IGNORED

Thinking outside of the box

Avinalaff

Phil Jagielka

Can play 'anywhere' across the back 4, 'and' as a keeper.

Is it then not worth looking at playing him at Right Back?

This would then allow us to slot Heitinga or Yobo into the Full Back position, killing 2 birds with one stone.

Even crazier, could he play in goal, in a similar vein to having a defender with gloves, thus giving us the equivalent of 12 outfield players. This is based on the fact that we probably only need a designated keeper for a very small percentage of the game. Would not a defender who can use his hands be just as useful?

We can laugh, but Moyes does this kind of thing constantly.

What 'out of the box' suggestions do you have?

(obviously I mean for the team, and not for me, a can of Raviolli, and a toilet brush)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Jagielka

Can play 'anywhere' across the back 4, 'and' as a keeper.

Is it then not worth looking at playing him at Right Back?

This would then allow us to slot Heitinga or Yobo into the Full Back position, killing 2 birds with one stone.

Even crazier, could he play in goal, in a similar vein to having a defender with gloves, thus giving us the equivalent of 12 outfield players. This is based on the fact that we probably only need a designated keeper for a very small percentage of the game. Would not a defender who can use his hands be just as useful?

We can laugh, but Moyes does this kind of thing constantly.

What 'out of the box' suggestions do you have?

(obviously I mean for the team, and not for me, a can of Raviolli, and a toilet brush)

Is your new mission now Beckford has gone to get Yobo into the team??

Iv got some out side the box suggestions for Moyes - How about we play people in their best positions, and if they dont fit in the team or arent in form then they get dropped? I know its pretty radical but I think it just might work! guns.gif

I said out of the box suggestions - not - plain crackers. wink.png

jags annoyingly is in that squad mostly on name this time..he hasn't played great for ages..certainly no better than smalling has..not sure about jones..cahill is in better form too..for me form wise he is number 4 at best

Agreed he's not as good as we've seen him, but wouldn't bench him yet

Yeah that's why these guys are payed shitloads must be cause they know nothing about football

Here is some more for you then, since joining Everton Neville has received acclaim from many so called professionals and the majority say he is playing better in blue than in red but never once played for England while on Evertons books. What do pros know eh!

Here is some more for you then, since joining Everton Neville has received acclaim from many so called professionals and the majority say he is playing better in blue than in red but never once played for England while on Evertons books. What do pros know eh!

Thats based on his age and athletisism rather than his ability imo.

And pros voted Cashely Cole as the best left back last season....