IGNORED

Today's football

My day has been made so much better knowing that the scumbags lost against Sunderland! I tried to get onto Bluemoon (for the first team) to see what people were saying about the result and I got the same screen. Hopefully this is the start of City falling from the top of the table and back into mid-table/relegation where they belong. I said at the start of the season that Manchester United would win the league and I still stand by what I said, Manchester City will not win the title and their rivals will - simple as.

With City looking for the winner, Sunderland managed to hit them on the counter-attack with the final action of the match. Ji exchanged a one-two with Sessegnon and then rounded Hart superbly before finishing into the empty net! 1-0.

Second best news all day, what's more there are reports that Ji's goal was offside which makes it all the more hilarious.

I don't mind if City win the title I really don't, they haven't been champions since 1968 and in that time United have had about 24,000 title success, let them have a championship success if they can, they've had such a long wait for it, let's see the other side of Manchester as champs for once, gets fucking boring see United winning the title more often than not, as I'd rather City do it to be honest, there may be an element of self righteousness amongst supporters the last year or two since the big investment but a fair percentage of supporters have been there for the long haul and have had to put up with all that United have done in the meantime, I won't begrudge them any honors this time around

Not so long ago I would have loved Manchester City to have won something but since the takeover their fans have become the most arrogant in English football. I despise the fact that they see themselves as 'always will and always have been' a big club as not long ago they coulden't even hold a position in the Premier League. They are a small club and as soon as they go back to being that the better as they are one of the worst football clubs out there at the moment.

City are a small club, same as with Chelsea really, just because some rich types come along and wave their cash around and you have a spell of success, won't componsate for all the years of non achievement and second division status

I still maintain most suppoters are genuine enough to warrant a little bit of success, and who's to say how long it will last, they've had to endure Big Brother from Old Trafford win everything under the sun the last 35 years so I may allow them a little taste of success

It's teams like Chelsea I don't like, plastic outfits that went from 1971-2007 without winning anything and since that Russian person came along they are under the misguided belief they are some great club, you're not violent.gif

I'm not that bothered with Chelsea really because I don't live anywhere near London so I don't hear Chelsea fans going on about their successes. Being from near Manchester I do hear a lot of Manchester City 'fans' claiming that since football was invented they have been at the front. Some of the City fans are genuine and I don't mind them as they are just supporting their club going through a good patch it's just when people come out singing and dancing that Manchester City are the greatest club in the world that piss me off as they would have been nowhere near the top 10, let alone the Championship had they not of had a mega investment.

Along with that when they have players like Balotelli in their club it dosen't help as I think he's an absolute cock.

Personally I don't give a shit who wins the title....I only care where we come so the fact that Sunderland are now only three points behind us pisses me off. Would prefer City (and United, Chelsea, Arse and even Spurs) to win every game against the teams around us.

I'm all for Everton progress of course but at the end of the day when whoever becomes League champions it does kind of matter to me, I remember this to an extent in both '92 and '95 when Leeds and Blackburn took the honors, simply as it made a welcome change to see for once someone else be champions, what's the point of the same teams winning it year after year. Kind of takes me back to a time when even Ipswich, Saints or Watford came very near in the end to being champions of England but just missed out by a nose, lo and behold more often than not it was the shite who finished on top so obviously at the time I would have really liked to have seen the underdogs take the titles

Personally I don't give a shit who wins the title....I only care where we come so the fact that Sunderland are now only three points behind us pisses me off. Would prefer City (and United, Chelsea, Arse and even Spurs) to win every game against the teams around us.

I think I love you wub.png .

Spot on!

P.S. Love you more!

edit: (but it was very funny Sunderland scoring!!!)

Edited by c1982

Football is all about ups and downs... it's a City 'up' at the moment, it will pass in time. It's not like it happens too often, so we're just enjoying the ride.

Regarding the younger element of fans... well, yes, they are young, and their team is winning. This is what happens with young kids. Be it Liverpool, United, Everton, City... you're a fool if you think one set of fans will behave differently than the next.

The down side of City winning anything will be the inevitable smugness that United have had for years, and to a lesser extent (in recent years) Liverpool. We've won nowt yet (other than a cup) but for us, it's progress after watching crap for donkeys years.

As for 'small club'? Do a BIT of research at least. City's gates across our entire history are neck and neck with Everton.... but that's not really the point. Does it matter who is 'big' and who is 'small'? Nottingham Forest were never the size of City or Everton, but they providing some amazing football in their day. A little respect for fellow fans would make the football world a lot better than 'our fans are special, other fans are morons'.

As for the money? Yep, having money doesn't guarantee a thing, but it HELPS significantly. Once upon a time, Everton were the moneybags. Admittedly it's a long time ago, but money's always been a significant factor in a club's success. I don't like it. I don't agree with it, but it's how it is, always has been, and always will be.

City were a proud club with proud fans run by morons who made a total shambles of our finances over the years. Some of those morons were serious fans of the club, but they still made a mess of it. We got LUCKY with a rich sugar daddy.

Everton are going down the same path - making a bit of a mess of the finances (for many reasons). No fault of the fans, and doesn't make Everton a bad club. Just badly run (arguably). Now you're seeking investment too. It's still a sugar daddy even if they don't have quite as much sugar.

The whole game is a mess, and decent fans at United, City, Everton and more are seeing 'the game' being taken over by 'investors', and TV Money. Right now, it's suiting City and hurting Everton... in the long run it will hurt all clubs. City just happen to (currently) have first class tickets on the Titanic. It's not going to matter in the long run.

