IGNORED

Fans at the match today throwing missiles

Avinalaff

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happens at all clubs. I don't think anybody particularly thinks it's an Everton issue. Although, of course, they did you no favours with he world watching such a big game.

It's such a pity that the world saw Red and Blue on the terraces - great, then gets lets down by the mindless few.

Just out of curiosity - how DO the reds manage to get into the home sections wearing red shirts?

Jesus how many times, nobody has tried to justify it we are merely saying that we understand why it happened

Nice avatar btw!

Do wanna argue, I can see your not justifying it, but I don't see how anyone can understand it either. It's a shameful thing to do. And I don't think our clubs fans should accept that from a stupid minority.

The deal at matches is that fans have vocal liberties, providing they don't cross the line, such as racial abuse etc.

That's where their involvement regarding players and officials ends, or should end.

At the end of the day, fans are paying spectators to an event. They're not participants. Our views will often be biased towards the team we support, but when we cross the line that divides enjoying the sport, and letting it rule our emotions, that's the time we need to have a word.

Suarez didn't kill anybody, nor did the ref. They didn't insult our mothers, or hurt our children, or steal from our home. They just took part in the jobs they are paid to do, and yesterday possibly had a bad day at the office, just like we all do.

Let he without sin throw the first stone - I think this is one of the better values ever to come from religion.

I can 'understand it' - it's a moment of insanity brought about by a feeling of injustice and general upset at losing to your rivals.

It's the same anger that gets you when you've been burgled, or you've caught your mrs playing away etc..

It's 100% wrong, but it's nothing new.

On the telly, they showed a red in with the blues, and it was all friendly banter etc... but when the penalty was saved, the blues were teasing the red... you can quickly see how temperament changes. It doesn't take a lot for stuff to get out of hand when passion is running high.

Thankfully 90% of fans know what it's like to be on the receiving end of losing... so don't push things too far - they get more pleasure in the win than they do from other's discomfort.

But there will always be a few.... who seem MORE bothered about the other side than their own.

I can 'understand it' - it's a moment of insanity brought about by a feeling of injustice and general upset at losing to your rivals.

It's the same anger that gets you when you've been burgled, or you've caught your mrs playing away etc..

Sorry, but I don't think you can compare being burgled to a footballer taking a dive! I love everton and hate it when thy lose, even more so to Liverpool. But it doesn't bring me out in a rage, and makes me want to harm somebody, it's called self control.

I disagree with you, I am not trying to justify their actions at all. I am merely saying that I understand why it happened

I am also saying its human nature that dictates how you react to any given situation. Its not something I would have done but thats down to my nature

Lets get this straight it was not a preplanned thing it was a reaction to the actions of the Referee and Liverpool players. Its a bit like road rage

You may well have hit the nail on the head when you say that " Kids lash out when they dont get their own way, grown men should have a little more restraint"

This all happened in the Gwladys Street which is normally full of kids and young scallies and is one of the main reasons I sit in the Park End

Fair enough I take your point. To my mind there is no reason or justification for it whatever had happened on the pitch. Its just a game.

I hope they catch them and make sure they never return to Goodison Park or any other ground.

Its shyte like yesterday that is making me fall out of love with the game which was once my life. firstly the dog shit reffing of the game, secondly the reaction of the Liverpool players to Rodwells challenge, thirdly Dogleash and bullshit after the game, I didnae see it, neither will I and fourth the coin throwing.

Fair enough I take your point. To my mind there is no reason or justification for it whatever had happened on the pitch. Its just a game.

I hope they catch them and make sure they never return to Goodison Park or any other ground.

Its shyte like yesterday that is making me fall out of love with the game which was once my life. firstly the dog shit reffing of the game, secondly the reaction of the Liverpool players to Rodwells challenge, thirdly Dogleash and bullshit after the game, I didnae see it, neither will I and fourth the coin throwing.

Thats just it though to a lot of us its not just a game its an extemeley emotive way of life

That decision to me didnt just mean I lost a game, it ruined my entire weekend. I was supposed to be going out on Saturday night but I just couldnt face the prospect of bumping in to any horrible Kopites rubbing it in

Likewise I am dreading going in to work tomorrow for the same reason, It will eat away at me now right up until the next derby

Second this, would you walk up to suarez in the street and punch him, same difference.

I'd expect his own team mates and fans to do it for me, but no they give him praise.

