1. 1. Time for a different colour?

• Yes - I want to stab myself in the eye when I look at it
    • No - Drab colours are so sexy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I do indeed. I'm a real loon.

I also know when a guy is being friendly and having a laugh, and when he's being snidey, and having a dig. You were having a dig, now do one.

Don't tell me to do one you jumped up little prick....

I've no need to be snide if I had a problem or wanted to have a dig believe me pal I'd have let it be known so all that has happend is you've taken a harmless bit of fun like a big tart.

I'll stand by what I've said you really do seem to have a problem you can sugar coat it with links and sarcy remarks all you like but it doesn't seem like its only me thats come across your weird attitude.

Yep by agreeing with what your saying and adding smileys really does add a very snide tone hhhmmm

I didn't even know that there is a theme facility smile.png that would be a good resolve surely? stop Avin moaning for a change lads make it happen smile.png

On a side note how do you block people on here chaps as I don't know how as I've never had a need to in x amount of years on here?

Edited by EFC-Paul

At a risk of causing further trouble, I really like that its simple and wouldnt want it changed.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrr.... Is it possible to have a choice of say 5 forum layouts with different colour schemes which can be user specific?

Edited by Matt

Don't tell me to do one you jumped up little prick....

I've no need to be snide if I had a problem or wanted to have a dig believe me pal I'd have let it be known so all that has happend is you've taken a harmless bit of fun like a big tart.

I'll stand by what I've said you really do seem to have a problem you can sugar coat it with links and sarcy remarks all you like but it doesn't seem like its only me thats come across your weird attitude.

Yep by agreeing with what your saying and adding smileys really does add a very snide tone hhhmmm

I didn't even know that there is a theme facility smile.png that would be a good resolve surely? stop Avin moaning for a change lads make it happen smile.png

On a side note how do you block people on here chaps as I don't know how as I've never had a need to in x amount of years on here?

How quickly people turn into Neanderthals.

Snidey 'and' feisty. I like it. Now go put me on ignore like a good boy. wink.png

At a risk of causing further trouble, I really like that its simple and wouldnt want it changed.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrr.... Is it possible to have a choice of say 5 forum layouts with different colour schemes which can be user specific?

Yes, it is, using the 'theme' function from the admin panel. It gives people options, but can be a pain in the ass, depending on whether you have to create them, or if they come pre-installed. It's not every admins cup of tea.

How quickly people turn into Neanderthals?

Well I don't know what correlation "Neanderthal" has to anything I have wrote but fair enough you keep making/twisting things up to suite your opinion which you often do as said very strange & deluded bloke......Thanks Rom much appreciated.

Matt I was going to suggest something very similar yesterday but I'm no expert with web design and site's and so on so wasn't sure how hard that would be to put together?

How quickly people turn into Neanderthals?

Well I don't know what correlation "Neanderthal" has to anything I have wrote but fair enough you keep making/twisting things up to suite your opinion which you often do as said very strange & deluded bloke......Thanks Rom much appreciated.

Matt I was going to suggest something very similar yesterday but I'm no expert with web design and site's and so on so wasn't sure how hard that would be to put together?

Jeez, don't you ever give it a rest? doh.gif

I can change or add a new colour scheme to mine in about half an hour, but i count the one i have now as the default, tho its easy to change or add to.

From my Forum Admin area.......

skins.jpg

Quote .."if you create more than one skin, your members can select which one they would like to use while viewing your forum".

Edited by Bill

Right let's look at this logically shall we first off I replied to your comment as you have me so to say I don't give it a rest is again deluded as you've just done the very thing your tarnishing me for! Again as with many threads on here you've dont the same thing....

You took offense to a non snide non offensive "to most" post which actually agreed with your thoughts on this thread.

I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't have have taken something so simple as harmless on board but you seem to really have problems.

Anyhow as said I've never had a bad word to say about anyone on here and don't intend to get into slanging matches with a bloke who I really have no interest in intracting with have fun...

Can you lads take your argument into the PM boxes.?

This thread is about trying to get different skins and schemes, so that we can choose the colour scheme we wish to view, and then we will all be satisfied.

