IGNORED

Bohemian (away)

scouse

Hobbert prob motm our best attacking option... Garbutt done ok played the full 90 got skinned for there goal made a few decent challenges needs to go out on loan I think.

I think we should keep him. Apart from Baines we don't have another left back. If Baines is injured or suspended, play him. If he's as talented as they say he is, he'll step up. If not, he can go on loan later in the season. Plus, if he can get some games in the Premiership he'll learn a lot more from that than from going on loan to a Championship side.

First half 4-5-1 with Felli, Rodwell & Arteta in the middle with Barkley on the left and Vic on the right.

Second half 4-4-2 with Vellios and Vic then 4-5-1 again.

Thought Garbutt looked like a reserve today. Barkley was class and Duffy was composed.

Really missed Baines as a second ball outlet after Barkley cut in. Though had we kept pur first half team out for the whole game we probably would've won 2/3-0.

Was impressed with Vellios as well though perhaps he should have scored. Rodwell did a decent shift at right mid when we were playing 4-4-2. I was pleasantly surprised by Arteta given he's been injured. He looked sharp first half.

Anichebe and Bilyaletdinov both poor, as per usual.

If Moyes doesn't start Barkley at the weekend I'll be amazed. He's got real class that lad.

What was the purpose of the match?

Wasn't it an extra risk we can do without?

To a degree yes but all the other teams bar tottenham got games at the weekend and we didn't, I think Moyes wanted us to be as fit as possible for the first game against QPR. Even though it was an injury risk, Moyes did put out quite a few youth players, which was good to see. Duffy seems to be quite composed and could very well deputise this season if we get injuries which is promising, and Arteta getting some game time was essential, as it was for Felli. In my view our 3 most important players this term are Fellaini, Baines and Arteta in that order. If Fellaini can get back to his best form he will be an immense asset, breaking up attacks and bossing the midfield. Baines is always going to be an attacking threat down the left as well as at set pieces, and if Arteta can get his form back we have a creative fulcrum to the midfield and we could be looking at a fellaini, arteta, coleman, barkley and rodwell midfield down the line, which to be honest I very much like the look of. Not to mention we'd still have Ossie, Cahill and other people on the bench that could come on and change a game.

Edited by The Regulator

Well you lot are more positive than the other fan reports I've seen about they game.

The vast majority of them say it was exactly the same as last season - square pegs in round holes, Fellaini playing the advanced role, Arteta sitting deep and doing a good impression of a crab, the striker being totally isolated, lots of possession that mostly went backwards or sideways and we created naff all.

Well you lot are more positive than the other fan reports I've seen about they game.

The vast majority of them say it was exactly the same as last season - square pegs in round holes, Fellaini playing the advanced role, Arteta sitting deep and doing a good impression of a crab, the striker being totally isolated, lots of possession that mostly went backwards or sideways and we created naff all.

Have to agree with this to be honest, tho Barkley and Arteta linked up well in the first half, that aside nobody ran at them, bar Rodwell in the second half when he played wide right, Ossie done ok when he came on and should have scored. The only positive was the match fitness will be better, but again the team didnt really get out of second gear and take the game to Bohs either.

Got to disagree about the players training to hard when Distin and Baines haven't missed a game for 2 seasons. They'd have more of an argument if we picked up more niggles and minor injuries, but we have had a variety of freak injuries(Arteta, Jags and Yakubu) and awful tackles(Anichebe, Fellaini, Neville and Coleman) for the majority of injuries.

Edited by pete0

Got to disagree about the players training to hard when Distin and Baines haven't missed a game for 2 seasons. They'd have more of an argument if we picked up more niggles and minor injuries, but we have had a variety of freak injuries(Arteta, Jags and Yakubu) and awful tackles(Anichebe, Fellaini, Neville and Coleman) for the majority of injuries.

Im with this. The players are commenting on twitter stating how happy they are to have a good work out. If they were going to training and saying "im off to training, hope i'll be alright at the end :( " or something along those negative lines, i would understand.