When playing footy with me mates and one of yer own pull shit like that you have a word. Usually on the lines of 'if you go down like that again i'll really hit yer'

The majority of Liverpool fans are scum, they praise these numerous scumbags that would have been castrated at our club. More often than not if one of our players dive or ask for a card we give him down the banks. Them cowards award it.

Diouf, Suarez and Gerrard, Liverpool should be ashamed to be associated with such scum, but no they back them all the way to court because laws/rules/morals don't apply to them.

Thats just it though to a lot of us its not just a game its an extemeley emotive way of life

That decision to me didnt just mean I lost a game, it ruined my entire weekend. I was supposed to be going out on Saturday night but I just couldnt face the prospect of bumping in to any horrible Kopites rubbing it in

Likewise I am dreading going in to work tomorrow for the same reason, It will eat away at me now right up until the next derby

Mate I share your pain it was a shyte decision and it ruined what was shaping up to be a good game.

I just believe what happened oversteps the line. The FA will investigate, we may get fined and who knows what else. I have always thought we were better than that, we carried ourselves with a bit more dignity and didnt need to resort to bollocks like that.

I agree with PeteO above Suarez, Gerrard and Diouf all ***** but the minority of mindless planks that pulled this stunt yesterday are no better

Mate I share your pain it was a shyte decision and it ruined what was shaping up to be a good game.

I just believe what happened oversteps the line. The FA will investigate, we may get fined and who knows what else. I have always thought we were better than that, we carried ourselves with a bit more dignity and didnt need to resort to bollocks like that.

I agree with PeteO above Suarez, Gerrard and Diouf all ***** but the minority of mindless planks that pulled this stunt yesterday are no better

I agree with yer they're idiots, but everyones been enticed to do something stupid. These fans will probably be banned for life, yet the culprits who started it will have no punishment at all which isn't fair. Everton players/fans constantly have to take the high road, but we don't get any thing in return for it, apart from less points. Over a season theres around easily 10 points lost a season because of awful decisions and blatant bias, the teams above us get a nice 10+ points off the refs. We tend to finish around 20 points behind the leader. The leagues a lot closer than referees allow. There needs to be a new body or big changes, F1 had a shake up football should follow suit.

Im not sure I buy into the whole biased thing. I just think its human error and some refs arent up to the job. Moyes said himself it was an odd choice for ref given their past. Quite clearly he is a shit referee, he couldnt even manage consistency with his decisions over 90 minutes let alone a season.

Football needs to take a look itself and realise the technology available could prevent situations like this. Given the stakes at hand it is becoming paramount. We were robbed yesterday, not strictly of 3 points but a good game of football and thats what its all about really

Do wanna argue, I can see your not justifying it, but I don't see how anyone can understand it either. It's a shameful thing to do. And I don't think our clubs fans should accept that from a stupid minority.

Mogsy mate. I don't see how you cannot understand why people would want to throw things. I know it's wrong, you know it's wrong and probably those who did it know it's wrong but in the heat of the moment people react differently (sounding like a stuck record now), rightly or wrongly, that is how I understand why people do things differently to others.

Put it this way if I went to the bookies and told them what had happened earlier in the game the odds I would have got on a bottle or anything else being thrown would have been very low. I knew and probably 9/10ths of the ground knew what was going to happen as soon as they got a corner or scored because we understand that we all behave differently, again rightly or wrongly.

Suarez did contribute to the actions and apart from the blatant dive that caused the ridiculous sending off, Saurez was asked on more than one occasion to remove himself from the touchlines and close proximity to Everton fans, firstly after he scored and another when deliberating to take a corner,

How dare he take a corner for his own team , Get real mate he had every right to deliberate , your talking rubbish.

let he without sin throw the first stone......is this aimed at bellemy for someone who has been involved in assault and racism charges he made a meal of a empty plastic bottle....this guy will always be a tit,i also think charlie adam was out of order he didnt try to shepperd rodwell off he was pushing him with both hands in the chest he could have made rodwells situation even worse for had i been rodwell i would have been tempted to push him back thank god rodwell didnt.

I'm not sure I understand your point Patto, but I'm sure Bellamy was punished for any wrong doing. Adams actions are open to interpretation, but neither player deserved to be abused.

It wasn't long ago Jagielka dived against Villa and we won a penalty, or Coleman winked after going down rather dubiously to win another. Pienaar would drop as quick as anyone else too. All players take advantage where possible. We're no exception.

The majority of Liverpool fans are scum,

Diouf, Suarez and Gerrard, Liverpool should be ashamed to be associated with such scum, but no they back them all the way to court because laws/rules/morals don't apply to them.

