IGNORED

Today's football

Kompany has had it coming. Some of his challenges are careless.

Football doesn't work that way. You are penalised for the incident at the time, not on what someone thinks you had coming.

Careless challenges? aye. All defenders commit them. Kompany isn't exempt.

I think you're suggesting he does it more than others... in which case, referees are still doing a bad job for not catching him doing it.

Seemed harsh today, but it's a risk you take when you make a strong challenge in that way. Sometimes it's applauded, sometimes it's admonished. C'est la vie

Edited by BlueSky

Football doesn't work that way. You are penalised for the incident at the time, not on what someone thinks you had coming.

Few careless challenges result in the retrieval of the ball though. Cynical challenge you MIGHT argue, careless, no.

I think you're suggesting he does it more than others... in which case, referees are still doing a bad job for not catching him doing it.

Seemed harsh today, but it's a risk you take when you make a strong challenge in that way. Sometimes it's applauded, sometimes it's admonished. C'est la vie

He is in my FF team, so not the best news for me, but he should have seen red when he took Cahill out.

Kompany hasn't had it coming to him. He's been the best centre back in the league for the past 18months (at least) - he is world class and this is a signing I respect city for as he was raw and maybe a gamble at the time but - was it £6m? Bargain of the century! To think they paid near on £50m for clingon/diet pill... great signing.

Today common sense needed to be used, he wanted the ball and I actually think he misjudged it, that's why the 2nd foot came in - it will be rescinded and rightfully so.

I can't stand city for the flash the cash Santa Cruz, lescock, etc... signings but credit where it's due.

http://www.telegraph...cted-by-FA.html

Kompany to serve 4 game suspension after appeal rejected by FA.

Surprised by that. Smells a little of United influence.

In the shoutbox this afternoon.

It was never going to be overturned....it can only happen if the ref has made an obvious error (as in Rodwell/Barton). They can't say, "That was a bit harsh, we'll overturn it..." Lucky to not have it extended to five games for a frivolous appeal imo.

didn't he win the ball clearly and not even get near nani? he happily turned round to chase the ball..can't see how it was possibly a red..i'd have been furious if our player was sent off for it

Rooney went straight to the ref, and the ref did as he was told. Without Kompany, UTD have a better chance of winning the league. It wasn't long ago Rooney had a ban lifted. It wasn't the best tackle, but I think Rooney swayed the ref.

didn't he win the ball clearly and not even get near nani? he happily turned round to chase the ball..can't see how it was possibly a red..i'd have been furious if our player was sent off for it

You can be sent off for intent now remember, so you don't even have to touch the man. But the fact is, both feet left the floor, studs showing. It was a reckless and dangerous challenge.

You can be sent off for intent now remember, so you don't even have to touch the man. But the fact is, both feet left the floor, studs showing. It was a reckless and dangerous challenge.

THis. You have to consider what would have occured, if the player (Nani) had his planted foot on the recieving end of it...?

Not implying intent, still dangerous and needs highlighting.

It's like a guy swinging upside down in a tree with a chainsaw, dicking about and joking around, until he drops the chainsaw, just misses the head of one guy standing at the foot of the tree. No intent, but still dangerous and if circumstances were marginally different, the guy below may have had a chainsaw in his face.

so.. a 50/50 header for a ball might be deemed 'no intent' (going for the ball) but there's a fairly reasonable risk of a head injury. The reason it only happens now and again? because one player opts out.

Red card for both?

I think Kompany was a yellow to red. I think red was at the 'harsh' end of the spectrum, but still a valid call. Would have liked to have seen the ref book him and half a word about over enthusiasm, but all in all, can't complain too much.