IGNORED

Fans at the match today throwing missiles

Avinalaff

This isn't about football, but about our fans.

What's happening to our good nature? Last season we had fans spitting at players, innocent fans attacked, and yesterday we've got bottles and coins etc thrown on to the pitch at players.

No excuse I can think of can justify this behaviour. Over 100 years of history and tradition of being great fans and that's all about to go tits up soon because of the actions of a handful of absolute mindless idiots.

I hope they get caught and prosecuted, and banned from Goodison Park and every other ground never to watch live football again.

Thankfully nobody was injured. It's time some folk realised it's a game

To any supporters from other clubs, these people are not representative of Everton Football Club, nor our fan base, and have no place on our terraces. shaking fist.png

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to agree, some idiots think walking into the gwladys street gives them special poors to be the biggest spas they can be and its ok cos its football. i thought it was funny when, i think it was bellamy, was taking a corner and some idiot was shouting abuse and giving him the fingers while also taking a photo of him. what an ambassader for our club, moron

Suarez and Atkinson are partly to blame, there was no shit thrown 'till them two pissed all over the place, petty to throw stuff and I don't condone it but it would have been avoided if people done their jobs properly. The Everton team constantly be the bigger man, but y'day was a game too far. should have walked off the pitch after that red, or not even bothered going on it in the first place because that match was only gonna ever have one result. All the refs know Suarez is a diving cunt, and what ever clever lad who picks the refs knew Atkinson is a notorious card happy bully victim, who also happens to loathe Everton to do the derby is a cunt. Corrupt, power abusing, game fixing slime the whole FA or Sky or who ever it is pulling the strings in the league to keep the 'top' teams top.

Edited by pete0

I don't condone the actions but I understand why people behave in that way, it doesn't mean it's right but I understand. You can pontificate all you like by saying the only people to blame are the people who threw objects but if people are riled by unfairness then retaliation is often the following course of action. Atkinson and Suarez did contribute to the actions and apart from the blatant dive that caused the ridiculous sending off, Saurez was asked on more than one occasion to remove himself from the touchlines and close proximity to Everton fans, firstly after he scored and another when deliberating to take a corner, whether this is wrong or right it only inflamed matters when he took an age in doing so.

I agree with The Beard

Its embarassing and reflects badly on the club and I wish it hadnt happened but in the heat of the moment I can undertsand it

The situation had been inflamed by the complete ineptitude of the Referee and the sense of injustice that ensued

Its far more than just a game its people lives, peoples passions and when the red mist comes down some people can do daft things

Cmon Beard its a game, just a game. No excuses whatsoever

Mindless idiots and im disgusted to be associated with them as should any decent Evertonian

Mate I know it's just a game but a game that encites passion, whether right or wrong. I did state I don't condone the actions but I understand why people behave like they do and people will have excuses for their behaviour and their excuse will be the actions of Atkinson and Suarez.

I was as bitterly disappointed by yesterdays sending off and result as the next man but it never crossed my mind to bring the clubs name into disrepute by involving myself in coin throwing. Kids lash out when they dont get their own way, grown men should have a little more restraint

And they react to a bad refereeing decision by lobbing coins and bottles at the opposition players. You are seeking to justify these actions as human nature?

I don't think we are trying to justify anything. Like Duncan said everyone reacts in different ways, whether it is right or wrong. I was, like yourself, bitterly disappointed but I chose to discuss the unfairness in the pub others decided to throw missiles, I know it is wrong but that is what they did and I can't control peoples' behaviour.

Compare it to recent instances in that have taken place AND I know this is two very extremes. Peoples houses/ businesses have been burgled and the owners have reacted by defending themselves and their property resulting in the deaths of their assailants. They have taken the life of somebody else because of the unfairness shown to them. Can their actions be justified?

Its somewhat apples and oranges comparing the potential loss of home and livelihood to a bad refeering decision in a game of football.

Im not looking for an argument but both you and Duncan have sought to justify the actions of these (and I use the term loosely) fans

You did the same as I did and had a good moan over several pints as it should be

Its somewhat apples and oranges comparing the potential loss of home and livelihood to a bad refeering decision in a game of football.