They are not scum they are football fans , we support our club they support theirs , Suarez went down made the most of it and thought he won a free kick , Why should they be ashamed . would we be , we would have loved Gerrard in a blue shirt anyone who says otherwise are lying would we be ashamed of him ?? No ! we would also Love Suarez , you probably wont agree but its true , Diouf was a prick even the LFC fans hate him ,

I can't believe some fans are defending these idiots who let our football club down , Get real we dont need them , they are the scum not the Liverpool players you refer to.

Mogsy mate. I don't see how you cannot understand why people would want to throw things. I know it's wrong, you know it's wrong and probably those who did it know it's wrong but in the heat of the moment people react differently (sounding like a stuck record now), rightly or wrongly, that is how I understand why people do things differently to others

I don't see that there is anything to understand, heat of the moment or not. Throwing any object with the intentent to harm is totally out of order, and it doesn't matter which football team it is, or what they do on the pitch, or how there team mates react, it is only a game of football at the end of the day. Come on guys there is absoultly no way anyone can understand why someone would want to do this.

I'm sorry but Suarez deserves to be physically harmed he ruined the whole fucking game acting like he had been hit by a truck. I would like to see him when he actually gets punched in the face he would be out cold for 3 hours holding his fucking knee.

You really are a total fucktard arent you

I'm sorry but Suarez deserves to be physically harmed he ruined the whole fucking game acting like he had been hit by a truck. I would like to see him when he actually gets punched in the face he would be out cold for 3 hours holding his fucking knee.

Be glad I'm not admin. That's all. wink.png

I don't see that there is anything to understand, heat of the moment or not. Throwing any object with the intentent to harm is totally out of order, and it doesn't matter which football team it is, or what they do on the pitch, or how there team mates react, it is only a game of football at the end of the day. Come on guys there is absoultly no way anyone can understand why someone would want to do this.

Mogsy, you are totally missing the point about understanding why people react like they do. I am not going to explain again because it obviously isn't sinking in but mull these over and ask yourself why:

People shoot/ stab people

people rob people

people shout obscenities at people

people throw objects at people.

How dare he take a corner for his own team , Get real mate he had every right to deliberate , your talking rubbish.

I didn't say he shouldn't I was merely pointing out what happened but as you are a red attempting to wind people up I shall ignore you..................oops to late I took the bait.

Billy, you're doing Everton, Everton fans, and football fans in general no end of harm.

You're a moron and don't deserve to be associated with the club in any way.

Suarez exhibited aspects of the game that NONE of us like - aspects all our clubs have done over the years - pulling 'stunts' to help make a tackle look worse than it was.

We all saw what he did, and that's enough. He made himself look stupid.

Sadly, as stupid as he looked, it pales into insignificance next to you.

When Everton have so many problems right now, the very least they can hold on to is their dignity and class. Start bloody showing some.

Mogsy, you are totally missing the point about understanding why people react like they do. I am not going to explain again because it obviously isn't sinking in but mull these over and ask yourself why:

People shoot/ stab people

people rob people

people shout obscenities at people

people throw objects at people.

A distinct lack of restraint, respect, compassion, morals, discipline, decency, upbringing, education, etc etc.

Sorry Beardy, but on this occasion I feel trying to understand why somebody does this sort of thing should take a back seat to complete condemnation. Once people think it's ok to do what they want, or react how they feel, they have no place in a civilised society, which is based entirely on standards they are unable to grasp. It's the reason prisons are full.

The Beard is clearly NOT condoning any of the behaviour. Since he's got fed up trying to explain, I'll give it a bash...

'Understanding' a moron is possible. It's a matter of being able to clearly see what's provoked them (the bad decision, and a feeling of injustice). Cause - and effect.

Now, the morons are just that... MORONS. But he's absolutely right - you can 'understand' the trigger.

All he's really saying is that when injustice happens (even by accident), it's one of the causes of people getting upset. SOME idiots struggle with that, and can't control themselves. They turn into animals and you get the mindless coin throwing incidents.

Regardless, we 'understand' why it happened.

Almost everybody can see it was wrong - I wouldn't want anybody to think folks are condoning it in any shape for form.

Arsenal and Spurs had similar issues yesterday - and I've seen the same at my club. There's a handful of morons who've been watching 'Green Street' and suddenly think hooliganism is a bit of a laugh.

It seems to be slowly creeping back into the game, and it needs stamping out now.