IGNORED

Fans at the match today throwing missiles

Avinalaff

Its bloody shameful and those who partook need to be punished.

I have mellowed my stance a little since Saturday and I think a bit of sense should prevail over the punishment dependent upon age, if it was kids they need to know its unacceptable and not the behaviour of a true fan, a season ban maybe.

If grown men then chuck the book at them, they should show a little more restraint and think about the repercussions for the club

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on, the point of a forum is to air our views, and if we disagree, then we disagree, there is no witch hunt against The Beard', I just don't agree with his or your use of the word 'understand'

v. un·der·stood (-std), un·der·stand·ing, un·der·stands

v.tr.

1. To perceive and comprehend the nature and significance of; grasp. See Synonyms at apprehend.

2. To know thoroughly by close contact or long experience with: That teacher understands children.

a. To grasp or comprehend the meaning intended or expressed by (another): They have trouble with English, but I can understand them.

b. To comprehend the language, sounds, form, or symbols of.

4. To know and be tolerant or sympathetic toward: I can understand your point of view even though I disagree with it.

5. To learn indirectly, as by hearsay: I understand his departure was unexpected.

6. To infer: Am I to understand you are staying the night?

7. To accept (something) as an agreed fact: It is understood that the fee will be 50 dollars.

8. To supply or add (words or a meaning, for example) mentally.

v.intr.

a. To have understanding, knowledge, or comprehension.

b. To have sympathy or tolerance.

That's the definitions I've found and I still can't relate it to the actions mentioned previously. Yes I can know they threw coins, it's because they are idiots, I know they are idiots but I cannot understand why they did it or why they or idiots. And as mentioned before I don't think and have stated that I can see The beard doesn't condone it, but the the use of understand I think is wrong

See the highlighted above for the 'UNDERSTANDING' regarding the topic.

Point 1, vtr, and Point 1a, vintr, are the general points I am making.

Point 2 I can relate to from my own work base as a manager in a psychiatric unit with a psychological background.

Point 3a can be relevant to actions as well as words.

If you read the meanings/ description you have kindly offered this thread then you will actually realise that you understand why people behave like they do.

Edited by The Beard

I also see, point 4,7,3b, and the last 1b. As far as I'm see it there is nothing to understand with these morons, they are just morons. I suppose I do not have any psychological training or background, so probably don't see this point of view, but I simply don't understand why people have to do that especially over a game of football

I also see, point 4,7,3b, and the last 1b. As far as I'm see it there is nothing to understand with these morons, they are just morons. I suppose I do not have any psychological training or background, so probably don't see this point of view, but I simply don't understand why people have to do that especially over a game of football

That is correct but as you indicate there are many meanings for the term understand. Which ones we interpret in this topic will highlight the differences in opinions. The ones I highlighted are relevant to my understanding of peoples actions, however the ones you indicated I acknowledge as having no relevance to my understanding of individuals actions as I am not tolerant or sympathetic to the individuals involved.

As I understand it, we're trying to understand the word 'understand' and there's a distinct lack of understanding among those of us not being understood. Have I understood that correctly?

Never mind being hit with a bottle.... this stuff's enough to make us ALL hit the bottle!

Edited by BlueSky

Come off it!!! You have to get heavy on these idiots. Life ban and criminal record IMO.

It's mind sets like these fans that have people throwing bricks off bridges randomly.

Yes I understand anger, I really do. However making the decision to throw a coin is stupid and warrants punishment. A coin in the eye could cause serious damage and I do not wish to see that.

Precisely why I said throwing coins was a different matter

So going by your logic if a driver gets caught doing 35mph in a 30 zone should he banned from driving for life?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I acknowledge as having no relevance to my understanding of individuals actions as I am not tolerant or sympathetic to the individuals involved.

Sorry all, this will be my last post on this subject( I know you all will be gutted ;) )

The beard please don't get me wrong, as I've said I know your not condoning it or sympathetic to them and I have no beef with you in particular, I just don't get the understanding part. I suppose it's just that I can't understand why people do this in any way shape or form or even there thinking behind. :)