IGNORED

Thread for England game abuse.... or praise (ha, who am i kidding!)

After tonight...of course.

If Rafael Nadal played some no-mark ranked 500 in the world and snuck through 9-7 in the fifth set who would come out of it with more credit?

Are you proud and inspired by this England team? If so you're seriously deluded.

If I was a Welshman I'd be proud tonight....and as an Englishman I'm depressed....actually I'm not because I expect nothing better from that bunch of pathetic prima donnas.

My point is based on a different mind set.

There is a presumed concept that all Englishmen think they are the best, and expect the best as a result.

We talk about lowly Ireland, or Wales as underdogs.

We shout at our players because they only won by a single goal, and praise Wales, because they only lost by a single goal.

The truth is, that 22 players walk out on the field, and 22 players all try their best to win. All 22 are footballers, as opposed to 11 being one thing and eleven being another.

We fielded quite a young team last night, and they went out and got 3 points. Wales fielded their team, and lost.

This attitude that our players are so fantastic, and should be beating every other team has to stop. It's the very reason that as a nation, we tend to win little, because we put so much expectancy on people, and pressure to succeed, it's ridiculous.

The truth is, that we should be treating them enthusiastically, with as much support as is required, just like we would cheer our own kids on if they were playing for their school. Just because they get better, doesn't mean they don't need it.

This whole David v Goliath thing is bollocks. We must stop pretending we are superior, and instead realise our players are human, just like the rest.

Our lads went out there last night, and won. End of.

To credit Wales because they put in a good effort, is a bit patronising.

can any of those players apart from smalling be considered a youngster? not sure where you get the fielded a young team from

wales should have got summat last night but their own fault for missing the chances..but england should play better..looked shakey at the back..it's like you're sayin we aren't allowed to criticise them even if they win? course you are..thats horse shit

England are shite, end of, the fact is that more fans and players are interested in club football, international football is pants!!! England were shocking last night, we are ranked 4th in the world, Wales 110th, we should have beaten them by 3 or 4 clear goals easy, but we struggled to hold on to 1-0 lead last night, changed the team to accommodate one opposing player in Bale, eh? whats that all about, it will stay the same for a number of years yet if you ask me

My point is based on a different mind set.

There is a presumed concept that all Englishmen think they are the best....

No there isn't....none but the most deluded of myopic lunatics still believe that...used to be the case admittedly but not for many, many years.

Wales are ranked beneath Haiti, Libya, Guatamala, Iraq and the Faroe Islands ffs.

By your logic if the Spanish national team beat Skelmersdale United 1-0 in a friendly (still 11 v 11) we should praise them and not patronise the plucky losers by congratulating them on their performancehuh.png .

can any of those players apart from smalling be considered a youngster? not sure where you get the fielded a young team from

wales should have got summat last night but their own fault for missing the chances..but england should play better..looked shakey at the back..it's like you're sayin we aren't allowed to criticise them even if they win? course you are..thats horse shit

No, that's not what I'm saying.

What I'm trying to put across, and it's not easy, is that English people presume that they are above everybody else, and should therefore be the best.

We presume that the lads last night are under performing, and are disgraced, where as the losers are valiant, because they dared to put in a good performance. It stems over hundreds of years with this 'jolly well played' offering to the loser.

The truth is that all our sportsmen, be it boxers, athletes, cricketers, tennis players, golfers are always under far too much pressure to win, and not just win, but perform outstandingly, especially whilst representing their country.

We can't accept that perhaps that was the best we had to offer on the night, in the same light that had it been a Sunday pub team, we would be singing their praises.

I actually thought that in the first half, England played well, and the second half, they played worse. It's hard to have 2 teams playing well at the same time after all, so credit goes to Wales for putting on a better second half.

If we are to credit Wales, then we should just say Wales played well, but English people can't do that. They have to patronise the Welsh, with terms like 'Plucky Welsh put up a good fight' or words to that effect.

It's as though 'we're better than you, and you nearly beat us'.

The truth is that on the night, England were better over all. Wales offered very little, and lost. If they want to take consolation in that they lost, but they played well, that's up to them, but my point is that the 2 teams should be viewed as even before kick off, in order to fairly judge the match.

How many times do we hear fans say "we should be beating these easily?"

The same lads that are disgruntled, are the same lads who will tell me that they don't care how Everton play, as long as they win. doh.gif

i don't presume for one second that we are the best..quite obvious we aren't..fact is though we are much much higher ranked than wales..and like mike said by your logic we shouldn't praise any small team ever for just losing out no matter who they play as it sounds patronising...you can't judge every team evenly before a match..that's ridiculous in my book cos all teams aren't even

The same lads that are disgruntled, are the same lads who will tell me that they don't care how Everton play, as long as they win. doh.gif

also...i care how everton play so don't lump me in with whoever you're talkin about here..i care that we win but if we play shit and win i will complain about the performance not the result