model we are no longer digging ourselves into a hole (which is good) but its just incredibly frustrating!!!

Happy Friday people!!!