IGNORED

Slipping Attendances and Entertainment

I average about 10 games a season since not having a season ticket. If I am totally honest, at the moment i'm finding it difficult to even watch watch it free in my local which screens all matches. When having the odd neutral (Liverpool, Man United, Tranmere) fan passing comment as to how dull and boring we are reaffirms what many of us are saying on the match threads.

Not only that, the groans coming from the crowd are audible and cringeworthy.

Pleased that Moyes has recognised that the standard and flair has been below par, let's see what he does to rectify this. £40 a pop is £40 too much to be watching what has been served recently.

Of course, while there has been plenty of criticism aimed at Moyes for his lack of adventure and rigid loyalty to certain players and formations, many Evertonians would argue that it's the loss of flair players, the dearth of hope for the club's immediate future in general, plus perhaps broader disillusionment with the unbalanced state of the domestic game in general, that lies behind the falling home crowds.

This for me. As supporters, you know what's going to happen and how we'll play nearly every game. If supporters can turn up and predict how the game will pan out before it happens, where's the excitment?

For me, young, unpreditcable players excite me...as an example, Eden Hazard (who I've been shouting about for years and posts from former years prove that).

Anichebe was a highlight in the West Brom game, because he suprised me...he scored dry.png But in fairness, it was good, for the minutes after Moyes made 3 substitutions all before 79th minute, was a fresh change and I hate to say it....but Davey,it worked ;)

Losing 5-3 is more exciting than losing 1-0...so if we do go behind, lets go hell for leather and at least try to put some away.

I'd love to see us play a really unexpected team come Bolton, love it.

3 man midfield - Fellaini, Barkley and Rodwell *gets very moist*

3 prong attack - Donovan, Drenthe and Vellios....*get moist*

Coleman at RB :o

This for me. As supporters, you know what's going to happen and how we'll play nearly every game. If supporters can turn up and predict how the game will pan out before it happens, where's the excitment?

For me, young, unpreditcable players excite me...as an example, Eden Hazard (who I've been shouting about for years and posts from former years prove that).

Anichebe was a highlight in the West Brom game, because he suprised me...he scored dry.png But in fairness, it was good, for the minutes after Moyes made 3 substitutions all before 79th minute, was a fresh change and I hate to say it....but Davey,it worked wink.png

Losing 5-3 is more exciting than losing 1-0...so if we do go behind, lets go hell for leather and at least try to put some away.

I'd love to see us play a really unexpected team come Bolton, love it.

Coleman at RB ohmy.png

As we all know Moyes is extremely strong minded (stubborn) - it has it's good points and it's bad points.

His admission in this case is refreshing to say the least - I raised concerns that Moyes IMO needs to evolve but feared he would be reluctant to see this. This statement I am pleased with.

However, he also needs to be mindful of the fact that the stay away fans are not necessary all because of the standard of football. I know many that refuse to step inside Goodison whilst Kenwright and co are at the helm. They aren't BU members, they aren't fair weather fans - they refuse to spend money on a club that has continued it's asset utilisation strategy that has seen the a paper thin squad with no fixed assets left to remortgage (Bellefield, Goodison, Finch farm) & continue this failed approach.

Anyhow, baby steps indeed, I will take Moyes word that we will see free flowing football, with as much emphasis on attacking play as defensive.

However, he also needs to be mindful of the fact that the stay away fans are not necessary all because of the standard of football. I know many that refuse to step inside Goodison whilst Kenwright and co are at the helm. They aren't BU members, they aren't fair weather fans - they refuse to spend money on a club that has continued it's asset utilisation strategy that has seen the a paper thin squad with no fixed assets left to remortgage (Bellefield, Goodison, Finch farm) & continue this failed approach.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh nnooooooooooooooooooooooo SOmE One sTOp HiM Now BEfoRe ITs TOo LaTe!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhh nnooooooooooooooooooooooo SOmE One sTOp HiM Now BEfoRe ITs TOo LaTe!!!

guns.gif YEEE HAAA!!!

In all seriousness I think dropping crowds are a 60/40 split between standard of footy and state of club.

Hoping for a festival of footy tonight - Hibbert will score...

Coleman at RB :o

Ive been saying this to a few friends most recently, id tweak it slightly and have felli rodwell centre, drenthe left wing donovan right and barkley playing in a similar role to cahill but a more creative role...moyes gets to keep his beloved 5 man midfield but its extensive and can attack well...

And why you trying to throw Hibbert out mate? Had a few class defensive displays of late ! :D

Lack of money (fans), poor performances (by Everton's standards), crap weather, issues with the board and general disillusion with the state of football probably all take their toll.

Crowds are down in general too.

I'm still a bit surprised at how much they've fallen, but can't believe it's all just about team performances