IGNORED

Tim cahill pl's mvp according to swedish newspaper

Peter H

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article13422983.ab

You will have to Google translate to read, but it says that cahill is the leagues most valuable player. Everton without cahill is a stable top 10 team. Everton with cahill can beat any team.

Do you agree? Is there any other player in any team that is more important than cahill?

Belgian Marouane Fellaini is a demanding cog in Everton's defensive midfield, the Frenchman Sylvain Distin a physical monster in the back line, Russian Dinijar Biljaletdinov an irrational polecat on the left, the Spaniard Mikel Arteta a creative link between midfield and attack, and American Tim Howard all that is usually safe in case . But there is one player who makes the Foreign Legion in The Toffees complete. "As Lampard ' Australian Tim Cahill's only Tim Cahill, but on the other hand, no one else like him. 178 cm tall is he doing more goals with his head than almost any other, and 31-year-old gives everything in every race, in every duel, in each match. - He makes goals for Everton as Lampard does for Chelsea, maybe not as many, but he has done so for over five or six years now. He scores every season and is extremely important to us, said his coach David Moyes last winter. Was criticized And it is not surprising that Moyes is satisfied. Everton paid just 1.5 million pounds for the Cahill was leaving Millwall in 2004 and already the first season he became the team's top scorer. And then he continued. More durable, more targets and each time a distinctive celebration when he fires jabs against one corner flag. For three and a half ago, he was however, noticed and criticized for having begun a målfirande to run with crossed arms for the cameras before he went to the corner flag - a way to illustrate hands are cuffed and a greeting to his brother who had been sentenced to six years in prison for an aggravated assault. "For my brother" Cahill asked quickly apologized and explained: - I am aware that my celebration after the goal against Portsmouth on Sunday created a lot of attention. It was not my intention to stir up people's feelings and I would wholeheartedly apologize to those who took offense. It was a spontaneous and emotional reaction and a way to tell my brother that I think of him and miss him. Everton quickly supported the Australian and said: - There was obviously something very personal

It goes on about cahills work rate, how he never miss times a run into the box, his heading ability. Im a big fan of cahill but isnt baines more important?

think it more highlights the fact cahill has been important to us for almost 7 years now..rather than baines who has really turned it on in the last 2

I've been disappointed with Cahills inconsistency over the last few seasons.

Scoring goals is great, but I don't think he has a big enough impact on the rest of the game enough of the time.

Impact sub for me until he improves.

It's difficult to say who the most important player is, but we have no leadership without Neville on the pitch, and that concerns me.

Scoring goals is great, but I don't think he has a big enough impact on the rest of the game enough of the time.

It's difficult to say who the most important player is, but we have no leadership without Neville on the pitch, and that concerns me.

Totally agree. Neville is our leader. Rodwell might be the one to take over but thats a few years away now.

think it more highlights the fact cahill has been important to us for almost 7 years now..rather than baines who has really turned it on in the last 2

Sure, i agree with all the above but the article goes on to list the top ten most impotent players for their clubs. Insinuating that its for this coming season and cahill is the newspapers number 1.

It never ceases to amaze me that when people start naming their first choice side they often omit Tim Cahill

Im sure he will be integral to our success this season and for the first time in years he has had his feet up this summer and looks set to start fit and fresh

I think it's that he ain't a good all rounder. The parts of his game that are good are awesome, as a centre midfielder in a two man partnership..... Nope

I think it's that he ain't a good all rounder. The parts of his game that are good are awesome, as a centre midfielder in a two man partnership..... Nope

Totally agree. Imo he needs to play off the front man, drop in when needed and just do what he does, badger and harass

Totally agree. Imo he needs to play off the front man, drop in when needed and just do what he does, badger and harass

If you could bottle what he has going in terms of attitude, bravery etc you could sell it to Barcelona - it's that valuable. But yeah, looking at Barkley tonight, you seen the future of our midfield. Cahill is and always will be an everton legend, we just can't afford to have our love for him cloud judgement.

doesn't have a big enough impact? he scores goals..wins tackles..hustles people..half the time when people can't be arsed there is only tim who seems to give a shit..more important most the time than having ability as a footballer..arteta is there to be pretty

I think where Tim is concerned, there are always differences in opinion. He's a very popular player. I'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

In a blood and guts game he'd be on my sheet, but if we ever want to play great football, he wouldn't be in my team.

Arteta owes us a good season.

I agree with this.

It never ceases to amaze me that when people start naming their first choice side they often omit Tim Cahill

Im sure he will be integral to our success this season and for the first time in years he has had his feet up this summer and looks set to start fit and fresh

I dont think he has looked very good at all this summer. Every game I have seen him in he has been a passenger making no impact on the game. He is only useful if we can get on the ball and whip in crosses. If we dont have the ball (like we didnt yesterday) he can be a bit like a dog chasing his tail at times.

I think where Tim is concerned, there are always differences in opinion. He's a very popular player. I'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

In a blood and guts game he'd be on my sheet, but if we ever want to play great football, he wouldn't be in my team.

Arteta owes us a good season.

Yeh I agree with you (again).

Edited by Bailey

I havent seen much so far so cant really comment on Cahills performances thus far. This is the first time he has had a close season break for a little while so perhaps taking a little time to pick back up?

Trouble is we are within spitting distance of the new season and I hope and pray we can make a better start than usual

he's playin in an unbalanced midfield and he isn't a footballer..he isn't a winger and he isn't a centre mid..he's an attacking grafter with the best timing in the world..but as said in a centre mid role he's worse than useless and that seems the problem with him this summer..when he came on for coleman yesterday he was deeper than barkley