And, finally Everton were one of the teams that wanted to keep the TV money for themselves and set up a breakaway league (prior to the Prem), so let's not point fingers about the countless cockups ALL clubs have made and shafted the fans in the process.

Everton are a fantastic club with a proud history.

So are Preston North End, Blackburn Rovers and Accrington Stanley.

There's no connection other than the fans themselves who've endured it all.

That's true for any club really. An Everton fan being born today won't be the same as one who can remember the great 80s side (who were robbed of a chance to prove themselves in Europe).

The players come and go, the owners come and go, the managers come and go, and to some extent a proportion of the fans come and go. All any fan really has is a love of their club, that, if truth be told, gets taken advantage of time and time again.

Fans are a captive audience unable to switch to another brand, and ALL clubs milk us for our money.

For most City fans, we've watched great Liverpool and United teams do amazing things and 'dreamed' of one day experience just some of that. To play Barcelona, or Bayern, or Madrid etc, to lift a trophy, to go to Wembley etc etc. 90% of fans NEVER get to experience it in a lifetime. So that makes City and Everton fans (of a certain age) very lucky indeed.

It's very unlikely City would ever surpass United, nothing is impossible, but it's unlikely, but all we want is a moment in the sun... to know what it's like.

Other fans can take the piss and say "it's only an FA cup" or "you didn't last long in Europe", but at least my son can say "I watched City win a cup with my dad" etc. That's damn lucky if you ask me.

I'm not into 'big club' 'little club' crap... Everton have more often than not, been a better team that City. We've had our moments, but generally, Everton have been much better. That makes Everton fans lucky (fortunate) in my eyes. You've have a lot of success over the years, and even now, it's hardly 'tragic' - just a dip by your standards.

It's a shame that money plays such an influential role in it all. There's no denying that, but that's not City's fault, that's the fault of ALL the premier league clubs who WANTED this. They all wanted to go to Vegas and win big bucks, it's unfair to complain later when some lose and some get lucky. The fault was 'going to Vegas' in the first place.

I miss aspects of the 'old' City... the perennial underdogs, the atmospheric Maine Rd etc... but I don't miss the gross mismanagement, 3rd division, relegation, inept players, losing more than winning etc.

All I can do is enjoy the ride - I have no say in what the club does (as per any fan). I try to remind my son that once upon a time, Liverpool were magnificent, United were quite bad, and 'things change'. I try to remind him that the City he knows is a new thing, and it won't always be this way. He's youngish (19) and doesn't fully understand what I tell him, but he will in good time.

If all fans were honest, really honest, they'd realise the great paradox of football...

We would all love to be the club we currently are, but enjoy the successes of United and Liverpool etc, but in reality, to have such success will turn you into those clubs.

Edited by BlueSky

Todays football as in 'football of today'

Shite being held at Anfield by Oldham Atheltic (third division I believe) at half time apparently, Dalglish fielding an under strength starting XI, obviously thinks it's a done deal with regard to venue and opposition, lo and behold Steven 'rat faced pugilist' Gerrard gives them a lead right on HT sad.png I do hope Atheltic can get back into it and get a result up there tonight against these..

I hope they win fuck all again this calendar year I really do. Worth a mention too when we played Oldham back in 1990 they were a lower league side and Royle was manager and they took us to a second replay and beat us. They had the nerve to repeat that feat some 20 or so years later but I won't hold it against them this night. Really hope they can get back into it. unsure.png

I'm an Oldhamer born and bred!

Those were heady days for the town back then. They really did lift the entire town.

The place is a wreck now.... partly because the club refused to share a new stadium with the Rugby League team. Latics didn't need them back then.

10 years old from those days, the clubs in a real mess.

I suspect we might be saying the same of bigger teams in another 10 years... if ONLY they'd shared grounds, or not been so bloody obstinate...

United won 3-2 today in todays big match, if they do highlights tonight I'd bet the BBC or whoever devote 99 per cent of coverage to it and any other games today get put by the wayside

I don't know when the draw is, they couldn't have done it yet otherwise we would have been talking about 4th round opponents, I don't watch it anymore, they always have two obscure soccer 'personalities' standing their fumbling around with their balls and it's usually you know what to expect, i.e. Chelsea drawn at home against some struggling 3rd division outfit etc. I had a feeling last night we'd get Liverpool again for some reason, I just had this vision

O'Neill has been manager of the month for Sunderland in the short time he's been there, this is the sort of manager we are crying out for, he's chalk and cheese from Moyes in that he can motivate players and get results wherever he's been, at Leicester years back he took an unfashionable club with hardly a pot to piss in and took them to three or four League cup finals and European places, I would have been very interested to see how he would have worked out at Goodison.

O'Neill had a fair bit of money at Villa and didn't surpass Everton.

I think he's a good manager, but he's popular with the media too. Moyes is good but less popular. I'd struggle to put O'Neill ahead of Moyes (based on what Moyes has managed with Everton), the only thing about O'Neill (in his favour) is that he's done quite well in a number of places.

Great game at the Ethiad!!! My prediction City 1 - 6 United!!!

I genuinely thought this might be on the cards at half time.

Great game to watch, not the result we wanted, but can hold our heads up I think.

If anything positive can be taken from the game (for City) it's that we didn't cave in, although we looked like we were close to doing so. Possibly a harsh sending off, but you win some and you lose some.

Fair play to United - they did just enough to secure the game.