IGNORED

England vs Sweden

Ok, my general feeling is that England will break the bad run of results against Sweden. (After you beat Spain and the terrible game Sweden had against Denmark it seems the most likely outcome)

The probable starting eleven for Sweden (after looking at the practice today)

....................................................Isaksson (PSV)....................................................

Lustig (Rosenborg) Mellberg (Olympiacos) Majstorovic (Celtic) Olsson (Blackburn)

....................Wernbloom (AZ) Källström (Lyon) R Elm ( AZ).....................................

..........................................Elmander (Galatasaray).................................................

...........................................Ibrahimovic (AC Milan)..................................................

Ibra does not do well against brittish teams. Apart from 20 minutes against Arsenal and a few moments against Liverpool back in the day.

Excited to see how Wernbloom and Elm does against England. I think Elmander and Mellberg will want to impress after leaving the prem.

I think we will see Seb Larsson come on in the second half. And Ola Toivonen. (was linked with Everton and Liverpool a year ago.)

Shame Jonas Olsson (WBA) didnt get to start, thought he was ok against Denmark. He is fantastic at WBA.

2-1 to England.

It will be a completely different England set up to what we saw against Spain and rumours are we could be going with a 3 pronged attack! Doubt it though, but my guesses would be England starting the brighter, probably scoring one or two and then letting you back in it and finishing 2-1 or maybe even 2-2.

....................................................Isaksson (PSV)....................................................

Lustig (Rosenborg) Mellberg (Olympiacos) Majstorovic (Celtic) Olsson (Blackburn)

....................Wernbloom (AZ) Källström (Lyon) R Elm ( AZ).....................................

..........................................Elmander (Galatasaray).................................................

...........................................Ibrahimovic (AC Milan)..................................................

Am i right in thinking that Sweden will start with 10 men? Are they expecting someone to get sent off prior to kickoff? :lol:

Am i right in thinking that Sweden will start with 10 men? Are they expecting someone to get sent off prior to kickoff? laugh.png

Who the hell have I missed? Ah, Seb Larsson is starting on the left. So it should be

.......S. Larsson (Sunderland) Wernbloom (AZ) Källström (Lyon) R Elm ( AZ)..........

However it has been reported that Mellberg took quite a big hit in practice so he might not be able to start. The official starting 11 will be released in an hours time.

I can't help but notice there is no one in based in Sweden, are there no regulars in the Allsvenskan?

Anders Svensson (ex Southampton and 36 years old) is an allsvenskan player and a regular in the national team. Apparently we want to try Wernbloom instead

Edited by Peter H

On paper they have a good side, They are always an efficient unit thats well put together but just lack that killer edge for me.

I don't really fear Ibrahimovic I know his record is great but I've never been a fan and always thought that alot of his success was down to the fact the clubs He played for where great during his tenure.

I think your Midfield will cause a few problems as they will try and whip it in to your front two and if Carson is in goal it could end up like watching a clown juggle hot coal.

I actually think england will struggle with that starting 11.

Shite line-up that we will struggle to keep their Midfield in check with Jones who's not an Internatioonal defender (yet) let alone a Midfielder and Barry who's shite and the same can be said of Downing who's another David one trick Bentley.Far to negative no attacking threat other then the pace of Walcott....