Edited by Bill

Right let's look at this logically shall we first off I replied to your comment as you have me so to say I don't give it a rest is again deluded as you've just done the very thing your tarnishing me for! Again as with many threads on here you've dont the same thing....

You took offense to a non snide non offensive "to most" post which actually agreed with your thoughts on this thread.

I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't have have taken something so simple as harmless on board but you seem to really have problems.

Anyhow as said I've never had a bad word to say about anyone on here and don't intend to get into slanging matches with a bloke who I really have no interest in intracting with have fun...

Paul, if you had any balls you'd have just held your hands up and recognised offence had been caused, deliberate or not, but instead you set about trying to defend yourself by insulting me further, and to be honest, looking like a bit of a shit in the process. The fact that you have, serves to show me that you had issues with me regardless, and that itself would back up my interpretation of your initial remark. To be honest mate, I can't be arsed with people like that, who think they can get a laugh at somebody else's expense, and then spit their dummy out when they are questioned. I really don't like you at all lad, so do me a favour and fall down the stairs or something equally uncomfortable. wink.png

Again lads sorry for the tread hijack this is the last from me..

In all honesty Av no snide intent was meant hands up I'm far from shy when letting people know I don't approve or like something or them so don't paint a picture of me thats well off the mark.

If offense was caused from the original post then sorry non intended but you do really need to lighten up and lose the sarcy & at times very odd attitude.

Anyway the feeling is mutual I didn't dislike you prior to this but didn't take to some of your post's due to the above but you've shown "again" especially in the thread with Blueboy and a few others on here you are not in tune mentally.

This isn't a digg by the way just My opinion on why you may have rubbed a few people up the wrong way on her.

Sorry again chaps and Av any further problems PM me by all means but I'm done with this silly arguement on here.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Again lads sorry for the tread hijack this is the last from me..

In all honesty Av no snide intent was meant hands up I'm far from shy when letting people know I don't approve or like something or them so don't paint a picture of me thats well off the mark.

If offense was caused from the original post then sorry non intended but you do really need to lighten up and loose the sarcy & at times very odd attitude. This isn't a digg by the way just My opinion on why you may have rubbed a few people up the wrong way on here.

I'd love to lighten up too. Believe me when I say it's easier said than done matey.

I'm overly honest. Some folk don't like that. My truth isn't necessarily their truth. There in lies the problem. If folk debate, I enjoy it. If folk are personal, then I react. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive, but I rarely instigate things. Telling a popular member they are a moaner, and telling an unpopular member they're a moaner will probably get two different reactions, in the same way that calling a fit confident guy a 'fat git' might get laughed off, a little more than calling a not so confident out of shape guy a fat git. Forgive the analogy, but you get my point. Not everybody sees the same things as funny, nor will they react the same. I'm kind of past the point where I care about whether I ever get banned or not. If lads keep having a go, I'll gladly keep having these conversations. It's easier for certain lads to back off, than it is for me to lighten up, of that you can be assured. I've no interest in continuing this argument mate. If we can get along, great, if we can't, then let's respect the other lads and knock it on the head. All the best.

Bill, the fact Louis makes the decision, and hasn't replied suggests he's not interested in my suggestion.

The site doesn't compete for members for many reasons, but it's been the same set up for years, so will get the same results. A few join, a few leave, but not much changes. Same mods and admins, same ideas, same quiet site.

I'm recently perceived as a moaner, or trouble causer, yet I don't see too many others offering suggestions. Can you imagine how quiet the site would be if certain guys didn't post? I might be unpopular with some, but at least I make an effort here and keep a few threads ticking over, even if it is normally arguing with somebody lol. laugh.png

The admins like things as they are. They're happy and content, so I'm learning not to interfere, and probably won't make too many suggestions in future. Perhaps they should close the suggestions forum, as things are clearly working well as it stands ..... aren't they?

Avin, you don't know what's happening behind the scenes they might even be working on it now, but you have lost all credit with the long winded arguments that seem to develop wherever you are, don't forget it was you who started the topic but most people have actually forgotten what the topic was by now.