Im not looking for an argument but both you and Duncan have sought to justify the actions of these (and I use the term loosely) fans

You did the same as I did and had a good moan over several pints as it should be

I am not looking for an argument myself and the only justification I may have offered is the fact that poeple react to different situations in different ways, unfortunately that is part of life which ever way you look at it.

I disagree with you, I am not trying to justify their actions at all. I am merely saying that I understand why it happened

I am also saying its human nature that dictates how you react to any given situation. Its not something I would have done but thats down to my nature

Lets get this straight it was not a preplanned thing it was a reaction to the actions of the Referee and Liverpool players. Its a bit like road rage

You may well have hit the nail on the head when you say that " Kids lash out when they dont get their own way, grown men should have a little more restraint"

This all happened in the Gwladys Street which is normally full of kids and young scallies and is one of the main reasons I sit in the Park End

As if none of you wouldn't of been delighted if surez got fucked up by a coin

Unbelievable comment! Your suggesting that we would be happy to see someone succumb to physical harm cause he dived in a game of football? Nothing could justify something like that, especially a game of football!! Granted Suarez is a total knob, but to think he should be harmed in anyway is out of order, and I would have thought I reflect everyone else's opinion as well apart from you!! You are a disgrace to the club fir suggesting such a thing!

Unbelievable comment! Your suggesting that we would be happy to see someone succumb to physical harm cause he dived in a game of football? Nothing could justify something like that, especially a game of football!! Granted Suarez is a total knob, but to think he should be harmed in anyway is out of order, and I would have thought I reflect everyone else's opinion as well apart from you!! You are a disgrace to the club fir suggesting such a thing!

I wouldn't worry mate, he's not an Everton fan but a Cahill fan judging by previous comments of his.

Passion or not, riled or not, there is no excuse for throwing things and i dont understand how people "understand" it. Hurl abuse by all means but keep it verbal.

As for you Bily, you are an embarrassment. Please crawl back to your cave

edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2044205/Everton-face-investigation-bottles-thrown-Merseyside-derby.html

Edited by Matt

Passion or not, riled or not, there is no excuse for throwing things and i dont understand how people "understand" it. Hurl abuse by all means but keep it verbal.

As for you Bily, you are an embarrassment. Please crawl back to your cave

edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2044205/Everton-face-investigation-bottles-thrown-Merseyside-derby.html

Matt I understand because I acknowledge that as individuals we react to different things differently. I reiterate what I have said a couple of times before on this thread, myself, and Duncan, are not condoning it but we understand why it happens.

Matt I understand because I acknowledge that as individuals we react to different things differently. I reiterate what I have said a couple of times before on this thread, myself, and Duncan, are not condoning it but we understand why it happens.

mate, i know youre not condoning, it wasnt meant as jab. Putting it like that, yes people will react in different ways - i just hoped that Evertonians were above that.

Throwing stuff at players allows people judge us all negatively. I would have felt like doing it but have been brought up to do different and know its pure scum behaviour.

However, my anger at Suarez and the ref was unbelievable, I wanted to smash them up, seriously seriously aggrieved that the one fixture of a season was destroyed by those immoral pricks. The only player who showed any disgust to what I would have done was Cahill.

Charlie Adam - do me a favour you fat horrible git, making out you were doing rodwell a favour helping him off the pitch? Your reaction to the none foul influenced the refs decision.

If not one of our players or staff confronted Suarez and the ref I will be disgusted. Personally if I was rodwell I would have bruised knuckles.

there is no excuse, and i dont think for one second any of our members are justifying it. i dont think beard and dunc are justifying it, they are just giving the reasons that have pushed these idiots to these actions. no one is saying its right, it happens.

i hope they are caught and brought to justice, but in the cold light of day people react to things, that was yesterday. we cant do anything about it now personally.

the police and the club will study the cctv and hopefully these idiots will be banned.

on charlie adam, ive said the same in the match day thread. i dont think he was doing any favours. he was first in the refs face after the challenge. jack was already sent off, how could it have got worse for him. it looked to me like he wanted him off quick so they could get started and take advantage of ten men.

Edited by StevO