IGNORED

Net spending over the past decade

Louis

This analysis from Sporting Intelligence shows that Everton is the lowest net spender over the past decade of the Premier League ever-presents.

As James Corbett said on twitter; it's a "tribute to the wonders of Moyes and an indictment of the board".

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/08/12/arsenals-net-spending-of-48m-in-a-decade-puts-them-9th-in-premier-league-120802/

This analysis from Sporting Intelligence shows that Everton is the lowest net spender over the past decade of the Premier League ever-presents.

As James Corbett said on twitter; it's a "tribute to the wonders of Moyes and an indictment of the board".

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2011/08/12/arsenals-net-spending-of-48m-in-a-decade-puts-them-9th-in-premier-league-120802/

Very hard to disagree, even considering the Rooney and lescott sales for a club with an average attendance of 34k plus to spend an average of £4m per year is a disgrace.

With every release of financial news regarding our club the boards reputation dies a little more.

Criticise moyes as a tactician fair enough, put it this way, what manager could have placed everton where they are with that little backing?

If I was the board I would be saying..... "I'll get my coat"

Very hard to disagree, even considering the Rooney and lescott sales for a club with an average attendance of 34k plus to spend an average of £4m per year is a disgrace.

With every release of financial news regarding our club the boards reputation dies a little more.

Criticise moyes as a tactician fair enough, put it this way, what manager could have placed everton where they are with that little backing?

If I was the board I would be saying..... "I'll get my coat"

so regular European visits and top half finishes for 4m a year? Yeah, they must be screwing up big time..... huh.png

Id love to see a table of finishes against spending. Villa, Sunderland, Spurs etc who splash the cash and what do they do? Usually finish below us....

Edited by Matt

so regular European visits and top half finishes for 4m a year? Yeah, they must be screwing up big time..... huh.png

Id love to see a table of finishes against spending. Villa, Sunderland, Spurs etc who splash the cash and what do they do? Usually finish below us....

If you gave your mrs £15 to go out and buy a dress, and she ends up having to make do with making one, are you going to take credit for her skill despite your thriftiness?

Moyes has got us into Europe despite having to work with ridiculous constraints. The board? Don't make me laugh.

If you gave your mrs £15 to go out and buy a dress, and she ends up having to make do with making one, are you going to take credit for her skill despite your thriftiness?

Moyes has got us into Europe despite having to work with ridiculous constraints. The board? Don't make me laugh.

Really well put mate, i have to agree its amazing really that Moyes just gets on with things and never moans, if our board could give him the money to buy 1 maybe 2 half decent signings a season we'd have quite some team the fact our manager buys players and sells them for millions more than they are worth has covered the cracks in our board for years.

They should really be quite ashamed of themselves, especially Green hes worth a fortune i wouldnt be surprised if he was the one who wanted a mint for his share.

Really well put mate, i have to agree its amazing really that Moyes just gets on with things and never moans, if our board could give him the money to buy 1 maybe 2 half decent signings a season we'd have quite some team the fact our manager buys players and sells them for millions more than they are worth has covered the cracks in our board for years.

They should really be quite ashamed of themselves, especially Green hes worth a fortune i wouldnt be surprised if he was the one who wanted a mint for his share.

Green isn't on our board, and officially owns no share in the club.

Green isn't on our board, and officially owns no share in the club.

Hopefully the blue union fully thrashed that one out with kenwright. Is Robert earl Philip greens proxy? Did he borrow money off green to buy his shares and is the major increase in operating costs the repayments of this loan?

All conjecture, but I believe as do many that green has a major major influence over the running (and indeed sale) of our club.

I think you have to give credit to the Everton board and management since 92 that you have accomplished more than Tottenham who have spent 5 times more, and what have they got to show for that 2 carling cup wins and 1 top 4 finish, I am actually horrified we have spent that much and done Fuck all, and it shows what great managers Ferguson and whinger are. Everton in my view are a team capable of turning any one over on their day but also capable of fucking up against lesser oposition, just think what you would have done if you had of spent 235 million.

But you have to look at the Scum they have only spent 6 m more than you and have had a fair amount of success

I really can't see that Spurs have spent that much

I think you have to give credit to the Everton board and management since 92 that you have accomplished more than Tottenham who have spent 5 times more, and what have they got to show for that 2 carling cup wins and 1 top 4 finish, I am actually horrified we have spent that much and done Fuck all, and it shows what great managers Ferguson and whinger are. Everton in my view are a team capable of turning any one over on their day but also capable of fucking up against lesser oposition, just think what you would have done if you had of spent 235 million.

But you have to look at the Scum they have only spent 6 m more than you and have had a fair amount of success

I really can't see that Spurs have spent that much

Paul, it's the level of backing that the board give which is the concern. Take for example the year we finished 4th, a massive opportunity for the club to attract the quality of player we needed to replace jobbers like kilbane, bent etc. We really needed that one or two more players that would have made the difference in beating villareal and securing £20m from the group stages.

If we did that we may be looking at a different club now...

Paul, it's the level of backing that the board give which is the concern. Take for example the year we finished 4th, a massive opportunity for the club to attract the quality of player we needed to replace jobbers like kilbane, bent etc. We really needed that one or two more players that would have made the difference in beating villareal and securing £20m from the group stages.

If we did that we may be looking at a different club now...

Ifs, buts, maybes.... Those jobbers got us there in the 1st place.

Should the board have invested in new players, of course. Question is were they able to and the answer is we just dont know without knowing exactly what goes on with the money, with the deals they tried to put in place etc....

Bill and the other boardmembers are going to end up being viewed like Doug Ellis was at Villa if they keep this up.

It's almost laughable that they think they can do this, complete and utter joke. Their credibility even amongst their most loyal supporters must be questionable.