Edited by Bill

Avin, you don't know what's happening behind the scenes they might even be working on it now, but you have lost all credit with the long winded arguments that seem to develop wherever you are, don't forget it was you who started the topic but most people have forgotten what it actually was by now.

Bill, I have a lot of arguments, it's true, but normally because some things get lost in translation. You have your fair share too to be fair bud. Is there anybody here that hasn't argued at some point?

If they are working on things behind the scenes, it's their business, not mine. I can only make the suggestion and await a reply. In doing so, things didn't go well. It's no biggy. I tried, and failed, as they say. I don't think I've lost any credit though mate. You have to have some to lose some lol.

What would a new theme add? - a change of decor, and possibly a slightly more accurate shade of Royal Blue?

I'm unsure of what's involved in the themeing but imagine it's a few lines of CSS (for a shade change), obviously a lot more for a layout change?

The current theme is 'tranquil' in my opinion, and easy on the eye for long term use. You wanna visit the Norwich forum... to know what unsightly is!

I can't really find any fault in the theme, and don't think it needs any significant alteration other then (arguably) the blue isn't quite Everton blue in the horizontal header bars (sure you know what I mean).

Also... technically, you're supposed to try and make a website as accessible as possible to the disabled - it's a very gray area, but high contrast schemes are usually offered by sites that bother to make an effort, so I can see an argument for use chosen colour schemes to resolve that issue. 90% of sites don't offer such a feature though.

What would a new theme add? - a change of decor, and possibly a slightly more accurate shade of Royal Blue?

I'm unsure of what's involved in the themeing but imagine it's a few lines of CSS (for a shade change), obviously a lot more for a layout change?

The current theme is 'tranquil' in my opinion, and easy on the eye for long term use. You wanna visit the Norwich forum... to know what unsightly is!

I can't really find any fault in the theme, and don't think it needs any significant alteration other then (arguably) the blue isn't quite Everton blue in the horizontal header bars (sure you know what I mean).

Also... technically, you're supposed to try and make a website as accessible as possible to the disabled - it's a very gray area, but high contrast schemes are usually offered by sites that bother to make an effort, so I can see an argument for use chosen colour schemes to resolve that issue. 90% of sites don't offer such a feature though.

It's a pointless thread, as the guy didn't take any notice or reply. Not sure why folk keep bumping it.

"I'm unsure of what's involved in the themeing but imagine it's a few lines of CSS (for a shade change), obviously a lot more for a layout change "

Its just a case of clicking on a colour similar to what you do to change the text in your post.

If it wasn't for the members Avatars and Signatures adding some colour to this forum, it would be even more depressing.

My emergency forum has the same two shades of grey, but just a blue border line of the table makes it much more Colourful.

And i agree with Avin, some sort of acknowledgement might have been the decent thing to do, even if it was just to say no, anything is better than just ignoring it, otherwise what was the point of starting this topic in the first place.

Edited by Bill

Ok Louis at least thanks for the answer

I keep going on about the emergency forum which i originally set up when TT had all the crashing problems, it enabled members to keep in touch with what was going on, and if and when TT was coming back.

I shall leave it there beneath my signature just in case things go wrong again.

The emergency forum its a completely free forum so i was not expecting a lot on the site, but in some ways its more up to date that this one, it has a news flash facility at the head of the board, which is nothing special, but its a bit different and makes it a bit more interesting,

I can post as many pics into a post as i wish, but i get an error message telling of a limit when i try to do it here. So i have had to upload and then download these from photobucket

Look at them as women...

Toffeetalk forum Indistinguishable table ..... you can meet hundreds of these in pubs all over the land, ok for a night, but a bit plain and simple.

tt.jpg

--------------

Bills-footyforum with no table, but can be distinguished by the different shades of colour, again theres plenty of them about but nothing to write home about.

notable.jpg

----------

The same forum with a bit of a makeover, easy on the eye, a nice well defined colour table , and you could take this one home to meet your mum. smile.png

table.jpg

OK Louis its your site and your happy how it is, stand still and dont move on,

That makes a mockery of when i asked you about why we were having an upgrade, the answer you gave me was we've got to move on.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Edited by Bill